• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VSBW Pixelmon Server

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Getting Started
As per the original post, we now have a Pixelmon server! For the uninitiated, Pixelmon is a mod of Minecraft that implements Pokemon into the game. The mod is extensive and, in my opinion, one of the better things to come from the Minecraft modding community.

So, first thing's first: the server info. We're running on 1.16.5, which means you'll need the appropriate version of Forge as well as Java 8 (Note: this is not the same as the Java version of Minecraft, as far as I'm aware you should be able to join regardless of your version), as Java is required to run the Forge installer.

Once you have Forge installed (as well as a legitimate copy of Minecraft), you can set up a Minecraft installation using that Forge version you've just downloaded.

Next, your mod folder. If you're unaware, to mod Minecraft you need to set up a mod folder. For most of you, you can find this by navigating to your file explorer, entering "%appdata%" into the URL bar and entering the .minecraft folder. If you don't have a "mods" folder, you can make one.

All mods you need to play on this server can be downloaded here as a .zip file. To use them, you'll need to unzip them into the mods folder we just talked about. I've also included the correct version of OptiFine, just to make it all prettier.

EDIT: Modlist. It is possible we'll be expanding the actual mods used for this, so just in case I'm going to keep a running list of all mods required to join the server.

Below are optional mods we have. Having them installed will give you a better experience, but they aren't required to join the server. I don't have them included by default in the .zip file.
If you already have the mods from the last .zip file, the new ones (Architectury and FTB Forge Library) are linked above, as are the others. The listed modpack now includes all new files as well, so if you're new, just install the zip file and unzip it to your mods folder.

Server Information
Now, with setup done, you can join the server. Boot up your Forge 1.16.5 installation with your mods installed, and go to Multiplayer. Add a new server and slap the shit below into the appropriate bars.

Server Address/IP: 176.57.165.117:26825
Server Name: The Lad Forge: Rekindled

It is important that you copy/paste the above IP address exactly. You can nickname the server whatever you like, but frankly my name is rad as ****, so you should use that.

Some Other Stuff

Just wanted to say some other less technical stuff.

Firstly, rules.

1. Don't be a dick.
2. Don't glitch/hack/exploit/whatever.
3. Don't say some shit you wouldn't say on VSBW.

And that's all she wrote, for that. Griefing and shit is included in the whole "don't be a dick" thing, if it becomes a problem I can take the time to set up landclaim. It's just a headache I'd like to avoid if possible.

On a more positive note, I've decided that folks who join shall get a small starter kit. Just 16 great balls (as inputting the weird letter for "pokeball" is a pain), but still! If you join, let me know and you'll get your shit.

Now, actually, that is all. For now. Until I think of more.

Original Post for Posterity
Hi. Today's Black Friday. This means capitalism is not dead and we have indeed failed for another year. However, it also means that shit contained within this capitalistic world is cheaper. Material goods have diminished value for this day (and however many other days our corporate overlords wish for them to be cheaper, likely decided by a complex algorithm comparing loss and gain).

A second fact. Minecraft is good. Very good.

A third fact. Minecraft is better with mods. One of the best mods is Pixelmon. Why? Because Pokemon games are not very good. But they are in Minecraft, because as pointed out above, Minecraft is very good. Pixelmon is Pokemon in Minecraft, which has (obviously) been proven to be a good idea.

Because of these culmination of facts, I've decided to ask if anyone would be interested in playing Pixelmon. More specifically, I want to, and if VSBW people want to as well, that'd be swell. Grand, even.

Maybe not that grand, actually. But not bad, most likely.

So, that's the question: would people, on this wiki, want to play Pixelmon with other people on this wiki?

(Servers are cheaper today, hence the ask- I'll watch this til later this evening and then decide if I ought to set something up as a nice community thing. Probably very little infrastructure, just an open world and bros fighting bros. Maybe setup some tournaments and shit if people are super interested).

