• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer Chaos Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
This is a question, but the answer may add stuff to the profile so... Welp.

How come none of them have Abstract Existence?

Also, if anyone forgot about this, could the profiles be upgraded with a justification for that True Godly regen? Thanks.

how is this for justification.

Regenerationn(True-godly the emperor can`t kill them despite permanetly killing horus)

Setsuna tenma said:
how is this for justification.

Regenerationn(True-godly the emperor can`t kill them despite permanetly killing horus)
Not gonna lie, I dont like that. At most it'd count as resistance to Regen negation.

Setsuna tenma said:
what the emperor did to horus was explicitely described as EE
I didnt counter that.

I just said that za emprah not being able to erase them could be

A) Resistance to regen negation

B) regen beyond Za emprah's reach.

The low ball is A, something we should do unless there is more evidence, like a statement saying they could regen after the Warp going Kaboom. Or something.

Well, they would be Type 1 Abstract at least in Tier 1-A from the Tiering System as all Tier 1-A would be.

Basically, a being or an object which is outside and beyond all dimensions of time and space. This is something completely formless, abstract, metaphysical and transcendental.

I do believe they would still have Abstract Existence (Type 1) since they embody their concept at such a level

According to Wok, they are. But Warhammer profiles are outdated.

Welp, I guess AE type 1 is okay then. If you dont mind adding it.

Eleonore1488 said:
Hell even Tier 1-A Chaos Gods mention it as Abstract Self (40K)
All Tier 1-A are abstract by definition from the Tiering System

Basically, a being or an object which is outside and beyond all dimensions of time and space. This is something completely formless, abstract, metaphysical and transcendental.

Fiction does not always treat 1-A characters as abstract entities, just because Plato did. I do not think that a high tier in itself is a good reason to add it.

Somebody should also ask Azathoth to comment here.

Chaos gods legitimately are type 1 abstracts. Their 1-A forms are them at their most basic, conceptual level. 1-A Khorne is less an actual entity than it just is the concepts of war, fighting, aggression, etc.

Unsure about Emperor, though.

If you want Azathoth, he already wrote a blog to explain Chaos.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...planation_of_the_Immaterium#The_Gods_of_Chaos

Some choice quotes are:

"The powers of Chaos hold sway over so many not because they represent some esoteric concept with rare appeal; no, they are so insidious because they are precisely the opposite. With Khorne, it is the inherent nature of conflict and struggle. For Nurgle, it is the inevitability of death and decay, and to these certainties unto the end. For Tzeentch, it is the ever-changing nature of the universe and the need to feel some measure of control. These are all base instincts, primal parts of the lives of every living thing. Slaanesh is no different. His appeal is grounded in such seemingly innocent ideals—every being's pursuit of happiness and the desire to improve. Very little, if anything, holds more sway over the heart of any mortal, no matter the race, than desire in all its forms. It is universal. All beings want more than they have. They are never content. Where an Imperial Guardsman seeks glory, he finds Slaanesh. Where a Rogue Trader seeks wealth, he finds Slaanesh. Wherever there are desires, at the end of the quest to sate those desires lies Slaanesh, and utter damnation." - Black Crusade: Tome of Excess

"All across the universe, in every galaxy, on every planet, and in every passing moment of time, conflict has steered the course of events. It is conflict that has propelled one species into a position of dominance over another and consigned one man to oblivion while another has triumphed.

There are as many sources of conflict as there are beings in the universe. Jealousy, rage, sport, hunger, political advantage, territory, possessions, or even the simple, innate thirst for domination all breed and foster conflict. It is inescapable. There has never been a time or a place free from it. Even those races claiming to be enlightened and peaceful cannot escape the basic truth that without conflict, their progress would come to a halt, with challenging new ideas being left unconsidered.

The victims and beneficiaries of conflict are not limited to emerging only from simple personal struggles. In the grandest scales, systems of government, even entire cultures and civilisations, are destroyed by stronger ones, often as easily as a Chaos Space Marine reaches out with a power first and crushes the frail frame of a Grot. It is through conflict that the mighty rise and the weak fall. At its most basic level, conflict is the survival of one thing at the expense of another.

Khorne is conflict embodied to its most violent extreme, and thus Khorne is eternal and omnipresent. In all places and throughout every era, Khorne's influence has been felt by all. His attentions have had a hand in determining the outcome of seemingly every antagonistic confrontation, from a disagreement between two angry scribes, to the galaxy-crushing wars of the Horus Heresy. Reaching out from his Skull Throne, beyond the illusion of reality in which mortal beings live and die, he touches the greatest conflicts. He pushes them forward, encouraging their growth. Driving men to take from their rivals that which they have not the strength to retain, Khorne stokes the fires of their hostility. Where expanding civilisations lay competing claims to new-found resources, he fans the flames of discord. As a brother grows jealous of his sibling's position, he heats the blood to the boiling point. Conflict is embraced as possessions are claimed, resources are seized, and brothers are slain. Through it all, blood flows to Khorne and he laughs as his power grows."
- Black Crusade: Tome of Blood

He has more quotes on that blog, and I could probably find some others myself if need be, but I think these outline the CGs as an abstraction pretty well.

Okay. That seems fine then. I am just responding to Nedge that automatically giving all 1-A characters abstract existence is most likely a bad idea.

They are definitely Type 1 Abstracts in their truest state, yes.

I'm less sure about giving every 1-A Type 1 Abstract Existence. A lot should, but it really depends on the setting.

I also think that 1-A characters need to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Nedge we're gonna deal with a lot of profiles after the Hersey ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back