• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What? DC is 1-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revisions haven't happened yet everyone's making conclusions like it's already done.
isn't there a new cosmology blog ? which is 1C to high 1C, with the overvoid being potentially 1A

i have seen it but i lost the link

isn't there a new cosmology blog ? which is 1C to high 1C, with the overvoid being potentially 1A

i have seen it but i lost the link
That's Elizio's blog and I think his part of people doing the revisions but the revisions haven't happened yet.

Besides, the cosmology split isn't only for GM and SS but DM and MC will also have theirs.

Because it’s talking about extra dimensions of spacetime with the upper limit of spacetime consistently ending at Wonder World which surrounds the Orrery of Worlds.
Godsphere, Monitor sphere and Source wall have extra-dimensional statements tho.

Godsphere, Monitor sphere and Source wall have extra-dimensional statements tho.
The Source Wall exist at every level within DC. So it having statements referencing extra dimensions of spacetime doesn’t actually mean anything.

The Godsphere has almost no statements of being an extra dimension of spacetime. Matter of fact in almost every real it is consistently stated to exist outside of space and time. And the Monitor Sphere has one statement of time existing in their world but their time exist as a literal clockwork pattern in the sky in a fundamental archetypal world of primal forms. Making it some abstract form of time that exist on a higher level, completely different from how we would perceive and understand it.

Last edited:
All this means is that DC incorporated some stuff from M theory when creating their own cosmology. However I see that doesn’t mean we start applying everything about M theory. We apply the aspects of those theories that have evidence of being incorporated into the verse. So unless DC actually goes out of their way to mention in an actual comic that the Godsphere was an extra dimension of spacetime due to being a higher vibratory world, we have no reason to assume it is.

Especially when said same writer would go along to start referencing platonism when describing the Godsphere.

Last edited:
All this means is that DC incorporated some stuff from M theory when creating their own cosmology. However I see that doesn’t mean we start applying everything about M theory. We apply the aspects of those theories that have evidence of being incorporated into the verse. So unless DC actually goes out of their way to mention in an actual comic that the Godsphere was an extra dimension of spacetime due to being a higher vibratory world, we have no reason to assume it is.

Especially when said same writer would go along to start referencing platonism when describing the Godsphere.
Even if you don't think that DC following M-theory means they have every single element of the theory in it. The specific element I'm talking about is blatantly on the verse. I gave you an example already, the fact that universes are in different vibrational planes because they're seperate space-times.

Platonism being brought doesn't contradict the godsphere being higher-dimensional. Plato says everything that exists in this universe is a lower form of what exists in the world of forms that would include time and space meaning a higher form of time and space is present in the world of forms, (the aspatial and atemporal statements are in reference to the universe in that theory, just in case you try to bring it up)

Even if you don't think that DC following M-theory means they have every single element of the theory in it. The specific element I'm talking about is blatantly on the verse. I gave you an example already, the fact that universes are in different vibrational planes because they're seperate space-times.

Platonism being brought doesn't contradict the godsphere being higher-dimensional. Plato says everything that exists in this universe is a lower form of what exists in the world of forms that would include time and space meaning a higher form of time and space is present in the world of forms, (the aspatial and atemporal statements are in reference to the universe in that theory, just in case you try to bring it up)
If it was blatantly in the verse they wouldn’t be calling the Godsphere a “higher world” to begin with. Higher dimensions in M-theory don’t act as higher planes of existences transcending the each other. They act as extremely small and compact curls that are unobservable to us due to how small they are. Meaning Grant Morrison clearly did not follow this part of M-theory. He seems to have to taken a part of it for inspiration and then started doing his own thing.

If it was blatantly in the verse they wouldn’t be calling the Godsphere a “higher world” to begin with. Higher dimensions in M-theory don’t act as higher planes of existences transcending the each other. They act as extremely small and compact curls that are unobservable to us due to how small they are. Meaning Grant Morrison clearly did not follow this part of M-theory. He seems to have to taken a part of it for inspiration and then started doing his own thing.
Compact dimensions isn't the only form of dimensions presented in M-theory

I thought long and hard about adding to this dumpster fire...but dammit, I had a question:

Wouldn't said revision, even if it's pretty absolute for the DC multiverse, not affect the tiering of the DC whatever-big-word-verse? I mean, you've got the Retcon company that is superior to the Overvoid to the point that the Overvoid is seen as a person? And how that isn't higher than DC's hierarchy to the point that the characters of the multiverse couldn't manifest there?

I think that it's a lot safer to assume that DC includes M-theory and not that it's limited by M-theory. There's a great quote about video games that I think applies to all of fiction: "games [fiction] should be realistic, not bound by the restrictions of reality." Seems safer.

Huh...well, unless it's accounted for in the CRT, I think downgrading DC should wait until something is finished that could possibly affect tiering, potentially significantly. But as I don't trust myself to do anything like that, I'll just stick to observing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back