• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What power is this? - Time related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine there's a character who is the same in all times.

As in, they interact with stuff, but Time as it is has no effect on them.

Like, if you time travelled to the past to find them, you would find the exact same person you had before you when you left in the future - 0 differences.

But if you do kill this person who is the same no matter the time in any time period, the person disappears from present, past and future as said person is the same no matter the era, and disconnected from time.

What power is this?

Is it Omnipresence, tho? As in, wouldn't a Omnipresent just keep existing at least in the past (even if they didn't have Acausality) if killed.

Someone who was truly temporally omnipresent would have to be killed in the past, present, and future to be actually killed.

This is just a shitty temporal omnipresence, I guess.

I find it strange to call it any kind of Omnipresence as the character is fundamentally... Just the exact same thing in every single time you happen to go. As in, they are NOT across time. They are disconnected from it entirely so that, independently of the era, they are the same thing because Time has 0 to do with them. They can be found interacting with time in any era but they are not within Time's streams.

That's what the power entails.

And they disappear from every time period because killing them in any era is killing the exact same thing. There's no difference, past, present or future selves - which would arise from someone existing in time.

It's just that same self.

To put it simply, consider time an arrow.

The character is like a single point over the entire arrow, as opposed to normal people flowing along with it.

Promestein said:
Yeah, that's fair. I doubt we really have a term for it, it'd just have to be well-described in the profile I guess.
Sounds alright. Nevermind then, thank you, Prom. Saik, Cal and Matt for the input as well. This can be safely closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back