• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Huh, I've never heard of The Wonder Years before (granted, I'm not that well-versed in music anyway). I think I'll check out their music at some point.
I like them a lot. I grew up listening to a lot of pop punk/emo bands like Green Day or Fall Out Boy, but a lot of the lyrics in that genre are pretty juvenile (which is the appeal for some)

The Wonder Years is a lot more mature and thoughtful, and their stuff really connects with me. I see them every chance I get. His voice is fairly gritty which isn't everyone's cup of tea but it grew on me.

I like them a lot. I grew up listening to a lot of pop punk/emo bands like Green Day or Fall Out Boy, but a lot of the lyrics in that genre are pretty juvenile (which is the appeal for some)

The Wonder Years is a lot more mature and thoughtful, and their stuff really connects with me. I see them every chance I get. His voice is fairly gritty which isn't everyone's cup of tea but it grew on me.
listen to tool. very thoughtful and mature lyrics

I am into EDM. I used to like metal more a few years back but after a while it just became a bit...bland? Not everything of course, but oftentimes metal has a sound that is just generic, doesn't feel special in any way. When I like a song it is most likely because it has a "hook" to it, there's something special about it that makes me want to listen again. Like for example, yesterday I ended up listening (my dad was listening, I just sat nearby) to Soundgarden, specifically their metal songs (I believe there's a few non-metal ones they made) and, what can I say, I just couldn't get into it at all. The hooks were just too weak for me. An example of sth strong would be Metallica's Enter Sandman. From the beginning the sound sounds unique, the part before the chorus, the chorus itself ect. it all felt right and catchy, something that would catch your ear. Now I ain't saying either of these bands are better or worse, I ain't an expert, and metallica has its own share of music that is boring, but at the same time you can clearly see a difference.

I am into EDM. I used to like metal more a few years back but after a while it just became a bit...bland? Not everything of course, but oftentimes metal has a sound that is just generic, doesn't feel special in any way. When I like a song it is most likely because it has a "hook" to it, there's something special about it that makes me want to listen again. Like for example, yesterday I ended up listening (my dad was listening, I just sat nearby) to Soundgarden, specifically their metal songs (I believe there's a few non-metal ones they made) and, what can I say, I just couldn't get into it at all. The hooks were just too weak for me. An example of sth strong would be Metallica's Enter Sandman. From the beginning the sound sounds unique, the part before the chorus, the chorus itself ect. it all felt right and catchy, something that would catch your ear. Now I ain't saying either of these bands are better or worse, I ain't an expert, and metallica has its own share of music that is boring, but at the same time you can clearly see a difference.
Ain't no way you said all of that and then threw out Enter Sandman.

Me after seeing JJK supporters killing themselves on another Speed Downgrade thread:
70a23edb97c586aa02612260728ebc5e806911e021fe46b23cf499e0c25c13e8_1.jpg

The same arguments
The same people
Some new, but they never add something different

After a while its not a matter of what is correct for the verse
Its a matter of pissing off the opponent
Its a matter applying what you want to make the opponent angry without a care in the world

Truly our Jujutsu Kaisen

The same arguments
The same people

Its a matter applying what you want to make the opponent angry without a care in the world

Truly our Jujutsu Kaisen
If you don't debate with the intent to make your opposition as chaotically angry as humanly possible, then you aren't really debating.

The same arguments
The same people

Truly our Jujutsu Kaisen
It has been that way since the start of VS debating

The same arguments
The same people

Truly our Jujutsu Kaisen
Time is a flat circle

listen to tool. very thoughtful and mature lyrics

I see we're toolposting, billions must learn to swim!!
I feel that, except kind of of the opposite direction. Recently I've found myself falling out of love for classic rock. It just seems that the guitar riffs and style of lyrics are becoming a little bland and irritating to me. Over the years I've gradually drifted more towards the metal side of things, though I dislike the super harsh and raspy vocals of most modern metal songs. A small goldilocks zone houses my music taste which is composed of Nu-metal, old heavier metal, or progressive/alternative metal. Basically normal singing with moments of heaviness complemented by poppy/varied forms of rhythms. It's a very fine line I have to walk in order to find something I do like because if you go to much in any one direction the song falls into either pop (Which I generally dislike), rap (Same as before), Emo type stuff (Really dislike), or Death metal (I'd rather go deaf). Slipknot at their best, Korn and Linkin Parks first two albums are what I would consider ideal. A good recent example that I found was "This Is The Way" by Five Finger Death Punch which recently released. Ticks basically all my boxes except the meaningful and varied lyrics part, but that can be overlooked because the song itself is good in my opinion.

I like them a lot.
Nice.
I grew up listening to a lot of pop punk/emo bands like Green Day or Fall Out Boy, but a lot of the lyrics in that genre are pretty juvenile (which is the appeal for some)
Huh, I also grew up listening to groups like that.
What songs or albums of theirs do you recommend for first time listeners?

What songs or albums of theirs do you recommend for first time listeners?
"The Greatest Generation" is widely held to be their best album. My favorites from them are "Cigarettes & Saints" "There, There" "I Don't Like Who I Was Then" and "Low Tide."

In other news, I got a guitar pick from the singer today, so that was sick.

EDIT: Widely, not 'wildly'

Last edited:
Just saw that Vapourrrr had another one of his socks get banned again. At this point we gotta be real about him, he HAS to be mentally ill. I mean he's been stalking this wiki for well over a year and for what? To wank one specific character - Mikey - on this specific site. Like at this point you gotta ask, what the hell is wrong with him. Countless socks, all that effort and it is all just to wank one 9-B character and make his speed hypersonic or something. How low do you have to sink to waste so much time on harassment campaings and socks? It needs to be some unhealthy fixation on this specific verse and this specific character caused by mental illness. Just further proof is that he never learns either. Like when Charmander made the Topaz sock the personality was notably different and there was some clearly damn decent attempt to circumvent bans. The attempt still sucked, should've wanked another verse, but there was some clear effort. Here though, it's damn clear that he can't even hold himself back from revealing his own intentions.

Disregarding the fact that it's ass, Boruto is often shafted and ridiculed powerscaling-wise offsite due to having mostly dogshit feats and only scaling off Naruto to actually matter (except for maybe some feats I've been told that happens much later and more recently).

Incidentally, this is also the case for Dragon Ball post Namek Saga and pre DBS. Besides a handful of feats, most of which are anime-only. Most feats are crap and never improved beyond planet busting.

Disregarding the fact that it's ass, Boruto is often shafted and ridiculed powerscaling-wise offsite due to having mostly dogshit feats and only scaling off Naruto to actually matter (except for maybe some feats I've been told that happens much later and more recently).

Incidentally, this is also the case for Dragon Ball post Namek Saga and pre DBS. Besides a handful of feats, most of which are anime-only. Most feats are crap and never improved beyond planet busting.
also - agreed. Once you get to Cell Saga but most especially Buu Saga, the feats are very ass compared to where they scale. Though thankfully DBS does have nice progression (Tier 3 BoG >>)

Back