• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

“We’re gonna need a bigger kitchen.” (Luffy, Naruto, Goku, Charmy, and Toriko eating competition)

So, anything for Goku that would push him past Luffy? Anything for Charmy to push her past either? And anything for Naruto do whilst he waits for everyone else to finish?

Tomorrow I will put the part where Charmy was considered a danger for the whole ecosystem of the heart kingdom, but right now I am busy, sorry

Tomorrow I will put the part where Charmy was considered a danger for the whole ecosystem of the heart kingdom, but right now I am busy, sorry
no problem. I won’t be closing the thread anytime soon, so new evidence and feats are welcome anytime. Heck, someone could drop in a month from now and turn this whole thing on its head and I wouldn’t mind.

Yeah Naruto by himself loses this hard but if he can use the clones wouldn't he tie with Goku or even Luffy? 2001 people eating super fast isn't exactly nothing.

Yeah Naruto by himself loses this hard but if he can use the clones wouldn't he tie with Goku or even Luffy? 2001 people eating super fast isn't exactly nothing.
It’s definitely impressive, and if there was a rule against expending energy whilst eating, then yeah, he’d definitely be up there. But the main thing that holds him back is that he doesn’t have an inhuman digestive system like Goku or Luffy. Goku can eat a weeks worth of food and not feel a thing, and Luffy can drop pounds upon pounds of weight in a near instant with enough physical activity. Since (for the sake of this competition) food is infinite and almost any means of burning energy are valid (as long as it makes sense), Luffy and Goku can go on for a reaaaally long time, where as even with lots of clones, Naruto can still only eat a realistic amount before getting full, whereas the others can eat much more than a few thousand normal people could, especially with their means of burning the calories they eat… Then there’s Toriko. He’d eat Luffy’s, Goku’s, Naruto’s, and Charmy’s life-time amount of food consumed all together for a light lunch by the end of his series.

His main body would stop eating quite soon that's true, but he can make the clones disappear and then appear again empty, can't he?

His main body would stop eating quite soon that's true, but he can make the clones disappear and then appear again empty, can't he?
That is true, in which case we’d need to factor in a few things, most of which I’m unsure of the answer for, so perhaps you or someone else knowledgeable on the topic could assist. So, first off: how long can his chakra reserves last for him to continuously make clones? Does food replenish his chakra reserves? When a clone eats something, and then the clone disappears, what happens to the food? Is it transferred to Naruto, or does it just poof into nothingness? (That would be important to verify its validity as a strategy) Should we count Kurama’s chakra in this as fuel for his shadow clones? And finally, does his chakra that he uses to create clones return to him once the clone disappears?

"Very high (He has vast reserves of chakra. Fought for several days straight in the Fourth Shinobi World War, despite sharing his chakra between several thousands of shinobi and taking many attacks)" from his war arc profile, if we low ball several for 3 then it's 3 days of constant fight so 3 days making/remaking 1 or 2 thousands of clones should be possible.

I am sure i can't answer most of the other questions ( ;-; ) tho, well iirc food doesn't replenish chakra directly like Charmy's food for example and the food probably disappears with the clones, idk about the rest.

"Very high (He has vast reserves of chakra. Fought for several days straight in the Fourth Shinobi World War, despite sharing his chakra between several thousands of shinobi and taking many attacks)" from his war arc profile, if we low ball several for 3 then it's 3 days of constant fight so 3 days making/remaking 1 or 2 thousands of clones should be possible.

