• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warcraft Revision part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few questions Master,

Where was it stated that Neltharion shaped the earth? I personally know the lore stating that it was the collective of the Titan-Forged including later creations such as Stone Giants, Sea Giants and the Earthern shaping the earth.

Can you give me a reasoning for Neptulon not simply having multi-continental range and not multi-continental AP instead?

Even a hundred billion solar systems are insignificant in the contrast of an entire universe. How do you reason for the 4-A tier to be representative of the term "vast streches of reality" and "raged across the cosmos"?

What do you think of the dynamic between elementals and their planets? How did murmur survive without a planet to feed off of and revive from?

Illidan is High 6-C, post obtaining Skull.

Arthas is High 6-C, able to match Illidan while semi powerful.

I think that Myriadofmemes makes sense. It would probably be best if we let him edit the Warcraft pages, so we can finally put this issue behind us.

Antvasima said:
I think that Myriadofmemes makes sense. It would probably be best if we let him edit the Warcraft pages, so we can finally put this issue behind us.
Okay.

In that case I will yield for now.

I can help out with any approved changes once I finish classes today.

But I lean more to Myriad then I dont. I do think though to add to his suggestion, I want to change Neptulon to having 'Likely Multi-Continental in range' For his reasons.

As for Yogg. I might do some more research on him, because 6-A does seem rather low. Especially since Deathwing reshaped the planet. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Shattering In fact, wanna add this is not even his full power, and more just a consequence of his awakening.

KinkiestSins said:
I can help out with any approved changes once I finish classes today.

But I lean more to Myriad then I dont. I do think though to add to his suggestion, I want to change Neptulon to having 'Likely Multi-Continental in range' For his reasons.

As for Yogg. I might do some more research on him, because 6-A does seem rather low. Especially since Deathwing reshaped the planet. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Shattering In fact, wanna add this is not even his full power, and more just a consequence of his awakening.
If you are talking about how he would have ended the world, in all fairness, from what we have seen whe the end of the world looks like, it may still be equivalent to the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Except the fact that there are evidences suggesting the Warcraft characters to be far above where Myriad places them? The Kil'jaeden raid during Burning Crusade proves this. The characters that we face are stronger than 5-Bs, and mind you, even if Kil'jaeden was MASSIVELY weakened, far more than implied, he'd still be higher than 6-A, or at least there.

And the forces of WoW have been ONESHOT after beating Kil'jaeden, by Arthas as the Lich King.

Kil'Jaeden has tons and tons of evidence for being 5-B, so don't even get started on "Only with prep". Read the second post of this thread for a full list of it, I will only copy and paste it here if needed.

We've already been over all of this Anderson. We've addressed your in-game mechanic and obvious hyperbole spell from the Archimonde fight, we've addressed the soul manipulation of the entire player raid at the Lich King fight and you're yet to post any sources that would somehow exempt the Demon Lords from having to use rituals for their biggest spells especially considering that Archimonde had to sit around and ponder over one of those exact diagram rituals to destroy a measily city or in other words: Only with prep.

Out of everyone, I agree the most with Myriad. Game mechanics =/= feats That said, If it is mostly unanimous, I think we can do revisions. Just to add though, MFTL+ in speed for both the old gods and titans since they can travel in deep space planet to planet fairly quickly, no?

Soul Manipulation that was never suggested in any shape or form, unlike when Arthas ACTUALLY used it, game mechanics are events that happen in lore, calling them out as "bullshit" is calling around half of the lore bullshit. There have been many, many, MANY statements about the strongest eredar being able to planetbust and the spell, even if counted as hyperbole is just another 5 cents, they do NOT need prep.

Your headcanon about 90% of the arguments you use are NOT factual.

Mind you, there is a WIDE difference between a GAME MECHANIC and LORE PRESENTED INGAME. Read THIS before you use these words in a sentence: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics

Turn for battles are game mechanic. Exploits for infinite items are a game mechanic. Lore presented in a game is not.

If you want to provide a defense for Arthas not Soul Manipulating the players with his Soul Manipulation blade, please be my guest.

If you want to provide a defense for Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden being capable of planet busting without using incantations or magic circles that require prep by using those many, many, many statements then please, be my guest. It should be noted that a brief mention of the destruction of a planet without the proper indication of the methods used to destroy said planet won't be counted. They should instead be treated in the same way that all verified planet busting spells and let's be honest, all truly powerful spells ever used in Warcraft lore have been conjured. With great effort and a lot of prep.

