• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plague Inc zombie shows the Walking Dead zombie what being covered in acid feels like

Or worse comes to worse they hug it out and both die in the Plague Inc zombie's explosion

Necroa should be stronger and more durable, as well as the afformentioned acid. Explosion on death forces inconclusive at worst as well. Also, they're harder to kill, as with one of the upgrades nervous tissue starts growing in other parts of the body, meaning even decapitated zombies can keep going.

Shouldn't necroa zombies have type 2, actually? That whole "on top of needing to destroy the brain, now the brain includes parts outside the head and as such you can't just decapitate" is pretty meaningful.

Huh. I'm not sure why I never added that. Their entire body is also suffering necrosis and they don't have any issues beyond moving.

I'm on mobile right now (and Wikia loves making editing there a pain), so you can feel free to add it seeing as I already described what is basically Type 2 on the page.

Although they die from regular decomposition after a while, so IDK.

I think they just starve and that's why they die over time. Also I'm assuming this zombie isn't one of the ones that can call a horde millions strong, lol.

At first I thought putting a regular naked zombie against an armored one was unfair, but yeah, Plague Inc. zombies are kinda OP. Necroa FRA. Gotta love how Plague Inc. is starting to become God Tier in the pathogen metagame.

Related-ish, but shouldn't the Necroa Virus itself have higher intelligence? It's clear that the game expects of you (the player) to use strategy to win, which wouldn't be possible if the diseases were all normal ones.

@Saikou I wouldn't attribute that to intelligence, but rather a very strong reactive evolution, as that's how the game presents it (evolving in response and in anticipation of conditions). Plus it's more plausible than microbes getting intelligence that they literally aren't physically capable of.

Plague Inc - 6 (Weekly, Ed, Apies, Starter, Wok, Saikou)

If we assume something like mega brutal where you can't just cheese by not evolving symptoms and using that mutation for free downgrades, it makes sense to me. We seem to be assuming that these are the zombies with everything already evolved though.

Eyyy, I'll add.

I'll leave this open in case the intelligence discussion is continued.

Yeah, but we have stuff like Zombies targetting specific areas in a group, or diseases decreasing their lethality levels from the start to avoid being detected (Not something that can be attributed to just evolution) or fungi producing spores at the right timing. We already have the Neurax Worm at a high intelligence level, so.

The Zombies arent on the level of a Neurax Worm in intelligence but theyre definitely Average-Above Average

As for the zombies there's also how certain individuals can intentionally start gigantic hordes and direct them all across ocean floors. Bio weapon can also just kinda instakill everyone once everyone's infected.

Yeah, I'll bite. I hate how it goes against the biology of things that small.

How about we give the disease a collective intelligence? Like how you don't generally have a lot of DNA points to do anything before you infect a lot of areas.

Example:

"Intelligence : Mindless individually (Are microbial lifeforms without a nervous system), Above Average Collectively (The disease can coordinate strikes on cure facilities and countries across the planet, as well as adapt in contemplation of actions the world might take against it)"

Yeah but like, parasite worm saving Christmas by mind controlling everyone. Plague Inc.'s not the most accurate thing ever.

That's more or less what I meant yeah. Clearly, the disease itself chooses what's best for it. But I don't think an individual thing would be this smart.

Alright, I updated all the profiles.

I'll close this, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back