I am sure i can't answer most of the other questions ( ;-; ) tho, well iirc food doesn't replenish chakra directly like Charmy's food for example and the food probably disappears with the clones, idk about the rest.
Alright, then I’ll attempt to strike a balance. This will require some calculations, and I’ll adjust to compensate for said calculations, but for now: Let’s cap Naruto at around 100,000 clones, as I found that result earlier in one of my searches:
That’s awesome! Definitely the type of analysis I was hoping for, thanks!
Also, when looking up how many shadow clones naruto can make, I found two answers primarily: 1.33E9, and 98,000. I imagine that that would push him up past goku in terms of eating amount and speed, but who knows what would happen once he turned those off and immediately remembered all of their experiences.
With that, I’ll also say no making extra clones or deleting and replacing them. That puts Naruto at about 100,000X the eating capacity of a normal (significantly hungry) person. I imagine the calculation I mentioned earlier would be something like “the amount of calories of food an average adult male needs to eat to become full X 98,000 to 100,000.” Then calculations would be run for each of Luffy and Goku’s greatest eating feats to see how they compare to Naruto’s approximate amount of calories consumed with that many clones.
Also as a small aside, Naruto would finish eating the fastest of the contestants, as all the clones would eat at once. That said, given enough time and with infinite food, the total amount of food each person would have ended up eating would vary. For example, Naruto would probably win a speed eating contest, but with infinite food, Luffy would be able to continuously burn off calories and keep eating until he surpasses what Naruto had eaten ages ago. This is also why I included the “who eats the fastest?” At the start. Naruto would probably beat both Luffy and Goku in the regard

Alright, then I’ll attempt to strike a balance. This will require some calculations, and I’ll adjust to compensate for said calculations, but for now: Let’s cap Naruto at around 100,000 clones, as I found that result earlier in one of my searches:

With that, I’ll also say no making extra clones or deleting and replacing them. That puts Naruto at about 100,000X the eating capacity of a normal (significantly hungry) person. I imagine the calculation I mentioned earlier would be something like “the amount of calories of food an average adult male needs to eat to become full X 98,000 to 100,000.” Then calculations would be run for each of Luffy and Goku’s greatest eating feats to see how they compare to Naruto’s approximate amount of calories consumed with that many clones.
Also as a small aside, Naruto would finish eating the fastest of the contestants, as all the clones would eat at once. That said, given enough time and with infinite food, the total amount of food each person would have ended up eating would vary. For example, Naruto would probably win a speed eating contest, but with infinite food, Luffy would be able to continuously burn off calories and keep eating until he surpasses what Naruto had eaten ages ago. This is also why I included the “who eats the fastest?” At the start. Naruto would probably beat both Luffy and Goku in the regard
Also, considering Luffy’s ability to go on for insane time as well as his multitude of feats (these ones:
Nice.

Luffy has eaten a week worth of his ship's food and forced them to starve until they got to an island comprised of food.
Luffy was rapid fire snatching food from people right after a ridiculously painful surgery, both cooked and raw, eating it for 30 minutes straight, stated to have sucked it in like a whirlpool (so basically, no breaths).
Luffy has eaten soldiers comprised out of biscuits that were larger than him for over 11 hours straight while fighting and quickly digested it.
Luffy can eat while sleeping.
Luffy was obese (alongside Kid) and instantly cut down his weight to his normal size.

I'm still gunning for Luffy being in 2nd.
Then I imagine that the only ones Naruto could logically out-eat are Goku and (maybe but probably not) Charmy, depending on if anyone brings some extra feats or calculations on Goku’s side to defend his chance for 2nd place

Charmy appettive forces Potrof (A spirit guardian, they serves as protectors of the Heart Kingdom) to fight her for the risk of her overating the whole forest, also, she spent 6 months eating and sleeping, nothing else in between

Charmy appettive forces Potrof (A spirit guardian, they serves as protectors of the Heart Kingdom) to fight her for the risk of her overating the whole forest, also, she spent 6 months eating and sleeping, nothing else in between
Daaaaaaang, now THAT is notable. So, from what I can tell, this would probably place her above Goku, though I’m uncertain about placing her above Luffy (I also still need to do the Naruto clone calculations, so he’s in limbo for the moment). My reasoning is that one of Luffy’s biggest feats was eating for 11 hours straight, with no breaks in between:
Nice.

