• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

pages are good. you're just wrong. sorry.
How dare you
Proposing something you believe makes sense isn’t a “fix,” it’s your interpretation
And at the barest minimum you believe those proposals to be right, you woudnt make them otherwise. I just find this sentiment incredible weird, like if you yourself dont believe those changes to be correct, then who would? If you approach a change (Which optimally only gets accepted if its sound and agreeable) not with the intent to be correct about it, why are you proposing it in the first place?

Perhaps it’s the specific phrasing of “fixing the verse” that to me just sounds very full of itself
I suppose, especially if you think the pages being "fixed" are perfectly fine in your POV.

But with all due respect to anyone, there are pages in the wiki that absolutely suck. Not even counting past pages that were either overhauled or deleted entirely because they were simply that bad.

Depending on the use of the word, "fix" doesn't need to have that negative connotation however.

But again, I understand the sentiment that it sounds abrasive at a first look.

Perhaps it’s the specific phrasing of “fixing the verse” that to me just sounds very full of itself
I would understand that if it was about a verse with tons of work being done on it already and if the title itself is especially condecending. But in most of the cases, its CRTS about forgotten verses that look like genuine shit where people assert they are fixing it. I dont see anything wrong with that.

I mean I get that, and for pages that are badly formatted and such a fix is definitely needed. I’d agree to it being context dependent

I would understand that if it was about a verse with tons of work being done on it already and if the title itself is especially condecending. But in most of the cases, its CRTS about forgotten verses that look like genuine shit where people assert they are fixing it. I dont see anything wrong with that.
I had specific examples that I don’t wanna bring up because I don’t wanna name drop verses and especially people, but they tend to lean more towards the former kinda deal

enlightenment is found in accepting that versus threads are wretched, horrible things rarely worth the effort.

make pages.

pages are good.
The only true path of enlightenment a VSBWian can take is to make an absolute banger of a page, then refuse to participate in any threads related to significantly changing the profile, letting the normies deal with the slag of your masterpiece that they're ruining.
zzax9be.jpg

it took me way too long to find an image of this guy

My pet peeve is having to rewrite 70+ pages from scratch because some jackass thought it'd be cool to either plagiarize shit from a fan wiki or just not give anything scans, references, or descriptions in the first place. Like, I've already got my work cut out for me when it comes to galleries, summaries, and formatting, this shit is so much harder than it needs to be.

My pet peeve, trying to update pages with scans and references when they have no justifications or wanked ones so you don’t know whether or not to trust them at all and take the time to research it since it may just be a dead end and a waste of time.
I LOVE clicking on the profile of a book or novel character and all I get are references and not even an excerpt or a screenshot of the statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay one last pet peeve before I stop clogging up the thread.
I hate punk-ass bitches who all of a sudden leave the site for seemingly no reason or because "oh man I dunno I lost interest in the site" while the actual truth is they got butthurt over the fact a character or verse they wank got downgraded.

I hate punk-ass bitches who all of a sudden leave the site for seemingly no reason or because "oh man I dunno I lost interest in the site" while the actual truth is they got butthurt over the fact a character or verse they wank got downgraded.
I kinda did this with Matthew Schroeder he closed my android 17 CRT (still mad about it) and downgraded bleach but this was a long time ago

conversely, "I'm never coming back because idrc about the site" mfs two microseconds after their ban is lifted is a funny mirror situation to this

The Tier 1 guidelines are really strict in FC/OC
Yea I once had my characters tier 1 but I said eh nvm I'll keep em 2-A since making profiles was my form of brainstorming, I forgot to remove the tier 1 in their categories so alot of my hard worked profiles were deleted because of a rating they used to have that I forgot to remove from their category section. I made over 100 profiles for fcoc. Back then Moritzva was my hater

One, Ally, inistra, Malibu were also deleted pretty wack

Back