• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What do you think of these SMT Boss rankings against each other?

Hello, and welcome to my first discussion board!

These are my rankngs for many of the boss characters(not all of them!) of the main series. I chose only to use the main series characters to prevent overcomplication, and expect me to revisit this page soon to spruce it up, and possibly add not only protagonists, but characters from the other MegaTen games. Feel free to give your own thoughts, and your own rankings!

YHVH (One of the strongest beings in all of MegaTen, he is likely One of the strongest 2-A/High 2-A on the wiki.)

>> Sata(Keep on rethinking about his position, for now, i'll put both versions as tied.)

> Mem Aleph (When faith was lost in YHVH in SJ, she was able to take him on, and seal two major avatars of YHVH. I personally feel that she is really underrated in strength, and when your game franchise name translates to "True Goddess Revival", you know the Mother Goddess in SJ is powerful.)

> Full Power Demiurge/Metatron fusion(said to be getting closer to YHVH's power after what happened in Strange Journey. People debate over his strength pretty frequently, but I feel that he is above Lucifer.)

> Lucifer (Everybody knows this guy means business, so there's not much of an explanation needed,and in SMTII, he helped beat YHVH! It should be noted that he has a form we haven't seen yet.)

> The Merkabah (I don't know about this one, but due to them being equal in SMT IV, I'll put her a little below Lucifer since i'm including the SMTII version.)

> Demiurge (HE SWATTED METATRON AWAY LIKE HE WAS NOTHING!, METATRON!)

> Metatro (The little beeyotch who got pimpslapped by "Homeboy Demiurge"! Nah, i'm just messing around, Metatron is really darn tough, and easily above people like Kagutsuchi and the Archangels. Sandalphon should be a little below him.)

> Baal (While not a exactly a "Villain: like Lucifer, out of hundreds of demons in SMT, he is pretty notable. He is basically Lucifer's right hand man, and his weaker fusion components Bael, and Beelzebub (far stronger than Bael) are already threatening.) (Asura is a little below Beelzebub btw.)

> The Archangels(Michael , Gabriel , Uriel, and Raphael. Out of all of them, Michael is the strongest.)

> Kagutsuchi (Ah, poor Kagutsuchi, if Hitoshura didn't go on to face Lucifer, he would have been one of, if not the weakest protagonists in this series. Kagutsuchi is so weak compared to the rest of SMT's cast, but so strong compared to a lot of fiction. How does it feel to be outclassed by every other avatar of YHVH.)

So, how did you like the list, feel free to comment, any kind are greatly appreciated. Also, I think that this page needs a better name, so if anybody could help me out with that, it would be sweet.

I dont really think you can call them "Villain", these bosses can either be your allies or your enemies depend on the choices you make in your journey. Heh, only YHVH is the villain ( the biggest asshole in the franchises and you have to kill him no matter which route you take ,lol)

Also, these are my opinion :

- YHVH : strongest Megaten in this wiki Nope, DeSu2 cast (11 High 2-As) and Great Will say NOPE to that

-Satan

Took attacks from YHVH in SMTII

Lucifer did the same

stronger than Lucifer

No, absolutely no. It's true that Lucifer fear Satan, but at the same time, Satan fear Lucifer as well. They kinda equal to each other in power

and in the SMT IV continuity, Merkabah and Lucifer are just the halves of him!

I dont think we can considering Satans from SMT 2 and SMT4 are the same character. Because while Satan in SMT 4 is the Fusion of Merkabah and Lucifer, The Satan in SMT 2 is the fusion between Zayin and Seth

-Lucifer and Merkabah

I would say that Post-Fusion Lucifer>>> Lucifer and Merkahbah =Post-fusion Lucifer

Do you think the word demon, or boss would work better? For now, I'll change it to boss. Also, some of these characters were villains in there specific games, like Demiurge was in the ill-fated SMT Nine, where he was under the name Yaldabaoth.

Also, I have to thank you for your input, it is greatly apprecieated, and I think you made some really good points about Satan in this series. For now, I'll put them as two separate entities on the list, all though I do disagree with one point. SMTII Satan was said to be like YHVH, more than just a threat to the human world, even being stated by lucifer himself. Being the right hand man to who I would say is one of the strongest characters in SMT(I think that the "god mode" of Nanashi, and the great will are the only stronger characters btw.), gives you something over a large group of characters.

Back