• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Was The Authority actually killed by wind?

So, The Authority's bio states that he died from mere wind. However, out of curiosity, I had decided to look up The Authority elsewhere, and according to the Dark Materials wiki he actually died after being harassed by cliff-ghasts. I also noticed that The Authority's profile doesn't list any sources for the claim he could die from the wind. So I ask, did he actually die from the wind? And if so, would it be possible to provide a source for this?

No, he died by the wind

The Authority was the first angel, who told all the other angels after that he was god and their creator. However, billions of years later, he for some reason gives his powers to Metatron. Without his powers, the Authority ages normally (though he might still be immortal) and becomes senile and also super weak. He is kept in a crystal cage by Metatronto protect/imprison him. After Metatron dies, Lyra and Will open the cage and let the Authority out. Moments later, he dies from the wind tearing him apart, because he is just that old and that weak

>because he is just that old and that weak

This is the best quote of Monarch post

Back