• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Staff Timeline

Well VSBW is hardly a regular Wiki, given how we must constantly keep up to date rapidly changing information and standards, plus the addition of new franchises and characters daily, etc., so it makes sense why we have more active users than other Wiki, who aims for a more static website.

Also nice job indeed Ogu. Surprised how early I joined, even predating the likes of Matt, Ever and Dragon.

Also notable, if a bit sad, that you can clearly see the line when the "purge" happened, with many lines stopping right at the same time.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Kep

Man, only 600? That's a tiny amount, tbh, considering even small subreddits usually have a couple thousand present users.
That's the number of subscribed users, not the amount of present users.

You'd be surprised at how gobsmackingly small the number of activeusers in each subreddit is. Sure, AskReddit has millons of subscribers, but I have seen a post estimating the number of "power" (frequent) users on the entirety of Reddit in the mid hundred thousands to low millions with the help of moderators from big subreddits, IIRC.

600 also felt rather tiny to me personally, though.

I think he meant join as staff, which isn't really how it works.

Rather than people applying, they get selected by preexisting staff through a vetting process, and it can take a while. If you stay out of trouble, are polite, and help the wiki out, you may eventually be spotted by someone though. Worked well though for me.

As Wokistan said, I refered to joining as a staff, which I know isn't just as easy as saying "hey, I'm a staff now".

And I think my contributions tells that better than anything that I'm far from being in the position to become one either, as well as how lazy I am.

But I am willing to help with the little I know and are capable to.

Thanks anyway, Dargoo, appreciate it.

holy noodle... ant, no offense, but boy, are u old compared to me. i feel like i was born yesterday. hearing names back nad forth, names i never even knew existed. its like going to my granduncle's house on christmas.

@Ogurtsow

I noticed two things that need to be corrected. One is that DontTalk/DontTalkDT was a regular member for a while before he became a consultant, and another is that I had an early gap in my activity, due to being banned by SeiryuShin (He lifted the ban after 6 months and helped me to become promoted though).

Also, Burning Full Fingers, ALRF, and Legion350 are still active, but only as regular members (by their own choices).

1. I've added another time span between his second account's first edit and becoming a consultant.
  2. Also added. If you think it would be interesting to see which staff members were banned in the past, I will add such time spans, but excluding current perma-blocks of retired staff members.
  3. All retired staff members are currently at «empty» space without any color graph.

Ryukama was only blocked for 1 day, and that was because I was much more stressed out and inexperienced about running the wiki back in 2015. Still, it was inappropriate, and Ryukama is now one of our best staff members.

SomebodyData was only blocked for 2 hours in 2015 (after Azathoth reduced the block), but that was also inappropriate.

Yeah, it's important to note that we were nowhere near as secure back in 2014-2015 as we are now. We had very few staff members and some of the few were even more strict due to our lack of proper and/or civilized management and were thus ill equipped to deal even the lightest of potential trouble makers compared to now.

There are quite a few staff members here who were surprisingly once or twice blocked despite some not as well behaved staff members not receiving any sort of block even once. Won't name any examples, but I think a few of them are more obvious.

Back