Until now you've showed us nothing but a literal game mechanic and tried to argue that its' description has lore significance, regardless of the fact that other game mechanics of similar nature have already been discussed in this very thread and they have most certainly displayed what having lore significance actually looks like.

I dont need to provide a defense. All attacks in WoW and others have specifications on how they work. In special those that manipulate a soul and are used by the Lich King. All of them have SOUL in their name or description. YOU are the one that needs to prove that it was Soul Manipulation, because there is no evidence of such and you are the only one implying it is true. There is no evidence of it being a soul manipulation attack, and with no specifications, it falls in the category of any other attack, unlike the attacks that are ACTUALLY soul manipulation.

Check nearly anywhere. Kil'jaeden was stated to destroy the worlds the Eredar fled to (mentioned in Lore, if you read the novels you should know), Archimonde's spell, "the strongest eredar are capable of blowing up planets" (also mentioned in Lore) and a random Eredar did a High 6-A feat wiping the surface of a planet, mind you, Archimonde and Sargeras are far above that random Eredar.

Once again using "game mechanic". Friend, if say, Kil'jaeden is defeated ingame but before that he manages to kill guaranteed 5 players in a scripted scene, that is something that indeed did happen in the confrontation the heroes had with Kil'jaeden. ITS SCRIPTED. "Game mechanic" is a feature that makes a game a game. A flaw in design, a unintentional bug, a error in scripting, etc. Many easter eggs fall on game mechanic. Exploits for having infinite potions fall in game mechanic, yadda yadda yadda. Something scripted that DOES happen is NOT game mechanic. Its a scripted scene where feats CAN and WILL appear in. Heck, say, Undertale. In Undertale, there is a game mechanic, the first turn is always the player's. This is a game mechanic and wont happen in an ACTUAL BATTLE. Hence Sans literally screwing up game mechanic to prove this.

Arthas oneshotting all heroes and the description of abilities are NOT GAME MECHANIC. They have been placed there WILLINGLY by the authors of the game to add to the scene, lore, etc. to make the game more enjoyable and intersting. It is to PROVE that we could NOT defeat the Lich King, that when he fought seriously, he truly wiped us out in ONE ATTACK.

Let me ask you a serious question: The developer of the game (WoW) knows that the lore of the game is important and does add to it in many ways, such as creating a new villain, creating new raids, etc. Now, when he does a scene where the Lich King defeats all heroes, what was his intention? When he purposefully added a quote that said "This attack was going to destroy the whole world", what was his intention? Mind you, Warcraft isn't a game where he can show this quite often, since most battles are fought by the players that are present, and so are lore important characters. He can't just blow the world and call it a day, killing all heroes and lore characters and doing a massive event in the franchise which would probably be shitty for sales. So, he instead mentions it, WIDE AND CLEAR FOR EVERYONE TO SEE that said character can do this through a STATEMENT. When he says Kil'jaeden and Archimonde can blow up a planet, they can.

Also, just to get this out of the way, THAT is a game mechanic. Not a scripted scene in a game or a statement, that right there is a game mechanic. Its something not to be taken into account because it truly is just a foundation of the game so that it is fair and realistic based on the games genre and playability. A scripted scene like Megaman X losing to Vile in his armor during the beginning of the game is not a "game mechanic". It's there purposefully and should be used by all means. Otherwise, Samus, Megaman X, Mario and nearly all videogame characters will go out of the Wikia for having no feats. What you are saying and constantly repeat is baseless and simply ignorance of what said words actually mean.

Game Mechanics
It'

Anyone gonna create an Argus the Unmaker Profile now?

If that's going to be the case, then I have a Profile Picture i'd like to set up for it. It's him standing at the Seat of the Pantheon. I tested him a few weeks ago, so I was able to get a few screenshots in. They were pretty ******* amazing.

Well, I do agree with most Sargeras and Argus revisions, and I dont think anyone disagrees. However, Sargeras should be above Argus no matter what attack he uses or whatever, everything any titan can do, Sargeras does better. He was their greatest.

