• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the strongest character Jiren can resist that can manipulate time?

As of the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super Jiren was said to be able to transcend time itself, so from his showings and the 2 direct statements given, who is the strongest character that he can resist?

H doesn't transcend time he just resists Time Stop.

Not many, I can't think of a High 3A he can beat right now.

Maybe Gurren Lagann?

Gargoyle One said:
H doesn't transcend time he just resists Time Stop.

Not many, I can't think of a High 3A he can beat right now.

Maybe Gurren Lagann?
Vados clearly said he transcendes time. And the shin says that time is nothing to jiren

We actually have the episode so we can see what happens. Jiren isn't impervious to time stop but he can resist it with effort. He only stopped the time skip because he stopped hits attack. This should mean Jiren has resistence against time-skip/ time-based attacks done against him. Anyone with ridiculous speed can go against time-skip, the way goku and Dyspo did

Ovrhide said:
Vados clearly said he transcendes time. And the shin says that time is nothing to jiren
You can't take every hyperbolic statement as hard fact. Jiren overpowered a technique Hit was directly channeling energy towards to restrain him, if ANYTHING, he did what many DBZ characters have already done in the past, nulify someone's technique by being stronger/having a higher level of ki. If he really trancended time, he'd have infinate speed, and I don't think I need to explain how that isn't the case.

Back on topic, going off the "higher ki trumps lower" idea, pretty much anyone that can't get off time hax that isn't reliant on the person's energy to maintain before he can react.

^ pretty much.

If Jiren truly transcended time, then he wouldn't have been stuck in time and have to move that way in the first place. This is dragon ball, a lot of characters make bold claims like an infinite void, that somehow has time in too

Hit intended to use his time cage ability for over 20 minutes against Jiren, It failed because Jiren's own strength greatly reduced the duration and drained Hit's own power to maintain it.

Jiren would comfortably ignore 20 minutes of timefreze if that's the case.

Unite My Rice said:
Please tell me more about how angels use a vast amount of hyperbole. At this point, every new feat is gonna get called an outlier.
On topic, if we take Vados's statement literally, I'm not sure.

Its literally just flowery language.

Jesus, why are so many people taking this transcendental when it was just Jiren overpowering a move like literally ALL of DragonBall characters do whenever hax is involved.

if he WAS trancscendant or whatever, there wouldve been NO resisting from him cause he wouldnt NEED to

Oi, if Jiren is accepted as trascending time I want my Overlord characters High 3-A because there are some quotes of "infinite power" and stuff.

Flowery language is Frieza calling himself the strongest in the universe when Beerus basically contracted him to destroy Planet Vegeta lmao

Again, show me the angels' track record of such language

It doesnt matter if they "havea track record" or not, its ANIME FLOWERY LANGUAGE. its written in to spice up how OP characters are statement from other characters gawking at their might.

But does it make it wrong? They could of said Jiren can kick flip the the world of the void. just because it sounds off doesnt mean it is. Especially as angels are reliable source of information.

alright let me ask you.....guys something, if he WAS transcendetal WHY did Hit's abilities have ANY effect AT ALL?

If he was INFINITE/Immeasurable than that means Goku is somehow the same during UI. otherwise how would someone so massively lesser in speed beat an IMMEASURABLE speed character?

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
I'm against that speed for them, just saying flowery language is a bad argument considering the source.

if it aint flowery language then what the hell is it describing?

Unite My Rice said:
Please tell me more about how angels use a vast amount of hyperbole. At this point, every new feat is gonna get called an outlier.
On topic, if we take Vados's statement literally, I'm not sure.
"The tourniment takes place in the world of the void, it's a world without time or space, filled with infinate nothingness."

And yet there's a "space" for the arena and characters to inhabit, as well as a concept of "time" since they're able to move around and there's a time limit for the tourney.

"Isn't it impossible that there would be a formidable threat to you, Lord Beerus"

And yet we have things like Jiren, and Vegito that have been described as on par with the GoD, and of course Zeno, who everyone fears.

"There's nothing Lord Beerus can't destroy"

That in and of itself is hyperbole, as even in the series there's actual nothingness that, by virtue of it's concept, can't be destroyed.

Vegito isnt as strong as Beerus, that was never stated.

Jiren didn't exist as far as anyone knew.

technically true, there's nothing in the universe Beerus can't Hakai or destroy, excluding angels and the above, at the time. It was a true statement.

None of that was hyperbole, they were true at the time.

One of your examples, Vegito doesn't even exist.

Beerus can destroy anything within his universe.

The only thing ya have going for ya is the void, but considering it was shiwn this episode the grand priest has control over the enture realm, and Vados can create stuff like entire planatary atmospheres and Whis can control time to an extent.

Who knows, maybe the priest us responsible, which I'd call bullshit and agree with ya but now it's been shown he does have some control at least, we may find out in the future more about that.

No they weren't, and that doesn't matter, just because we, the audience, aren't prevy to future info doesn't mean those characters or the rest of the verse don't exist, and the characters who already have knowledge of them suddenly forgot.

One example I fudged out of lazyness to fact check, sure, but the other two are still valid, thus hyperbole.

Which still makes the statement hyperbolic. "Nothing he can't destroy" doesn't mean "only everything in our immedite range of accessability".

That still means the realm has a concept of time and space, even if it was artificially made, which, again, makes the statement hyperbole...

Not even sure what you're talking about in the first part here.

The statement still rings true, there was nothing he couldn't destroy at the time, and Whis and other angels dont include themselves when they say stuff like that. Only exception was jiren, and no one knew he existed.

Not quite, the realm could very well be a void, if the priest added thst shit later it doesnt change the original fact.

The first part was a responce to your previous first claim of "it was true at the time, so it isn't hyperbole", which doesn't work. That's like me saying to a group of isolated people that "i'm the smartest person in the world", just because it might seem "true" to them in particular and their limited state of knowledge, doesn't make it a fact, nor does it not make it a hyperbolic statement.

And, again, nothing in his claim implied a when or where, it was a blanketed statement.

Except it does, if the concepts of time and space still exist in that realm, then the statement hyperbole...

I'm sick of responding to the same refuted point and saying "hyperbole" over and over, so I leave it at that.

I meant in universe dude.

Not quite, excluding himself, (And other angels) it was an accurate statement.

If the world of the void is a void with no time-space and he added that himself, it's not hyperbole, it's a factual statement, the world of the void is still abiding by those rules elsewhere and that's it's natural state.

It's like saying earth has oxygen. But because scientists can make a vacuum it's hyperbole.

Back