• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Well then, Shoto vs Ruby

Ruby wins via speed amp, higher AP/Dura, and better range.

Her Semblance will let her dodge any of Todoroki's attacks, and even let her get in close, or back away. Todoroki can't freeze Ruby either since she has superior lifting strength.

Her AP/Dura is higher as well, Todoroki scales to 1.2 tons, while Ruby has an casual 1.4 ton feat.

She can either keep her distance and snipe him from afar, or use her semblance to get close, and cut him up. Either way, Ruby takes this with mid difficulty.

Uhhh, it isn't in Ruby's character to keep her distance all the time. She prefers melee combat. Todoroki should be able to freeze Ruby since she lacks resistance to ice manipulation.

The rest are okay though.

Yea, but speed is equalized and I'm fairly sure her speed amp is what gives her higher speeds.

I will give it to Todoroki. Despite having a massive speed loss he has fought much stronger characters than Ruby. Bakugo has attacks that reach way more than half of a ton of TnT, and has tanked his Howitzer Impact with next to no injury despite being knocked out. He also took attacks from Izuku who, with 100% has shown feats that are close to All-Might. While Ruby does have the range advantage Todoroki has a much wider area of effect and his ice can take Multiple Delaware smashes and even stood up to a 100% Smash. This shows that he can use his ice as a very sturdy barrier to block Ruby's bullets. Even though he is only in his 8-C state, Todoroki still has access to his fire, and this gives him access to his final attack he used against Izuku in the tournament, or the one that destroyed the arena, and caused a shockwave that amazed even the pros in the tournament. With all of this said, I will give it to Todoroki due to his durability, maximum damage output, and area of denial.

Ruby has a range of several hundred meters

Shouto has a range of tens of meters

Ruby beats him in range

Shoto fra because ruby doesn't sit back and snipe in character she prefers cqc

She...does snipe in character though, frequently at that. And most of what Shouto can do gets hard noped by her semblance

WeeklyBattles said:
She...does snipe in character though, frequently at that. And most of what Shouto can do gets hard noped by her semblance
She uses melee far more than abusing range in character

And she doesn't resist ice manip so shoto freezes when she gets close

Paul Frank said:
She uses melee far more than abusing range in character

And she doesn't resist ice manip so shoto freezes when she gets close
She does both equally in character my dude

He tries to freeze her and she dodges with her semblance

Shouto was also canonically knocked out by a 1 ton attack while Ruby is casually 1.42 tons

WeeklyBattles said:
She does both equally in character my dude

He tries to freeze her and she dodges with her semblance

Shouto was also canonically knocked out by a 1 ton attack while Ruby is casually 1.42 tons
A big majority of her fights have her in cqc As in more than range abuse

I think you're underestimating the range of the freeze

That's if she hits him before he pulls a freeze off

The majority of her fights have her both range abuse and cqc, i can give you scans if you'd like

I think youre underestimating the speed amp she gets

Which she would

I just did some more research and all y'all talking about Todoroki losing due to Ruby having a damage advantage are way off. In the MHA movie, near the end, All Might and Izuku punch a massive steel cube, and the final attack potency for All Might, who at this point appears to be about equal to 100% Izuku, and the attack potency for this feat comes out to 33.60 KILOTONS OF TNT. In the Sports tournament Shoto tanks the shockwaves from Izuku's 100% Smashes several times. This would mean he would have a massive durability advantage and Ruby's physical attacks would not do much. Just putting this info out there, and the page is right here. However, this feat does have inconsistencies to Deku due to the nature of his power, but I believe that this could be due to the recoil it causes due to the self damage it causes, and some of this should be overlooked due to the Full Gauntlet he is wearing in this feat. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/My_Hero_Academia:_Double_Detroit_Smash

Shouto's AP and Dura are lower than Ruby.

Also Izuku 100% doesn't equal All Might 100%.

Izuku's feats aren't even close to All Might's

Ruby is faster than Shouto, and an attack weaker than Ruby's AP knocked him out.

Higher AP/Dura combined with a speed advantage, and being better at CQC.

I don't see Todoroki winning this.

Thinking about it, Todoroki's competance combined with Ruby's recklessness makes it hard to just place it in Ruby's favor. I doubt she would stay at the backlines to snipe, at least not initially. Todoroki isn't likely just going to stand there and wait to get attacked, He will more likely take initiative and attempt to immobilize with ice, before noticing her speed and thus strategizing around that. Not only that, her Building+ durability is only with Aura which has cumilative durability, which can be worn down to Building level, which is under Todoroki's Half-Hot attack potency, not to mention his Half-Cold. And while Todoroki did get knocked out by Bakugo's Howitzer Impact, He did also tank a respiroburst kick from Iida, while still being able to render him completely immobilized in ice, as if taking the hit was the plan all along.

TL;DR, I vote for Todoroki for several factors.

Ruby's durability without aura is Building level+, with her aura it goes up to Large Building level

WeeklyBattles said:
Ruby's durability without aura is Building level+, with her aura it goes up to Large Building level
Apologies, Must have read it wrong. The rest of my points still stand, however.

It is also important to note that Half-Cold is City Block Level comparitively, so while my previous statement about Ruby's durability being under his Half-Hot is wrong, Half-Cold still trumps her durability. That is, unless we are using him with only Half-Hot?

Back