• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

“We’re gonna need a bigger kitchen.” (Luffy, Naruto, Goku, Charmy, and Toriko eating competition)

Be it a gag, a motivation, or a legitimate power up, food plays a key part in the experience of each of these character’s series in one way or another. Now, to put their history with food to the test, all five of them partake in the biggest eating competition of all time. Who eats the most? The least? Who eats the fastest? Any key is fair game, as long as they’re at their maximum eating potential.
For reference, here are their profiles: Luffy, Naruto, Goku, Charmy, Toriko.
Now, let’s eat!

Last edited:
Be it a gag, a motivation, or a legitimate power up, food plays a key part in the experience of each of these character’s series in one way or another. Now, to put their history with food to the test, all four of them partake in the biggest eating competition of all time. Who eats the most? The least? Who eats the fastest? Any key is fair game, as long as they’re at their maximum eating potential.
For reference, here are their profiles: Luffy, Naruto, Goku, Toriko.
Now, let’s eat!
I think this is pretty clear cut.
Naruto loves ramen, but his limits are the most human-like, AFAIK.
I've read a claim that: Goku as a kid ate a month's rations in two meals, and ate a restaurant's food in one meal.

Luffy, here, after using his sheer willpower to have his body fight off poison, eats several days worth of Kama Land's food, which was meant to enough for a ton of prisoners.

Luffy can also stretch, but IIRC, he has been shown to get full.

Eating, however? It's Toriko's whole thing. Even early series, he needed millions of kilocalories per day -Thousands of times what regular people needed- for his daily calorie intake.
Heck, just from his profile's summary:

"He is one of the "Four Heavenly Kings", nicknamed "The Glutton" for his abnormally large appetite (as a food serving for 500 people could only get him 1/10 full)"

Later on in the series, Toriko's body becomes adapted to use ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE higher kilocalories on a regular basis.

This is Mountain Pudding, so named for it's literally mountainous size:
That's Toriko in the bottom right. He ate that as PART of an eating contest, meaning he not only devoured all that pudding, but he ate even more food beyond that.

The only chance everyone else has is if they can replenish their appetite fast enough. Naruto, maybe with cloning & the Chakra that expends, Goku with ki, Luffy with.... How could Luffy expend energy rapidly?

But at that point, if it comes down to 2 or more constantly replenishing their appetite so they can eat more food, then we have to figure out some things:

1. Can the cycle of making themself hungry again & then eating & making themself hungry again end?
Well, I'm not sure if Luffy or Toriko have means to make themselves hungry again, but Goku & Naruto can with ki & chakra techniques.
Without such replenishing, though, Toriko eats the most.

2. If there are multiple people who can eat "infinitely", then who has the fastest eating rate? Who eats the most food in the least time? &/or who has the highest upper limit? & what about among the infinite eaters?

Without making themself hungry again, Toriko has the highest upper limit, & he has the fastest mass consumed over time eating speed easily, I'm sure.
& for Goku vs Naruto, Goku can probably expend way more energy at once, & how much it takes to get him full is way more than Naruto, I'm sure. Naruto can rival with clones, but he MIGHT have an upper limit on how many clones there can be at once? No matter how much you refill a limit (Your chakra.) you can only stretch it so thin into so many clones.

So yeah. In general, Toriko wins hands down, but if they're allowed to make themselves hungry again, then, it comes down to if Naruto & his clones can out-eat Goku.

& if there's NOT an infinite amount of food, then Toriko probably eats it all first before anyone else can. & since it's an eating contest, pretty sure even if it was disgusting food, he'd eat it anyway, due to his philosophy of consuming any food put on a plate before him, even if it kills him.

Sorry about the super wordy analysis! Hopefully this helps, or is at least interesting!

Last edited:
That’s awesome! Definitely the type of analysis I was hoping for, thanks!
Also, when looking up how many shadow clones naruto can make, I found two answers primarily: 1.33E9, and 98,000. I imagine that that would push him up past goku in terms of eating amount and speed, but who knows what would happen once he turned those off and immediately remembered all of their experiences.