Thanks
* Copetan helped set up the QoL mods, as well as track down which ones I actually could use for what I wanted. Godsend.
* Crabwhale for inspiring the server even if his fat ass probably won't be joining.

Last edited:
They did, but it lived. Now it's technically called Pixelmon Reforged.

Missin' out. Minecraft *****.

Does it work with Cracked stuff?
I'd imagine not, nah. I don't know much about cracked Minecraft but I know in the past people struggled to join servers and ***** with it. No, to enter Valhalla, you'd need a pure soul. Or thereabouts, at least.

Well aware, used to play it, but I don't have it anymore, I don't feel like buying it again.
If you don't mind sating my curiosity, what happened? Minecraft accounts don't exactly expire. Unless you mean you had it on something besides PC?

If you don't mind sating my curiosity, what happened? Minecraft accounts don't exactly expire. Unless you mean you had it on something besides PC?
Both. I had it on PC(forgot my password to my account), and had it on Playstation(I don't know where the disk is).

I see. That shit sucks. Cheers though.

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do a Pixelmon world but idk if I can cus I’m on bedrock edition. I know some mods work on bedrock if you join a java server that has them but idk if Pixelmon is one of them

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do a Pixelmon world but idk if I can cus I’m on bedrock edition. I know some mods work on bedrock if you join a java server that has them but idk if Pixelmon is one of them
I have absolutely zero idea.

Could you let me know when you’re planning on having the server open and I can try and sort out an attempt to join it with you then?
Yeah, absolutely. I'm looking into options rn since there is a small, but positive, response.

Everyone says that til they're faced with the unstoppable might of the single greatest organism, Metagross.

(Also to be clear, I have indeed paid for a server, and am currently going through the Oldhead motions of trying to figure out how this confounded technology actually works)

have you tried consult with the old one?
I've been consulting with Pixelmon people and (trying, at least) with my server provider. The problem currently is implementing a sidemod called Wondertrade that I rather liked from when I played in like... 2017, or thereabouts.

Okay, well, hey, fuckit. I don't know how Wondertrade works but it is, in theory, implemented. If it's not, I can go back and try to fix it later. Other than that I think everything is fine (I'll probably work on making it more polished later, I'm just glad I was able to enter and build a vaguely acceptable spawn).

As of typing this, I'm waiting for MEGA to finish uploading the zip file of the mods the server uses (+the relevant version of OptiFine). It isn't much besides Pixelmon, but still.

I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from using GameShark. If I catch GameShark being used, I will be petty and spiteful towards you. Otherwise I don't think I'll be doing much server moderation as I'm sort of just keen to play Pixelmon with friends.

IP: 176.57.165.117:26825
Name: The Lad Forge: Rekindled

The mods can be found here as a .zip file.

Cheers all.

EDIT: In case you couldn't tell, we'll be using the most recent version of Pixelmon Reforged, which is currently on the 1.16.5 version of Minecraft. You'll need the appropriate version of Forge as well as Java.

EDIT EDIT: I should note that it told me I lacked critical, need-to-have mods when I tried to join, and that joining would be impossible. I then joined fine. No idea what that's about.

Last edited:
Fuuuuuuuck

I’ll try joining later today and see if I can pull of a miracle but looks like I’m out
?

Is Java a huge problem?

No, as in, Java the program, since you need that to run Forge. I believe the Bedrock edition will work fine.

Gonna go ahead and update OP with server information/setup assistance.

I have spawn built and shit, so it's all ready aside from Wondertrade not currently functioning. I may add plugins later if I feel like making myself depressed.

If anyone is currently on the server could they tell me their gamer tag? I can’t enter conventionally cus of how Minecraft for Switch works but I can enter if I ride off of someone else I think

I actually just shut the server down momentarily in order to disable wild pokemon aggression (a Zubat attacked me whilst mining and the server booted me for flying).

I can join rq, my name on there is, unsurprisingly, Mister_Bambu.

I’m just checking to see if I can indeed join, so I’ll leave pretty much ASAP if I get in lol

I am indeed online

Back