• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Way Big downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed​

So, I have a small problem with this calc. It assumes the beam is crossing the entire distance between earth and pluto.
"True. Search the closest inhabited planet. FIX this... or I will show YOU mercy."
Now I understand why you'd think so, so I won't blame you for it. However I think it's wrong because:
1. Earth is the only inhabited planet in the solar system. Of course the closest place inhabited planet would be earth. They could be anywhere in the solar system.

2. Raff was able to teleport himself and the Incurseans to earth, so we can’t assume they flew there with their ships.

3. We get two shots of the planets from the perspective of the Incurseans. One from earth and one from pluto. Each look like they’re the same distance away from their fleet.

So, unless I'm missing something, the calc relies on the assumption that the Incurseans are right next to earth when nothing confirms this. There’s already a thread regarding assumptions for calcs and I think this fits the standard. It should either be recalced or not used at all.

AP​

Way Big’s current AP is high 5-A because of this feat. However, it’s from a video game and it was his evil counterpart. Now the events of the games prequel were referenced in the show, confirming it’s an alternate timeline. However we’re not allowed to scale anyone to their alternate timeline counterparts unless there’s some kind of scaling.
Another thing to note is that Ben was amped by the Potis Altiare and it’s stated over and over throughout the game that Ben will not win if he doesn’t have the Potis Altiare. So scaling base Way Big to an amped one is a no no.
With that, he’d be 5-A and his massively FTL rating will be yeeted.

Ben 10 exists

Zamasu_chan: "Yup, that's in need of a downgrade."

I agree I think a lot of calcs are over exaggerated due to faulty assumptions - this one being no different. However, I would like to see some counters to the argument presented.

However we’re not allowed to scale anyone to their alternate timeline counterparts unless there’s some kind of scaling
The timeline branch happened after AF Season 3 so this Way Big has the same AP as S2-3 AF Way Big since they are the same character prior to UA. This also means that Vilgax Attacks and Cosmic Destruction do not take place within the same timeline (at least not the DS versions) since Albedo referenced Vilgax’s ship blowing up at the end of AF, something he wouldn’t have been involved with if he were stuck as Alien X for a year. Do with the latter information what you want.

In the DS version the Potis Altiare only fully energized the Ultimatrix at the end of the fight, at which point Way Big pretty much oneshot Evil Way Big (but he did survive) with a cosmic Ray. So his physical strikes shouldn’t have been amped. Ben not winning without amp would mean that Albedo has slightly higher AP since they are equal in everything else. Way Big would scale to the DNA that Albedo acquired (not necessarily above but still scale) and incubated since he is the prime of his species and I don’t think Evil Way Big has any special properties that would make Way Big not comparable as the species’ prime.

Last edited:
Everything you said about the Conquest Ray is probably fine unless there is more context.

How did Sevenseven get on the ship?

If they look to be the same distance from earth and Pluto then I guess we should half the distance in the calc, still MFTL.

Hmm. Fair although they were gonna blow up earth from that position as well so there’s no real indication whether they’re closer to earth or Pluto. I’d leave this kind of stuff to a calc member though and I don’t think this calc is overexaggerated since it’s made by Executor who knows what he’s doing and he even said they could be outside the solar system so the calc itself might already be a massive lowball.

@Zamasu_Chan

You mentioned above that on the screen, Earth and Pluto appeared to be the same distance from the Fleet, so being half-way seems like an okay low-end.

On the high-end, we have the fleet being in their own empire's system as Eath's System was considered an enemy Star System, and we weren't given any indication that the ship traveled outside their Empire. If you were looking from outside the system with telescopic sensors, you would get a similar visual on the screen too.

Thank you for helping out Firestorm808.

@Zamasu_Chan

You mentioned above that on the screen, Earth and Pluto appeared to be the same distance from the Fleet, so being half-way seems like an okay low-end.

On the high-end, we have the fleet being in their own empire's system as Eath's System was considered an enemy Star System, and we weren't given any indication that the ship traveled outside their Empire. If you were looking from outside the system with telescopic sensors, you would get a similar visual on the screen too.
Fair.

So if Zamasu agrees with Firestorm, what needs to be done here?

Okay. Is somebody here able and willing to do so then?

Running behind on revisions. Essentially the Way Big MFTL scaling itself dies to people that scale to him in AP and there’s also the problem of the future aliens. But speed is only very late on the priority list. For me personally I wanna make my pages on CSAP first and then get them evaluated as a whole since at this point it’s easier and more efficient to start over with the scaling than to CRT every single thing.

But I believe the answer you were looking for was, it used to be considered an outlier due to AP not scaling and every thread to fix that got stopped by me a year back or has too much going on at once.

Okay. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back