• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is Happening?

Would you believe me if I said that I spent hours (I should be sleeping) doing calculations because people asked, so that in the end they never participate in the wiki again?
That's why I was asked back, matey, back in 2018. Far cry from what I do now, but back in the day I was the most active calc-slave on the site. Never again. It is a thankless existence.

@DatWeeb People use the staff as a scapegoat when their threads fail and revisions are rejected because it is very difficult to accept when one is simply in the minority. The fact is, outside of a few staff examples that are the outlier rather than the rule, most staff members don't just enter a thread, declare disagreement, and leave, and its obtuse to think so.

"You mean the person who's been asked to become staff several times? Not a good choice my friend. Blue names, regardless of expertise, can and have been veto'd. Also defender of staff is staff, lol."

I do. Because, again, that's how it works. Staff are just blue names who were proven useful. We aren't grown in some lab in an exotic foreign country. I don't know why you've opted to become a VSBW QAnon believer but like... good luck, I guess.

bro??? lmfaoo
sK768Tf.png

I know what I said.

Coolest cat in town
blame Tork for that, his server. Ditto for Grand Sufferer. were it my choice the purple color would have been it.

so I'm told.

Well I just went to see what the fuss was again on that Report Thread and WOW...really a time to be around to see that going on. Smh...

Oh well, at least I got a laugh seeing these latest comments here. Thanks~

Staff only... seems like a echo-chamber. I cannot in good conscious respect ANY crt's that are staff only.
I can't respect any fandom that relies on sheer force of numbers of overwhelm and drown out staff members.

Well, vsbw seems to take USA approach with how the election went (electoral votes triumph all). Don't turn my word to political shit, it's just for comparison.

Anyway, not active in debate or crt anymore (not really invested to begin with). I just stay for the drama. Sometimes seeing people angry over dumb reason really make me smile.

Edit: Also, if I have to say something about what make people leave, I want to say it's because the standards inconsistency. Like seriously, standard shouldn't change so often, it shouldn't change at all unless some big thing happen. Imagine your law or amendment getting changed every year. The country or organization will collapse.

When scientist have move on from defining 1 as a number and the fraction and search for better equation, vsbattle keep redefining 1 as a number. Like bruh, the AP, speed, or some stuff that is already solid keep getting redefined. From A to B to C and eventually to A again and to B again. Make up your mind. I'm sure it make people who reference vsbattle as a good indexing site become salty. I'm not very surprised when people outside this forum said vsbattle is not reliable source when stuff like this happens. At one time X character is 2A, then it become 7A, then it become 2A again. People who reference vsbattle outside this forum must have been embarrassed (N-not talking from experience or anything).

Last edited:
it is my belief that you cannot make a worse decision than to enter into debate threads. the number of staff simply cannot realistically patrol every thread, so like... you're guaranteed to find a real shitshow. if you must stick to your snide peanut gallery viewings, so be it, personally I try to remain in my hermit cave of D&D page creation and generally boo anybody attempting to associate with the verse in a versus-related capacity.

Well most of my interactions with "blue names" are honestly just fine, the only bad experience I've had were mostly with other average users.
it is my belief that you cannot make a worse decision than to enter into debate threads.
I'm inclined to think that the less you care about VS debate threads, the less bias and inaccuracy your contributions to the profiles would end up being.

I can't speak for others, but my reason on why people might leave it's because of how much of a time waster this wikia can be. I simply do not have the time to spend arguing for several pages that wastes several hours of my day, especially if the person is probably not going to be convinced no matter what I say, it's simply not fun. This is why I only focus on one verse I am knowelegeble than any other that I would like to work on, but I do not have the patience and time to make it worth it

Of course I won't leave because I still like to help out friends and explain questions, but this is why I just avoid any longer arguments far more than a year ago

Last edited:
Mmm. RVR is not looking good, I do not see this wiki getting better any time soon. We’re going to lose a lot more mods and members this week.

I hate to say this as well but Discord is another reason.

To take myself as an example, I stayed here in order to keep in contact with friends I made here, thanks to discord though, theres not much reason for me to stay on the site

This is not to say I will leave, there's still shit I have to do.

Plus, me and KingofNegativity predicted that something was going to happen after the forum move

I hate to say this as well but Discord is another reason.
Oh yeah why make discussions here when it's a lot more convenient and easy on discord, which you can talk more casually, especially since the goal is just to stay in touch with friends. At some point it'll just be unproductive dividing your focus on two medias when you can spend your time on one.
Plus, me and KingofNegativity predicted that something was going to happen after the forum move
Too bad though because the forum itself (physically) looks nice and functions better as a forum than the old wiki IMO

Also, it may just be me, but while I do like things less and less after the forum move, I'm not sure if issues have become worse over time.

One thing I think everyone here can agree on is how spineless the wiki is at times, especially with staff or former staff.

Also, it may just be me, but while I do like things less and less after the forum move, I'm not sure if issues have become worse over time.

One thing I think everyone here can agree on is how spineless the wiki is at times, especially with staff or former staff.
If things haven’t gotten worse, they’re getting more noticeable.

I feel like a lot of users, particularly the staff and old users, are well aware of the problems of the wiki. But are also well aware that the necessary changes are colossal, arduous, and will take a significant amount of time and effort to realize. And not all have the energy or enthusiasm (or as far as I can see, not even enough unity) to be able to take action as of now.

For what its worth, with all the problems the staff have, I personally would never wish upon myself to be a staff. I have enough responsibilities IRL as it is, and being a staff is a huge responsibility where you have to enforce and live up to the standards of the wiki. It takes passion to maintain such duty.

Now if I'm getting paid, that's another story. But as far as I know nobody is getting paid. Right?

weird as hell derailment incoming but, I always wondered what if the staff of vs battle wiki became YouTubers like fully-fledged YouTubers.

Back