That’s awesome! Definitely the type of analysis I was hoping for, thanks!
Glad you appreciate it.
Also, when looking up how many shadow clones naruto can make, I found two answers primarily: 1.33E9, and 98,000. I imagine that that would push him up past goku in terms of eating amount and speed, but who knows what would happen once he turned those off and immediately remembered all of their experiences.
Maybe. Then again, Goku probably has a human-like amount of kilocalories or whatever inside him at a time. The amount of energy he can consume to use ki probably isn't equal to his max energy OUTPUT; He might be able to fire universe-level beams, but making himself hungry enough to eat a whole universe? Probably not.

As for Naruto's clones & remembering their experiences, he still has to deplete chakra, & thus, get hungrier, to make new clones, right?
In theory, Naruto might EVENTUALLY win, since the original can just keep depleting all of his chakra to make new clones, getting more food, to make more clones, gradually creating an endless supply of clones.
Through that, Naruto might be able to eat an infinite amount AND, as a group, get the fastest eating rate.

....So long as they aren't allowed to hinder each other; I can imagine Luffy at least, would readily get angry enough to start destroying clones when Naruto starts trying to monopolize the food supply.

True, in character, a fight would most likely break out one way or another. Though considering Luffy likes to eat a bunch, I imagine he’d keep his main focus on the food and swat away some clones when he’s got a free hand, or in other words, wouldn’t be too much of a hinderance to Naruto’s overall clone count. Now, on the topic of Naruto and his clone’s limits, I think there’d be a point in which he gets too full to eat any more to replenish chakra, and thusly not be able to put out near infinite clones. Part of that is because, as you mentioned, he’s much more realistic in terms of his eating capabilities and habits, and therefore most likely has a realistic digestive system. Then compare that to Toriko who burns calories on an attack-by-attack basis and has been shown capable of eating as much as his max calorie count allows him to, and Luffy who ate so much he looked like a balloon, and then all of that weight went away after a short fight with Zoro. That said, if there’s a food in Toriko that allows for lots of energy gain with minimal actual grams of food consumed, I think that would allow Naruto to use that strategy for quite a long time.

True, in character, a fight would most likely break out one way or another. Though considering Luffy likes to eat a bunch, I imagine he’d keep his main focus on the food and swat away some clones when he’s got a free hand, or in other words, wouldn’t be too much of a hinderance to Naruto’s overall clone count. Now, on the topic of Naruto and his clone’s limits, I think there’d be a point in which he gets too full to eat any more to replenish chakra, and thusly not be able to put out near infinite clones. Part of that is because, as you mentioned, he’s much more realistic in terms of his eating capabilities and habits, and therefore most likely has a realistic digestive system. Then compare that to Toriko who burns calories on an attack-by-attack basis and has been shown capable of eating as much as his max calorie count allows him to, and Luffy who ate so much he looked like a balloon, and then all of that weight went away after a short fight with Zoro. That said, if there’s a food in Toriko that allows for lots of energy gain with minimal actual grams of food consumed, I think that would allow Naruto to use that strategy for quite a long time.
True, Naruto probably can spend plenty of chakra, but he probably can't easily get around the matter of his digestive system's PHYSICAL capacity.

So, how does the ranking end up? Toriko as the victor, of course, but where do the others stand?

So, how does the ranking end up? Toriko as the victor, of course, but where do the others stand?
If Naruto & Goku all have finite eating capacities, odds are, Toriko probably does handily out eat them.

Of course, I'm not the end-all be all of knowledge on these series, so it could be worthwhile to see what others think, too

Naruto loses this. Of the four hes the only one who was actually in an eating contest…and he got blown out by his wife.
Alrighty, then that holds up with what I was thinking. From what I can think of, I’ll put the ranking as:
1st: Toriko
2nd: Luffy (with exercise)
3rd: Goku (with Ki expulsion)
4th: Naruto (with clones & a realistic digestive system)
Any adjustments needed? I think it comes down to Goku and Luffy being interchangeable as the main point of contention, but what do you two think?

