• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What kind of immortality is this?

I was wondering what immortality Crypto should have. Whenever he dies, a clone with all his memories and exact personality takes his place. Would it be Type 8 (Reliant on the cloning technology)?

No. Is there any type of immortality that would cover having a clone of your exact age with all your memories and personality released each time after you die? Type 8 was the closest I could think of since as long as he had his clones he couldn't truly die. To quote the [DAH wiki page on cloning]:

"Because of this Furons consider themselves to be immortal, mostly due to the fact that their clones carry their personalities. The only way to truly kill a Furon is to delete it from the cloning banks, ensuring that said Furon won't come back as a clone, and as long as only one of a particular clone, say Crypto, exists, the consciousness and possibly, soul, is moved on to the next clone."

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Is there any type of immortality that would cover having a clone of your exact age with all your memories and personality released each time after you die?
Imagine, that you have clones of yourself with all your memories and etc. But when you die, your clone doesn't become you. This clone is only a creature with your memories, but it isn't YOU.

However, it can be different. You have clones in which your soul/mind/something else is tranferred, if you die. And this is Immortality Type 4.

I'm not sure. I think it's Type 6: Parasitic. It isn't really reincarnation as the existence of the clones means that the character hasn't really died in the conventional sense yet.

NyogSothep said:
Will he die, if anybody destroy his technology? If yes, it's Type 8. If no, it isn't.
That is not how Type 8 works. The character is reliant on the whatever to survive, yes, but having Type 8 doesn't mean that they will die of their means for survival is destroyed. Think of Voldemort, for example. He had Type 8, reliant on the Horcruxes. However, when they were destroyed, that was not enough to kill him. He still had to be conventionally killed.

Back