• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What did I do to deserve this: Garfield vs Springtrap

This is no joke, Garfield can tank falling from terminal velocity, what's a measly rotting animatronic gonna be able to do to him? Plus toon force is OP.

Also in 'Garfield in ghost of a chance' where the Arbuckle household is targeted by 'Diablo', Garfield decides to outscare him, therefore it's rather obvious that Garfield wouldn't be scared of Springtrap and his illusions, as he literally scared the devil away.

While Garfield vastly outhaxes Springtrap, his issue is that he is lazy and his fighting style is complete crap. Garfield in-character tends to focus on humiliating his opponents during 'battles', and never truely takes anything seriously. As both are baseline with no calculations, Springtrap can just grab him and tear him to pieces.

Springtrap mid-diff

Terminal velocity for a cat, even one of Garfield's size, would be rather low. We don't know where he landed, it might have been something soft that cushioned his fall. Springtrap also gets his AP from ripping other animatronics apart, who are made of iron and steel (i.e. quite tough).

And even then, although I hate pulling this card, without a calculation, Garfield is baseline.

Does he open with either in-character? Hell, it's nighttime. Garfield might just fall asleep mid-battle. And, with how Springtrap attacks, Garfield might not even see him coming

Willing? Yes. But Garfield falling asleep at random times and not taking anything seriously is a definitive weakness for him that SBA cannot remove

As seen before in 'Garfield in ghost of a chance' Garfield is shown to deal with apparitions, which are very similar to the illusions that Springtrap uses. He also gives up his sleep in order to do this, and does it at night. Garfield has evidently shown his ability to take things seriously when his sleep is in jeopardy, therefore he'd probably want to defeat Springtrap ASAP in order to sleep uninterrupted.

While Garfield did adapt against the ghosts to deal with them, he originally had the bejebbers scared out of him. The first ghost that he encountered was enough to frighten him out of "3 of his nine lives. Maybe 4". And Springtrap's apparitions are much scarier than those things.

And he doesn't really have the capibilities to defeat Springtrap quickly. Springtrap is a violent brawler who is much bigger, and sneakier than Garfield. Hell, because it is night-time, Garfield might not even be able to keep track of Springtrap

Garfield has casually torn walls apart, and he was able to pull a tree from the ground, I think the strength that being a cartoon character allows him to have would be enough from what he's done previously.

I sound like a broken record but, until you put a calculation togther to prove otherwise, Garfield is baseline. As is Springtrap. Their strength is equal.

Garfield has been shown to cut through a floor, concrete foundations and all, with just a hand saw. To add to this, he did it faster than the eye can see. The speed needed for this is at least 17500m/s, and if the mass of an average hand saw is 0.85kg then the force that he can exert with the saw is 14875 Newtons at a minimum. This is the force needed to only cut into it, never mind cutting a circle out of it. But wait, there's more. Basic house foundations are made from reinforced concrete, which is reinforced with, you guessed it, steel. Which would take even more force. So if we lowball Garfield, he can exert the strength of 5 humans at max strength, at least.

That was... surprisingly wrong. I could cut through a steel floor with a handsaw. Because it is a handsaw. It is made for cutting through things, steel being one of them. While that would be impressive as a speed feat, Garfield is already FTL, so it is irrelevent.

Nah dude, you couldn't. Hand saws are made from steel, and the density's of a steel cable in concrete foundations is higher than the hand saw's, meaning that the force needed is most definitely impossible for a human to exert. Also it's not an electric saw, he does it all manually. In addition hand saws are unable to even cut through concrete in order to reach the steel. A power saw or buzz saw could cut through it, but a hand saw would probably snap. Also how would you pierce the steel in order to get a saw into it? Because a normal hand saw cannot do that by itself.

Oh, you mean a hacksaw? Apologies, us hillbilly Kiwis aren't the smartest chaps on the block. By handsaw, I thought you meant this. That's what my country calls it.

Anyway, even so. Assuming that all of that is correct, 14,875 joules is actually inferior to Springtrap, who is 15,000 at baseline

Yes. However, it is not enough for Garfield to be able to finish Springtrap off immediately, as Springtrap is just as durable as Garfield is strong. And Springtrap's fighting style is much more suited to this sort of battle

Back