• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What about if Sensui wasn't lying? (Shinobu Sensui updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just like to make calculations which either interest me, or give me an opportunity to learn something new. But this one has always interested me, so I thought I'd look at it.

We all know about this one. Sensui claims that he's purposely surpressing his power because otherwise the planet probably couldn't "withstand" it.

Kurama mentions Sensui is limiting his power

Yu1

Sensui's power begins to affect the world around him and claims that "in the Human World, I can't even use 1/5 of my full strength. It'd cause too much stress on the planet"

Yu2

This doesn't necessarily mean he can bust the planet, but it does imply that at the very least he'd cause some sort of damage on a worldwide scale.

Yusuke eggs him on infuriating Sensui in the process

Yu3

Sensui refuses to power up, because of course... he loves plants and animals

Yu4

Koenma mentions earlier in the CB arc that a single A-Class is worse than ALL of the B-Classes, if he wasn't exaggerating then it can likely be deduced that a single S-Class is worse than ALL of the A-Classes also which wouldn't at all make it surprising that Sensui could potentially damage the entire planet

Yu5

Anyway, he may not have been lying. So this is a hypothetical calculatio assuming he wasn't. Interestingly, we've never actually seen an S-Class power up in the Human World before, so although this isn't confirmed, it also hasn't been contradicted.

This calculation will basically assume that hypothetically, a completely powered up Sensui can cause noticeable earthquakes around the globe (considering he made earthquakes in a cave). I need to find a magnitude which will create some actual damage to the planet.

For complete explanation of the method go here

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/mag_vs_int.php

So we'll go with a magnitude 5-5.9. 5 on the lower end.

Circumference of Earth = 40075 km

To find t in the equation you must convert km to miles and then divide it by 5.7.

24901.451 miles/5.7 = time difference (delta[t]) of 4368s.

log(base10)500+3log(base10)[8*4368]-2.92 = Magnitude 13.4 or 1.9 petatons with a 500mm amplitude

If I make it a surface quake (like it actually is) and start from 0 on the nomograph you get 2000mm.

log(base10)500+3log(base10)[8*4368]-2.92 = Magnitude 14 or 15 petatons with a 2000mm amplitude

I could have done the same with the WB calc also. I may change my mind since technically both earthquakes were created on the surface.

Range: 1.9 Ôëñ x Ôëñ 15 petatons

If you want to go one step further he said this would be a 1/5th so I guess it can be multiplied by 5.

Other quotes:

"Everyone has something they can break if they reach a certain point. Toys, Pets, Families, Countries. Yours is just bigger than everyone else's".

and

pivoting around the fact the Earth has Ki that can be detected and measured instead to back up both Sensui and Genkai's claims

http://i3.***********.net/yu-yu-hakusho/174/yu-yu-hakusho-437663.jpg

credits: forums.hero-academia.com/xfa-blog-entry/what-about-if-sensui-wasnt-lying.33609/

OK, I think I can buy the EQ argument then.

However, here on VSBW, we use a different method for earthquakes than NF, for various reasons (I won't get into them all because it is a LONG debate, but they exist). The method we use is to first plug the radius (in this case, half the circumference of the earth) into this calculator and plug in various asteroid parameters until we achieve the mercalli intensity we are looking for (5 in this case).

Then, after we get that, we look at the energy required to make the new mercalli intensity. You can get that from this calculator.

The whole reason for this is to find the energy released at the epicenter (the determined mercalli intensity) based off what you know about the energy at the end of the quake (the known mercalli intensity).

I don't know about the calc, because I'm not a calced, but I could buy his statement. I mean, what's the difference between his and say, Cell's?

Speaking of which, is our earthquake calculation method mentioned in any of the calculations pages? It does seem relevant for the future.

The real cal howard said:
I don't know about the calc, because I'm not a calced, but I could buy his statement. I mean, what's the difference between his and say, Cell's?
Actually, Im not a calced too, I see that calc in one site and put here with the credits, but looks really reasonable.

Antvasima said:
Speaking of which, is our earthquake calculation method mentioned in any of the calculations pages? It does seem relevant for the future.
DT made a program for that and has told me in the past that he wishes to handle it himself. I am unsure if he added it to each page however. It is somewhat of a controversial topic.

Well, I would appreciate if somebody could write a page for it, as it is a common, and quite important, subject.

O verdadeiro cal Howard escreveu:
Eu n├úo sei sobre o calc, porque eu n├úo sou um Calced, mas eu poderia comprar a sua declara├º├úo. Quer dizer, qual é a diferen├ºa entre o seu e dizer, celular de?
You right, for exemple, Toriko characters didn't destroied a planet yet, but his stats are this make a time. I remener that the 3 Kings makes a earthquake in all Makai (who was harder than human world) just with their energy too. Well 3 character making that in all MAkai is at least Moon level to small planet

Antvasima said:
Here is our new Earthquake Calculations page, if that helps.
I dont know Nothing about that calcs, but, If Sensui is a Country level and the Kings like Mukuro and Yomi was more tham 15x times more powerfull than him, They didnt need a upgrade? Cause all this character was listed in Country level

I feel like earthquakes are beginning to become the new nuke calculator when it comes to misuse :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back