• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Staff Timeline

Ogurtsow

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Hello. I made something new for this wiki: the VS Battles Staff Timeline. Here you can see when our staff members (current and retired) got promoted, which positions they took at one or another time period, and when they retired. After all, for all these years we got 111 staff members: 59 of them are still at their positions, while the other 52 are retired. This value is one of the greatest on the entire Fandom network, if not the greatest.

Timeline

57aba3ac1742b79fb49fb74cfb4d5ece.png

Statistics

• The longest time period being a bureaucrat belongs to Galaxian Pyro: 4 years, 8 months, 26 days
  • The longest time period being a concultant belongs to DarkLK: 1 year, 7 months, 22 days (Still growing)
  • The longest time period being an administrator belongs to A6colute: 3 years, 8 months, 30 days (Still growing)
  • The longest time period being a content moderator belongs to Burning Full Fingers: 1 year, 6 months, 12 days
  • The longest time period being a discussion moderator belongs to Dino Ranger Black: 2 years, 9 months, 26 days (Still growing)
  • The longest time period being a chat moderator belongs to TISSG7Redgrave: 2 years, 10 months, 13 days (Still growing)
  • The longest time period being a calculation group member (Without getting any other position) belongs to both Executor N0 and Spinosaurus75DinosaurFa: 1 year, 3 days (Still growing)
  • The longest time period being a retired staff member (Till coming back) belongs to Gallavant: 2 years, 9 months, 28 days
  • The longest time period being a regular member (Till becoming a staff member) belongs to Ogurtsow (Me): 2 years, 8 months, 8 days
  • The shortest time period being a regular member (Till becoming a staff member) belongs to Sera EX: just 30 days
You can check the source code in my personal page.

I think we should only count the period of time an user has been active for. I joined in 2016 but I only started to become active at all in October 2017. Before that I had only made one singular post before going into hiding for an entire year. Then I got banned and returned on November 20, and got promoted to calc group member on December 2.

All-in-all, such an excellent job though.

Yes, DontTalk deactivated his old account and was absent for a while, but then he came back.

Exactly. I think only active time should be taken into account here. Afterall, it's pretty easy to have some guy who made his account in 2011 suddenly return and quickly rise to calc group status and seize one of these positions, despite the fact that the eight year span was spent with him being 100% inactive.

@Ant

Galaxian Pyron had been a bureaucrat since 2010, so he is still ahead of you.

@Kep

It would take far more time to analyze one or another member's contributions and determine periods of inactivity.

Ant I don't think he's counting you as an admin.

@Ogurtsow

Well, it isn't a big deal, but I have been a bureaucrat for as long as A6colute has been an administrator, and you gave A6colute a little longer timespan than Galaxian Pyron. You likely gave A6colute a too long timespan though.

Nonetheless Ant, I think we all known that chart can never properly convey the sheer collaborative effort poured into this site, what with not counting far more numerous regular users who've nonetheless been instrumental in the rise of the Wiki into the juggernaut it is today.

It is funny though. I mean from the perspective of somebody who has been here since we only had 1/60th or so of the page view numbers that we have today, the inside view of the wiki work does not change all that much in proportion to the popularity. I have just been perfectionistic regarding gradually improving lots of little details that I notice here and there, as have many others.

I have the shortest time as any staff member and potentially the longest time as a regular... no idea if I should hate myself tof my bad luck or be proud that I am the third longest contributor still around

Kepekley23 said:
VS Battles Wiki is the wiki with the highest number of active users on FANDOM, by the way.
Not surprising. Wikis have kind of been slowing down in active users for years now. Conversely, the amount of people who complain about wikis not being up-to-date, have also risen a lot. Not at all connected, I bet (sigh).

But yeah, we're easily one of the biggest wikis out there. Maybe not in page count (but we're pretty high in that), but in community.

Back