• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What kind of Invulnerability is this?

I'm just going to give context and hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

In Red vs Blue Season 16, a new set of characters are introduced, known as the Cosmic Powers. God-like beings that easily shrug off 9-B to 9-A weaponry, except for attacks from specific weapons created by them, such as The Hammer, Genkins' Golf Club, as well as Atlus, Kalirama and Burnstorm's primary weapons. The problem is, the specifics of what exactly it is about these weapons that allow them to bypass their invulnerability is not stated at all.

How should this be handled?

Maybe saying that the Cosmic Powers are resistant to regular weaponry just like Fate's Servants are unaffected by modern weapons. But this only if there's a statement supporting this notion. If not, tiering should take care of it adding higher to the profiles with such special weapons.

The problem is that one of the Cosmic Powers has shown no durability feats above 9-A themselves, as Genkins took damage from Labyrinth wielding the Golf Club, who is comparable in Striking Strength to Agent Carolina. This is immediately followed by Genkins effortlessly shrugging off sustained fire from the Reds and Blues, a feat far above his durability.

So I theorized that the special weapons would have something akin to Limited Invulnerability Negation (limited to technology-based invul). But there's another issue.

Sure, anyone with sufficient Technology Manipulation can get past it, as can people with good enough Clairvoyance or raw Intelligence to understand the tech as well as have a means of producing a counter-measure, such as with Creation, but that leaves the issue of a 9-A being incapable of receiving damage from anything below Tier 2 AP. Should I just treat it as really good hax and call it a day? It feels like a huge NLF though.

Treating it like a resistance seems to be the safest bet, but I'm not knowledgeable in the verse so I can't say for sure how'd it work. If there's anyone in the [[Knowledgeable Members List]] listed on the Red vs Blue section you should ask them to come here so they can solve your question.

Some content moderators might be helpful as well. They know the mechanics of these situations better and handle it more often than me.

I would if there were people on this wiki who's even seen the latest seasons, but it seems like I'm the only one so far.

Labyrinth also states that said special weapons are the only things capable of harming the Cosmic Powers, thus implying Invulnerability. If it were standard Resistance, what would it even be a resistance to? Bullets? Punches?

Like I said, Fate Servants have Resistance to Modern Weaponry (I don't know if it's specified as Weapon Mastery) and can only be harmed by weapons that hold mistery or a significant amount of years.

That's why some Content Moderator's help would be great to this case. I think it's similar as that resistance, but they have the last word on that matter.

Back