Alrighty, then that holds up with what I was thinking. From what I can think of, I’ll put the ranking as:
2nd: Luffy (with exercise)
3rd: Goku (with Ki expulsion)
4th: Naruto (with clones & a realistic digestive system)
Any adjustments needed? I think it comes down to Goku and Luffy being interchangeable as the main point of contention, but what do you two think?
Exercise probably isn't the fastest way for Luffy to make himself hungry again, & if Luffy can do it, why can't the others?
& if Naruto gets a realistic digestive system, why doesn't Goku? Toriko's whole thing is superhuman eating & Luffy is rubber, but Goku's just a very human-like alien. (With a huge appetite.)
I'm unsure if Luffy could out-eat Naruto, since it's him eating days worth of food for prisoners (When he was at his hungriest.) vs Naruto making thousands of clones. While Goku just eats all the food in a restaurant, so I'm unsure if he's above Naruto either.

Individually, Naruto is last place, easily. Sorry for me being a bit back & forth on this matter.

Exercise probably isn't the fastest way for Luffy to make himself hungry again, & if Luffy can do it, why can't the others?
& if Naruto gets a realistic digestive system, why doesn't Goku? Toriko's whole thing is superhuman eating & Luffy is rubber, but Goku's just a very human-like alien. (With a huge appetite.)
I'm unsure if Luffy could out-eat Naruto, since it's him eating days worth of food for prisoners (When he was at his hungriest.) vs Naruto making thousands of clones. While Goku just eats all the food in a restaurant, so I'm unsure if he's above Naruto either.

Individually, Naruto is last place, easily. Sorry for me being a bit back & forth on this matter.
Don’t worry about being back and forth, that’s the point of figuring this all out. And it’s been really fun so far! Anyways, I’ll explain a bit. The main reason I mentioned exercise for Luffy is because he’s been shown multiple times shedding tons of pounds in a fight, and if he expends similar amounts of effort and energy whilst eating I imagine it would have a similar effect, thought it would probably also slow him down a bit (for example, say he used a tree as a pull-up bar and took a bite of food each time he rose up. I’m sure he himself wouldn’t think to do something like that, so it’s more possible than plausible) I didn’t mention exercise for the others however, as I imagine Naruto’s clones and Goku’s Ki usage would provide a more reliable method of burning energy than anything Luffy has. Luffy does have Gear 2nd through 4th, which expend quite a bit of energy by themselves, but again, are all forms, and thus would burn more energy whilst partaking in physical activity (unlike creating a clone or firing off a Ki blast). Now, for Goku having a more realistic digestive system, I do think that has some merit. He hasn’t been shown burning sheer weight and calories the way that Toriko and Luffy do, so in comparison to Naruto, it would come down to if his upper limit is higher than what Naruto’s would be with clones eating as well. Anyone know of a time when Goku has been shown being clearly full?

If Luffy wants to play dirty, he was completely bloated and full after fighting Cracker, but using gear fourth spent so many calories that he was hungry again

If Luffy wants to play dirty, he was completely bloated and full after fighting Cracker, but using gear fourth spent so many calories that he was hungry again
I completely forgot about that! That’s definitely a good point for him to be in second, as long as there hasn’t been any similar situations I’m forgetting about for Naruto and Goku

if Naruto gets a realistic digestive system, why doesn't Goku?
Saiyans have evolved over time in order to develop battle-efficient bodies. They have an ultra-fast metabolism, so they can just blaze through the absurd amounts of meat—animal, alien, raw, or cooked—and any other food they eat and spring back in action while maintaining their youth and their pristine physical condition for years to come. Along with that, even the superhuman Earthlings that make up the Dragon Team are capable of causally eating Senzu Beans without any adverse effects, with Senzus making up an entire week's worth of meals. Saiyans just blow any normal human out of the park in terms of what they can consume and even more in what they can metabolize and how fast they do so. It's one of the perks of being the "universe's warrior race".

