• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

everyone tearing each other up
everyone ready for their big crt

meanwhile, my verse is stuck in the CRT embassy unable to leave Brazil until 1 year later
i just finished updating a profile whose story was released 4 years ago and the CRT lasted 358 days

As someone else who mostly deals in verses where it's just me (and maybe a couple others), it's a mixed bag

You DO get to avoid a lot of big hassles that come with big verses, but you also have a lot of trouble getting calcs and interests in CRTs
DnD wins by right of supporters simply becoming staff members.

Barqs root beer is better
If I were a mod I'd have a huge urge to nuke your ass to kingdom come, but I've been banned before and I know that being banned is better than being on here, so I would always threaten you with it and occasionally do it but then instantly undo it, just to remind you that you will never truly escape this hellhole.

1)mf Digimon literally has all its monsters end in -mon, that's what I was referencing
2)How is that relevant to what I was saying (And if you say Digimon is copying Pokemon so help me)
It sounded as if you were saying "this shit be sounding like a Digimon copy," rather than what it is, which is if Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh had a child, and that child was an issekai for like 100 Japanese kids.

Probably not in my best interest to post this considering how much hate I'm already getting, but researching God of War is genuinely the most agonizing thing I've ever done on this wiki. Even just double checking the pages for innocuous stuff often leads me down a rabbit hole of finding two, three, or even more abilities I missed during my initial sweep that are just explicitly, comically wrong. I literally just went go check Zeus' profile so I could grab a scan from his breath attack justification, which led to me realizing his incorporeality is wrong, which led to me realizing that Kratos' corruption resistance is wrong, which led to me realizing that his "resistance to all of Hades' abilities" thing is wrong, which led to me realizing that Hades' biological manipulation is wrong, which- I can't fucking take it anymore man, it's just a neverending cascade of bullshit. All of this happened in the course of like 10 minutes.

No other verse has had me audibly go "how the fuck did they get away with this" at least once a day. I'll often overstate my annoyance towards some verses because it's funny, but GoW has the distinction of being the only verse where this isn't a bit and looking at how bad things have gotten makes me genuinely angry. My initial estimate of 12 threads over a course of 3 weeks is now hilariously outdated, and I think it's safe to say I'll be doing these downgrades for the rest of the year, if not longer. This isn't even including the magic or cosmology threads! Those are gonna take even longer, and the explanation pages are somehow just as bad as the profiles!

I need to emphasize that I've had to manually replace several thousand scans across multiple research documents, retype thousands of words that have been lost due to power outages or simple negligence, rewrite entire threads from the ground up multiple times, and spend hundreds of dollars on translations and various gaming magazines all for the sake of this hobby (the translations and magazines are mostly for my own enjoyment, though), yet all of that is somehow magnitudes easier than trying to sort through whatever the hell is going on with GoW on this wiki.

I also wanna point out that I don't even hate GoW or GoW supporters (I'll begrudgingly admit I've come to like Kratos a bit more as a character due to being exposed to more GoW stuff recently); I just hate the way yall scale shit. I also hate the way yall handle debating, because let's not forget the - what are up to now, 3? - false RVR reports that have been made as a result of this series of revisions. Because apparently having to debate the most miniscule shit for ten pages straight somehow wasn't agonizing enough by itself.

Sorry for the long rant, it's been upwards of two months since I've started this whole thing, I'm exhausted, and I needed to vent. Don't take this as anything more than "researching this verse sucks and I don't like debating it"; It's not an insult, it's not a personal attack, I'm just tired. Although feel free to make a fourth false report if it'll make you feel better, I guess.
9-A Kratos when tbh

Back