• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the minimun amount of "Lore" a verse need to be able to be letted into the wiki?

Let's say a verse lore is limited to "Side A and Side B are in a war" and the entire thing is just their battle. Would It be enough to have profiles for the verse and It's characters in the wiki? No deepening into the reason of the war, no real names spooken, etc.

what is the verse with the least amount of lore in the wiki?

what would you say is the minimun amount of lore required to be able to put a verse in the wiki?

I mean, as long as there’s a whole premise to the series and there are some notable feats, they should be fine to add regardless of how much lore is in it.

A fictional work's worthiness to be included on the VS Battles Wiki isn't exclusive to the story details. Other factors include popularity, distinctness and how much information there is that would be relevant here. If the story is popular enough, then it doesn't matter how bland it is. There are also some restrictions, such as only allowing official alternate continuities of fictional works rather than fan-made ones. Chess isn't really a fictional work though. It's a strategy board game.

Chess isn't really a fictional work though. It's a strategy board game.
It shows a battle of 2 sides, and after some reserch I finded a calculable feat for It thanks to word wide terminolagy of chess and what the pieces acctually represent, expecifically the tower, and there is no doubt chess is really popular
I mean we sort of already have chess profiles, and I am guessing these were the reason why this thread was made.
Kinda, I have started a mission to make a lot of chess profiles and verses, not only pretend to go deeper into 5D chess but also want regular chess and FPS chess to gain profiles and verse pages

Any way, can I make regular chess profiles if I have the hability to calculate feats for the verse and It has the most basic lore?

It shows a battle of 2 sides, and after some reserch I finded a calculable feat for It thanks to word wide terminolagy of chess and what the pieces acctually represent, expecifically the tower, and there is no doubt chess is really popular

Kinda, I have started a mission to make a lot of chess profiles and verses, not only pretend to go deeper into 5D chess but also want regular chess and FPS chess to gain profiles and verse pages
I can see chess being viable to be included on the VS Battles Wiki, but to me it's just a board game with a simple theme. When I think of a fictional work, I think of something that has the purpose of being a story, rather than being a very simple theme for a board game. However, there is a good point against mine that I thought of...

You could claim that my idea is double standards and dependent on personal preference. For example, a deep story and the many details put into a video game are still ultimately just to give a game a theme and setting, like chess does. Some people play video games only for the story, while most people play chess for the interesting gameplay, but these are merely what people look for when participating in these games rather than the actual content of the games. So, I won't be against you on your mission to try adding chess games to the VS Battles Wiki.

When attempting this mission, do keep in mind that chess is in the public domain. The default idea of chess doesn't really have a canon, like what most people think of when they think of Santa Claus, another character in the public domain. Most people don't think of the specific original story from hundreds of years ago, they think of the general idea of a jolly man at the North Pole who makes gifts for well-behaved people and delivers them during the night of Christmas Eve on a flying sled. I recommend doing research about how chess was like when it was first created, so you can provide accurate information when making profiles for the original chess. Good luck!

When attempting this mission, do keep in mind that chess is in the public domain. The default idea of chess doesn't really have a canon, like what most people think of when they think of Santa Claus, another character in the public domain. Most people don't think of the specific original story from hundreds of years ago, they think of the general idea of a jolly man at the North Pole who makes gifts for well-behaved people and delivers them during the night of Christmas Eve on a flying sled. I recommend doing research about how chess was like when it was first created, so you can provide accurate information when making profiles for the original chess. Good luck!
Thanks, to go around the "public domain" thing I will use the oficial standards of tournament chess

Back