• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

what if...

Vs battle wiki was made in the late 90s? The tiering system and the rules are still the same, it's just that the time period has changed.

Would things be any different? For example, would the Shin Megami Tensei 2-B CRT (when Maniax releases) be extremely controversial? What about JoJo part 4, Blazblue, etc.

The VS Battles wiki was created in 2010.

Yes, but 20 years earlier would be 1990.

I ****** up my math. My bad. Anyway, can you answer the what if?
There was no public system for organising information into wikis in 1990. It was first in the early 2000s that these started to appear.

I think that the Internet first become a big public feature around 1994 or so.

Anyway, even if there was wiki technology in 1990s, I am not sure what would have been different beyond that we would have had to start to build systems entirely from scratch, given that the Outskirts Battledome was not around, and that we would have had much fewer video games and other verses to list.

Back