• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What method should i use?

Ian2296

He/Him

For a feats like this, can I us v-frag or just stick with normal frag? or even pulver since someone told me that cutting feats usually use pulverization or v-frag.

Normal frag will be more accurate, it can be seen from the rest of the falling material

Or if you are still in doubt, you can use a Normal Frag for the Low End, and V Frag for the High End, Calc Board will determine which is more accurate.

You might be able to use Pulv, but you have to use the width of the destroyed crater from the thickness of the weapon, the crater looks wider because not all destruction is affected by Compressive Strength, The remaining width of the thickness of the weapon can be hit by Shear Strength, therefore the material that is destroyed not too much to see.

I'm just giving you advice, if you're not sure about my suggestion, that's fine, after all I'm not a Calc Group here

Last edited:
Pulv would only be possible if this was a clean cut, but since there are large fragments all over...

Go with frag.

Pulv would only be possible if this was a clean cut, but since there are large fragments all over...

Go with frag.
How about using Pulv with Volume via Width of Weapon Thickness(Due to Compressive Strength) + (Shear Strength of Crater Volume(Overall)-Volume Using Width of Weapon Thickness)

Will this be accurate? Because Compressive Strength doesn't have too much Thickness, and the rest of the Volume is Shear Strength. Is this kind of thing allowed? this will certainly be more accurate I think

How about using Pulv with Volume via Width of Weapon Thickness(Due to Compressive Strength) + (Shear Strength of Crater Volume(Overall)-Volume Using Width of Weapon Thickness)
The crack is visibly wider than the blade edge. It was not a clean cut. Plus, that's not how we do cutting calcs, we don't add another strength value into the mix.

Cutting calcs are generally done as this:

cross-sectional area cut * thickness of the blade edge * compressive strength AKA pulv. energy

And this is assuming this is a clean cut.

For cuts that are super wide...

Area of the affected area (Length and width) * depth of the area cut (As in, how deep the cut went into the wall) * destruction energy (Depending on how it was destroyed)

Will this be accurate? Because Compressive Strength doesn't have too much Thickness, and the rest of the Volume is Shear Strength. Is this kind of thing allowed? this will certainly be more accurate I think
Once again, the visuals show it to not be a clean cut. Fragments fly all over the place. Think of it like smacking a boulder in half with a stick. It's not gonna be a clean, thin split.

The crack is visibly wider than the blade edge. It was not a clean cut. Plus, that's not how we do cutting calcs, we don't add another strength value into the mix.

Cutting calcs are generally done as this:

cross-sectional area cut * thickness of the blade edge * compressive strength AKA pulv. energy

And this is assuming this is a clean cut.

For cuts that are super wide...

Area of the affected area (Length and width) * depth of the area cut (As in, how deep the cut went into the wall) * destruction energy (Depending on how it was destroyed)

Once again, the visuals show it to not be a clean cut. Fragments fly all over the place. Think of it like smacking a boulder in half with a stick. It's not gonna be a clean, thin split.
I see, Alright I Agree to use Frag

Back