• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weiss Schnee vs. J'zargo

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if she mainly moves using glyphs, moving entirely through gravity glyphs is imprecise at best and unworkable at worst, not even taking into account the fact that shes constantly being attacked and has basically no chance to get back on her feet becuase J'zargo almost definitely knows about the paralysis time limit and will just fire another every once in a while

I'd still like to see actual scans because of all the stuff from Elder Scrolls ive ever seen, stuff like lightning attacks are projectiles

i don't think depicting warping reality to create lightning is anywhere near as easy as just showing it as a lightning bolt

Paralysis isn't lightning though.

Though I'd also like to see someone cast it. Ik some spells don't travel, but it's still good to know.

Weekly, her aura isn't shooting up to 8-B in dura to where we'd start calling off matches, we're updating aura to function as something like Halo's shields which have a set dura that can be chipped away with multiple lower tier attacks. An ice spike to the head would actually lower her aura by a reasonable amount.

@HI3 Weiss moves almost entirely using glyphs in ALL of her fights my dude, its how she's able to remain so insanely mobile on a team that can otherwise fly, punch so hard they send themselves flying, and have an infinite double jump. All while being constantly attacked.

What youre describing as being a hinderance to her is canonically what she deals with in every single fight shes ever been in

what i'm saying is that suddenly being totally unable to move or do anything other than create glyphs, which i don't think she'd immediately do, on top of being constantly attacked by attacks that chew through her aura very quickly would be more than she's dealt with in the vast majority of situations

@HI3 No, that's what she's dealt with in almost all of her situations as a good number of her attacks require her to stand still to use them. If she realizes she cant move she'd absolutely put up a glyph to defend herself from attacks or use a gravity glyph to get herself away from the opponent

She'd still just get shot to death eventually though. It's only gonna delay the inevitable. Weiss'd need to get lucky with TES dude missing a refresh window and killing him before he can recast paralysis.

the thing is is that you're acting like every fight she's been in has involved her literally only being able to move via gravity glyphs, which i;m fairly certain has almost never happened, if at all, and trying to pull yourself around with gravity while being attacked by a guy who's more than happy to cheese his abilities is a recipe for disaster on her part

WeeklyBattles said:
Why would it lower her aura a considerable amount?
Considering the AP is similar, it would be like Weiss shooting herself with one of her own attacks. Attacks from 8-Bs would outright shatter her aura, attacks from High 8-Cs would do decent damage to it.

Also J'zargo can also cast wards that would block her ranged dust attacks so both how ways of prolonging the fight.

Can she go fast enough with glyphs to pick up enough KE to hurt jzargo even while paralyzed?

If she's paralyzed J'zargo would just have to step out of the way as she would have no way to redirect her attack in response.

Wokistan said:
Can she go fast enough with glyphs to pick up enough KE to hurt jzargo even while paralyzed?
this made me chuckle, so good on you for that

but i don't think so, the arena they're in doesn't allow for much of this unless she goes straight up

Hl3 or bust said:
the thing is is that you're acting like every fight she's been in has involved her literally only being able to move via gravity glyphs, which i;m fairly certain has almost never happened, if at all, and trying to pull yourself around with gravity while being attacked by a guy who's more than happy to cheese his abilities is a recipe for disaster on her part
It has happened in almost every single one of her fights yes, its how she moves around.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hl3 or bust said:
It has happened in almost every single one of her fights yes, its how she moves around.
ok

so

just so you know, you're saying that every fight that this key of Weiss has been in has involved her being completely paralyzed, to the point that she needed gravity glyphs to move

Dargoo Faust said:
Considering the AP is similar, it would be like Weiss shooting herself with one of her own attacks. Attacks from 8-Bs would outright shatter her aura, attacks from High 8-Cs would do decent damage to it.
Except it takes multiple attacks from an 8-B to shatter her aura at this point.

