• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What level of regen is this?

In Metal Gear Solid 3 Naked Snake breaks his limbs numerous times, but canonically immediately regenerates after applying a splint and some bandages, same goes for burns and gunshots, even to the head. What kind of regen is this? I thought it might be mid-low, but I'm not sure

If the limbs were only broken it would maybe be High-Low. However if he can regenerate from a legit bullet through the head then it would qualify for Mid regen, however you'd need to specify it on the power.

nah, the gunshots to the head definitely don't hit the brain, they probably just damage the skull. Also, even without them healing Snake is not hindered in the slightest, what would this be? An ability?

Hmm, depends on how much damage he has received. It maybe type 2 Immortality if he has suffered enough damage without being hindered by it, but if it's not significant enough, it would just be a stamina feat.

There was some talk about creating a pain tolerance/endurance type of power, but I don't think anything came of it. If it gets made in the future, I think this would qualify for that power.

got it. Now that i think of it, wouldn't it rather have healing? Healing medium and heavy injuries, that is

yeah, it's better also because if Naked had regen, then Solid and Liquid should have had it too, and in MGS4 we see that Snake doesn't regen from having his face burnt, which pretty much debunks him having the regen he technically should share with Naked. Thanks for the help

Didn't Snake have his face burned when he was already getting very old because of being a clone? Maybe that nullifies the Regenerationn.

it's a big assumption. Also if he had either high-low or mid he would have regenerated his eye

But I'm looking through the various cutscenes, and Volgin is definitely going to get at "least low, likely mid" regen, he has a gunshot hole right in the middle on his forehead during the Shagohod fight

Back