Did we forget Luffy ate while he fell asleep?

0431-011.png

He's solidly in 2nd place

I completely forgot about that! That’s definitely a good point for him to be in second, as long as there hasn’t been any similar situations I’m forgetting about for Naruto and Goku
Change Naruto to Charmy, she is the new glutton of the Shonen Jump

Or add her so Naruto has an even lowest spot in the ranking (¿)

Alriiiight, now we’re getting places. So, considering how much stuff is in a senzu bean + how many Goku has eaten in a short period of time would be a notable feat for Goku to contend with Luffy, and Luffy’s gear’s burning insane calories as well as his inhuman desire to eat are what put him in position to face what Goku is bringing to the table. Sound about right?

Alriiiight, now we’re getting places. So, considering how much stuff is in a senzu bean + how many Goku has eaten in a short period of time would be a notable feat for Goku to contend with Luffy, and Luffy’s gear’s burning insane calories as well as his inhuman desire to eat are what put him in position to face what Goku is bringing to the table. Sound about right?
What's Goku's best eating feat?

Change Naruto to Charmy, she is the new glutton of the Shonen Jump

Or add her so Naruto has an even lowest spot in the ranking (¿)
Alright, fair. I haven’t read a lot of black clover, but if anyone knows enough about it, then I’ll add her

What's Goku's best eating feat?
Good question. I haven’t read enough of dragon ball to have likely seen his best feat, so if anyone else knows, a scan would be appreciated. From what I know, he’s eaten out restaurants as just a kid, and eats senzu beans without even feeling any adverse effects that such a large amount of calories would cause to a normal person

If it helps with the whole "making themselves hungry" thing, Goku has a high metabolism, he ate like 4 senzu beans during his 6 day trip to Namek, if a Senzu Bean can fill an average person's stomach for at least 10 days, he means that he ate the equivalent of at least 40 days worth of food in less than a week.
That’s definitely a hardcore feat. Now for Luffy, some key moments I can think of are eating a lot at Alabasta and Wiskey Peak, and what I’d like to know about those scenes is how much people’s food he had eaten. By that I mean were there any moments when someone else said something along the lines of “that much food should have fed 20 lumberjacks for a week!” Or some such? Because meals for multiple people are differently sized than meals for a single one, and it may give context for some of his bigger feats

Charmy best feat is eating all the magic Rill painted, she was eating faster that he was drawing

At relativistic speeds at minimun, for almost the whole shadow palace arc
I have a quick question about this feat. I did read that far, though I don’t know if it was ever stated that the paint food has actual calories/weight to it, or if it just dissipates into mana when it enters he stomach. If so, that’d help to know, and if it wasn’t mentioned, we can just assume that it’s viable for the fun of it.

I have a quick question about this feat. I did read that far, though I don’t know if it was ever stated that the paint food has actual calories/weight to it, or if it just dissipates into mana when it enters he stomach. If so, that’d help to know, and if it wasn’t mentioned, we can just assume that it’s viable for the fun of it.
In a later Arc she use the same magic to eat literally, the hair of a girl like it was pasta

What Rills paints comes to life, if is alive, it should have calories? At least it should have weight

In a later Arc she use the same magic to eat literally, the hair of a girl like it was pasta

What Rills paints comes to life, if is alive, it should have calories? At least it should have weight
Alright, that sounds viable then. So, considering that she could eat faster than he could paint, at what speed is his painting?