Anderson2003 said:
Well, I do agree with most Sargeras and Argus revisions, and I dont think anyone disagrees. However, Sargeras should be above Argus no matter what attack he uses or whatever, everything any titan can do, Sargeras does better. He was their greatest.
He was the strongest of the Pantheon, but that doesn't necessarily ensure that he is the strongest of the entire species. It's been stated that Azeroth will surpass him upon her "birth", and Argus may be the same way, just enslaved before he could become a threat to Sargy.

@Anderson Paragraph 1 and 4: No, no I don't need to add anything further to my argument which has already been stated for months and yes you need to make a proper defense instead of screaming "No it isn't". I'll repeat myself for the tenth time. The only property of the sword Frostmourne is soul manipulation, if you can't prove otherwise that you can't, in good spirit, say that a spell called "Fury of Frostmourne" does not involve soul manipulation. Furthermore, "Fury of Frostmourne" is the most most soul manipulating looking thing I've seen in the game. The thing that the final part of the encounter was trying to portray was that he was capable of effortlessly claiming the players' souls from the beginning, not that he was in a completely different level of power from what he had displayed until then. Claiming that a description of a spell needs to be phrased in a particular way to be credible is absurd and only shows that you don't really understand what Frostmourne is or what it does, which is in fact more than enough for the description. Also you started by saying that all spells have specifications and yet ended up explaining it as and I quote "any other spell", don't all spells have descriptions?

Paragraph 2: Yeah, I thought so. Also from the way that you phrased it, it seems like you're already forgetting that what's being questioned is whether or not they can destroy a planet without rituals that take massive amounts of prep, not if they can destroy planets as a whole. What I'm requesting from you is a source that would say something along the lines of: "Kil'Jaeden, with a swing of his hand, destroyed the planet." A blanket statement of planet busting isn't enough and as previously mentioned should be treated in the same way that all massive spells in Warcraft have been depicted. Time and prep. Quite frankly, I tried to find your sources and couldn't do it myself. If you can't be bothered to post them yourself, I won't be bothered to respond any further.

The rest: There is nothing scripted about Archimonde's rain of chaos spell, he isn't scripted to do anything with it, it's just a minor mechanic from the fight. And no bugs and flaws are not game mechanics, they have no place in this discussion whatsoever. And yes they can blow up the world and "call it a day". I already said this and got no response when I pointed towards raid wiping mechanics that force you to restart the fight, that have actual real statements behind them, not just from the character using the ability but from other lore characters as well.

Edit: Upon further inspection this rain of chaos ability turned out to be the same rain of chaos that Archimonde and Tichondrius have been carrying around since warcraft 3. This is an infernal summoning spell. Forget about Planet busting, these infernals aren't doing even any surface wiping unless there's a trillion of them.

As I mentioned earlier, I agree with Myriadofmemes. As such, he is allowed to start editing the profiles.

Alright Ant, I've been working on Sargeras for the past few hours, fixing up some parts, expanding on his abilities and adding clarifications and sources to some parts of his profile.

My bad Ant. I was busy with school.

But this thread can be closed since everything is done.

I might make another CRT regarding god tiers speed.

I think that Myriadofmemes had only edited 4 of the Warcraft pages when I last checked.

Antvasima said:
I think that Myriadofmemes had only edited 4 of the Warcraft pages when I last checked.
He editted Deathwing and all the ones that scale now.

All the revisions are complete I believe.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Should I close this thread then?

Have the calculations been accepted? If so, feel free to create it.

However, I don't know how to post an Image on there. However, I can get the rest of the stuff prepared (AKA, the Descriptions and stuff).

Someone might need to add in a Profile picture for me.

Can't wait to see how it turns out, I've been too busy re-reading half of the old novels so I couldn't get to it.

Anyways I wanted to ask how you feel about adding BFR for Sargeras? Considering that he created Mardum with the single reason to BFR all demons from the Great Dark Beyond and keep them locked away. He did kill them but the bottom line was that he wittingly did so because he knew that it would send them directly to Mardum. We also know that he is capable of traveling back to the pocket dimension because he did return there to free them later.

Myriadofmemes said:
Can't wait to see how it turns out, I've been too busy re-reading half of the old novels so I couldn't get to it.
Anyways I wanted to ask how you feel about adding BFR for Sargeras? Considering that he created Mardum with the single reason to BFR all demons from the Great Dark Beyond and keep them locked away. He did kill them but the bottom line was that he wittingly did so because he knew that it would send them directly to Mardum. We also know that he is capable of traveling back to the pocket dimension because he did return there to free them later.
BFR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back