Luffy has eaten a week worth of his ship's food and forced them to starve until they got to an island comprised of food.
Luffy was rapid fire snatching food from people right after a ridiculously painful surgery, both cooked and raw, eating it for 30 minutes straight, stated to have sucked it in like a whirlpool (so basically, no breaths).
Luffy has eaten soldiers comprised out of biscuits that were larger than him for over 11 hours straight while fighting and quickly digested it.
Luffy can eat while sleeping.
Luffy was obese (alongside Kid) and instantly cut down his weight to his normal size.

I'm still gunning for Luffy being in 2nd.

One of Goku’s is that he ate forty days worth of food in less than a week:
If it helps with the whole "making themselves hungry" thing, Goku has a high metabolism, he ate like 4 senzu beans during his 6 day trip to Namek, if a Senzu Bean can fill an average person's stomach for at least 10 days, he means that he ate the equivalent of at least 40 days worth of food in less than a week.
Now, considering that Charmy ate for six months straight, only stopping to sleep, I think that solidly puts her above Goku’s forty days of food in a week feat, which are (luckily) quite comparable. Both ate a large amount of food over a set time, though breaks were needed. This is also backed up by the fact that if Goku eats too many senzu beans, his body would be over nourished, and he’d be “painfully overstuffed” and therefore needs to take breaks in between meals, just like with Charmy’s ecosystem threat feat. It is also mentioned in that article that sayins DO have a faster metabolism and therefore get hungry faster, which again we can compare to Charmy’s paint-eating feat, where she expends energy as fast as she eats it, though her feat was to a much more extreme degree.

Now, with that reasoning to be above Goku in mind, I think she’d sit behind Luffy as a result of him being able to eat more in one sitting than her. Yes, she became a threat to an eco system, but she still couldn’t go on forever, needing to rest in between meals. Meanwhile Luffy went on for 11 hours straight, which would probably give him the edge in an eating competition. Sound fair?

Charmy can eat forever, naruto doesnt, neither does goku and luffy, luffy was tired after eating a lot of cookie armors from cracker, dunno about toriko

Charmy can eat forever, naruto doesnt, neither does goku and luffy, luffy was tired after eating a lot of cookie armors from cracker, dunno about toriko
Considering that she’s been shown to sleep and get fat (even if it took her a while) then I think “forever” may be a bit of an overstatement. I’ve no doubt that she could keep going and going with little repercussions for the rest of her life (all humans DO eat until they die after all) but considering that Luffy went for 11 Hours straight whilst also fighting a tough opponent, in the settings of this competition, it’d come to which one of them passes out and is unable to continue eating first… Aaaaand Luffy has been shown to eat whilst asleep. Don’t know enough about BC to know if Charmy has done the same. Naruto will almost undoubtly fall behind those two, but I’m running calculations and researching to see if he could beat Goku. Also, for Toriko, he’s on the same level of consumption as people who eat stars, so it’s really just a battle for second place for everyone else.

Regarding the Naruto situation, this is what I found: Athletes typically eat 3,000-4,000 calories per day, and considering that Naruto is significantly more active than your average person (expect for in Boruto, maybe) I’ll start by putting him at 3,500 calories.
Now, times that by 98,000 and you get 343,000,000 calories between him and all his clones. (If you’re wondering why I chose 98,000 clones, it’s because debates widely vary when it comes to how many clones he can make, and this number seemed sensible from all the ones I found. If anyone has a concrete answer to how many he can make, I’d like to know.) Now, when researching how much calories Goku eats per sitting, I found this. Given the average three meals a day, (and lowballing the mentioned “few million” calories to three million) we get 9,000,000 calories in a day. So bam, that’s one day’s worth of food for him considering his fighting and exercise habits. NOW, if one senzu bean can feed a person for ten days, and it does work on him, then that would mean that the bean most likely scales from person to person, even if Toriyama wasn’t thinking about individual caloric intake per consumer of said beans when he was making it. So, multiplying nine million by ten, you get ninety million. That’s one bean. Now, with this in mind:
If it helps with the whole "making themselves hungry" thing, Goku has a high metabolism, he ate like 4 senzu beans during his 6 day trip to Namek, if a Senzu Bean can fill an average person's stomach for at least 10 days, he means that he ate the equivalent of at least 40 days worth of food in less than a week.
He ate 360,000,000 calories in less than a week, but since that’s not in one sitting, it doesn’t mean much for the competition.
BUT, his situation changes (a bit) when variables are adjusted. I used three million calories per meal before, but if I use four million, then it becomes twelve million calories per day, and 120,000,000 calories in one bean. Up it again to five million, and we get 150,000,000 per bean. Unless we go up to thirteen million per meal, or thirty nine million per day, which gives us 390,000,000 per bean, he won’t be surpassing Naruto. And I don’t think thirteen million counts as “a few million” but maybe it does.