Alright, that sounds viable then. So, considering that she could eat faster than he could paint, at what speed is his painting?
Charmy in this arc has relativistic speed, but Rills has FTL speed, at minimun she must be eaten the paintings at relativistic, at maximun, at FTL

She could be relativistic because she is eating like 50 creations at the same time while Rills is painting 1, your choice, I should do a CTR about this because Rills could not dodge her attacks

Charmy in this arc has relativistic speed, but Rills has FTL speed, at minimun she must be eaten the paintings at relativistic, at maximun, at FTL

She could be relativistic because she is eating like 50 creations at the same time while Rills is painting 1, your choice, I should do a CTR about this because Rills could not dodge her attacks
Fair idea there. I’ll sit it at relativistic then. For these next questions, the answers should (hopefully) provide context: How long was the fight, how big was the average painting that she was eating (or if the paintings filled the room, how big was the room), and was she full after the fight was over?

toriko clear any other answer is bias. Idk who charmy is goku and luffy is basically a pick em im interested to see the argument for each side. As for naruto if he makes his max amont of clones and they help him eat I suppose that helps lmao

If that senzu bean thing Is true im leaning towards goku 2nd

Good question. I haven’t read enough of dragon ball to have likely seen his best feat, so if anyone else knows, a scan would be appreciated. From what I know, he’s eaten out restaurants as just a kid, and eats senzu beans without even feeling any adverse effects that such a large amount of calories would cause to a normal person
Nice.

Luffy has eaten a week worth of his ship's food and forced them to starve until they got to an island comprised of food.
Luffy was rapid fire snatching food from people right after a ridiculously painful surgery, both cooked and raw, eating it for 30 minutes straight, stated to have sucked it in like a whirlpool (so basically, no breaths).
Luffy has eaten soldiers comprised out of biscuits that were larger than him for over 11 hours straight while fighting and quickly digested it.
Luffy can eat while sleeping.
Luffy was obese (alongside Kid) and instantly cut down his weight to his normal size.

I'm still gunning for Luffy being in 2nd.

Fair idea there. I’ll sit it at relativistic then. For these next questions, the answers should (hopefully) provide context: How long was the fight, how big was the average painting that she was eating (or if the paintings filled the room, how big was the room), and was she full after the fight was over?
Duration: She defeated Rill and started her escape from Zagred life sucking magic, the fight started at the 20% of the arc and ended at the 80% of the arc, but we don´t have a timeframe

How big is the average painting? https://ibb.co/JKXbG2s

She was not full, she was not bloated or anything

Duration: She defeated Rill and started her escape from Zagred life sucking magic, the fight started at the 20% of the arc and ended at the 80% of the arc, but we don´t have a timeframe

How big is the average painting? https://ibb.co/JKXbG2s

She was not full, she was not bloated or anything
Alright, this is going to be lots of estimating, but considering that multiple other fights took place in the arc (some at the same time as others, some clearly after), I think (and this is mainly a guess) it’s reasonable to put it between 10 to 30 minutes. Considering that she was being fed a near consistent stream of food for that time, she’s easily above Naruto (who would have guessed) but comparing her to Luffy and Goku is a bit difficult, but I think she’d go below them because of how the paintings function. They are physical, though they are also filled with magic, which she absorbs and expend. Meanwhile, normal food wouldn’t be converted to magic (I don’t think it is in BC?), but if it is, then she could blast magic attacks and eat for as long as she can stay awake. If normal food doesn’t refill magic however, then she would be able to blast magic to burn some energy, but eventually the stamina boost from the food would fall behind how much magic she expends.
That’s all said with what I think I might know about BC, so I probably got quite a few things wrong there. Do correct me though, so then she can be properly placed along side the rest of them

Nice.

Luffy has eaten a week worth of his ship's food and forced them to starve until they got to an island comprised of food.
Luffy was rapid fire snatching food from people right after a ridiculously painful surgery, both cooked and raw, eating it for 30 minutes straight, stated to have sucked it in like a whirlpool (so basically, no breaths).
Luffy has eaten soldiers comprised out of biscuits that were larger than him for over 11 hours straight while fighting and quickly digested it.
Luffy can eat while sleeping.
Luffy was obese (alongside Kid) and instantly cut down his weight to his normal size.

I'm still gunning for Luffy being in 2nd.
Now THOSE are some good reasons.
Quick guess then of the placements:
2nd: Luffy
3rd: Goku
4th: Charmy
5th: Naruto

Back