Hl3 or bust said:
ok

so

just so you know, you're saying that every fight that this key of Weiss has been in has involved her being completely paralyzed, to the point that she needed gravity glyphs to move
No, im saying she's used gravity glyphs to move around in basically all of her fights so she has no reason to not do so here, especially considering she is entirely capable of using a gravity glyph to lift herself out of the opponent's reach

WeeklyBattles said:
Hl3 or bust said:
ok

so

No, im saying she's used gravity glyphs to move around in basically all of her fights so she has no reason to not do so here, especially considering she is entirely capable of using a gravity glyph to lift herself out of the opponent's reach
so you're saying that she's supplemented her movement with gravity glyphs now?

regardless, i don't think she'd immediately use a form of attack that takes a moment to do anything (throwing J'zargo around with glyphs) instead of actually trying to move away from him, which just lets him attack her more

this is actually really close now that i think about it

WeeklyBattles said:
Except it takes multiple attacks from an 8-B to shatter her aura at this point.
The links you gave me were one or two hits at most before she was practically incapacitated, and that was near the rear end of Volume 5.

@Dargoo It took Tyrian 4 hits to take down Ruby's Aura and Vernal 5, one of which was a concentrated attack at point blank range

i've played Skyrim

Paralysis isn't a projectile attack, it's literally "i point at you and you're paralyzed now"

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo It took Tyrian 4 hits to take down Ruby's Aura and Vernal 5, one of which was a concentrated attack at point blank range
The latter is from the end of Volume 5, which is more of a transition to Volume 6, where they should outright be able to contend with professional huntsmen.

Tyrian, who was casual as all heck during that encounter, is a poor example.

Hl3 or bust said:
i've played Skyrim
Paralysis isn't a projectile attack, it's literally "i point at you and you're paralyzed now"
Actually, correcting myself, it does have a travel time.

https://youtu.be/TJ9kYM6A5Ys?t=8

The only paralysis spell that doesn't have a travel time is the Master spell, which is AoE.

I'm just sitting here having fun imagining Weiss flinging herself around with glyphs while completely immobile like a ping-pong ball.

Nah, I did this match particularly because Weiss wouldn't always get caught by paralysis and both have sheild and ranged elemental attacks. Enough spells from J'zargo would lower Weiss' aura, enough hits from Weiss would lower J'zargo's wards.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm just sitting here having fun imagining Weiss flinging herself around with glyphs while completely immobile like a ping-pong ball.
@Dargoo I mean that was basically all she did in her fight with Vernal

J'zargo fra. He is more likely to hit with paralysis.

I wonder if his scrolls would view her ressurecting grimm as undead.

Dargoo Faust said:
Hl3 or bust said:
i've played Skyrim
Actually, correcting myself, it does have a travel time.
https://youtu.be/TJ9kYM6A5Ys?t=8

The only paralysis spell that doesn't have a travel time is the Master spell, which is AoE.
It is actually depends. This is taken from Skyrim, and the guy appears to have a magical smoke around him.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:LG-cardart-Paralyze.png

The spell may not actually be projectile or it could.

@Ricsi Its already been explained how Weiss can deal with paralysis even if she ends up being affected by it

And I find your reasoning far from enough to stop zargo from simply sidestepping her and then shooting her to death.

Also, when has she made glyphs without any physical movementa? And I'd ask a link for that.

There is one more thing that I want to edit on J'zargo profile. He has mind manipulation in here . He can cast Fury to make people attack violently and lose concentration. He can do the same for Weiss preventing her from using glyphs and sending her into a physical attack frenzy. With lack of concentration, J'zargo can proceed with vaporization with fire/lightning or freezing with frost.

Just going to point out wards do block physical attacks. That's all I wanted to say, I'm not voting for either.
8E71ED85-072B-4D84-A901-6DF7DDAA169E

Legit impressed you only posted this and in less than 24 hours got so many replies to it. >_>

Anyhoo, With hax....this gonna be good.

J'zargo

- Healing

- Home turf advantage

- Forcefield Creation

- Paralysis Inducement

- Various flavours of magic attacks and can apparently bypass durability

Weiss

- Regen

- Dust

- Wayyyy better at cqc

- Forcefield Creation with aura and dust

- Glyph Creation and its abilites

So what I see is if Weiss gets close J'zargo is gonna get turned to sashimi, but he's smart enough to know it and will play ranged at all costs. Can I get more clarification on what J'zargo has that bypasses durability? Is it the Paralysis? Long time since I played Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back