So, in conclusion, with the calculations I used, Goku would fall behind Naruto when clones are used, but since I’m not a mathematician or dietary expert, I’m uncertain if any of these calculations are correct nor reasonable. If anyone wants to make adjustments to it, feel free. Until then, the ratings stand as such (for ammount eaten until incapable of eating more, via full-ness, exhaustion, or sleeping [for those who can’t eat whilst asleep] or anything else that would stop them from eating more:
1st: Toriko
2nd: Luffy
3rd: Charmy
4th: Naruto
5th: Goku

Does anyone have anything to add that could change the current standings? Likewise, can anyone agree on said standings and what’s been stated?

Discussions are winding down, so before everyone moves on, I just want to get a general consensus

Regarding the Naruto situation, this is what I found: Athletes typically eat 3,000-4,000 calories per day, and considering that Naruto is significantly more active than your average person (expect for in Boruto, maybe) I’ll start by putting him at 3,500 calories.
Now, times that by 98,000 and you get 343,000,000 calories between him and all his clones. (If you’re wondering why I chose 98,000 clones, it’s because debates widely vary when it comes to how many clones he can make, and this number seemed sensible from all the ones I found. If anyone has a concrete answer to how many he can make, I’d like to know.) Now, when researching how much calories Goku eats per sitting, I found this. Given the average three meals a day, (and lowballing the mentioned “few million” calories to three million) we get 9,000,000 calories in a day. So bam, that’s one day’s worth of food for him considering his fighting and exercise habits. NOW, if one senzu bean can feed a person for ten days, and it does work on him, then that would mean that the bean most likely scales from person to person, even if Toriyama wasn’t thinking about individual caloric intake per consumer of said beans when he was making it. So, multiplying nine million by ten, you get ninety million. That’s one bean. Now, with this in mind:

He ate 360,000,000 calories in less than a week, but since that’s not in one sitting, it doesn’t mean much for the competition.
BUT, his situation changes (a bit) when variables are adjusted. I used three million calories per meal before, but if I use four million, then it becomes twelve million calories per day, and 120,000,000 calories in one bean. Up it again to five million, and we get 150,000,000 per bean. Unless we go up to thirteen million per meal, or thirty nine million per day, which gives us 390,000,000 per bean, he won’t be surpassing Naruto. And I don’t think thirteen million counts as “a few million” but maybe it does.

So, in conclusion, with the calculations I used, Goku would fall behind Naruto when clones are used, but since I’m not a mathematician or dietary expert, I’m uncertain if any of these calculations are correct nor reasonable. If anyone wants to make adjustments to it, feel free. Until then, the ratings stand as such (for ammount eaten until incapable of eating more, via full-ness, exhaustion, or sleeping [for those who can’t eat whilst asleep] or anything else that would stop them from eating more:
1st: Toriko
2nd: Luffy
3rd: Charmy
4th: Naruto
5th: Goku
I could put charmy above luffy, but i will need to remember more of her eating feats

I could put charmy above luffy, but i will need to remember more of her eating feats
If you can bring anything for her that would surpass Luffy’s 11 hour straight eating streak, then that’d be a contender for second place

Back