• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battle Wiki First Grail War - The Second Preliminaries

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
This is the continuation of the Preliminary Summoning thread for the actual battle royal / war debating. 9 Servants have been determined on, which are:

Saber: OwariNepgear (uses a sword to cut lines of death, so it makes sense)

NPs are Amalavijinana and Song of Grail (all variations)

Personal Skill is Connection to the Root

Lancer: TISSG7Redgrave (has Gae Bolg, and Ea isn't really a sword)

NPs are Gae Bolg and Ea (yes, he decided to be that guy... ;D)

Personal Skill is Battle Continuatio

Rider: Ramesses the Sun King

NPs are Troias Tragodia and Ramesseum Tentyris

Personal Skill is Imperial Priviledge

Caster:' Blahblah9755 (Da Vinci was Caster, so that's what Blah is)

NPs are God Hand and Uomo Universal

Assassin: Fabtastic Glasses (his abilities came from Jack the Ripper so it was an easy choice)

NPs are From Hell (which is going to be fairly powerful, considering they are in New York) and Natural Born Killers (well. 200 demons all running around New York. Yeesh)

Personal Skill is Murderer of the Misty Night

Archer: ScarletFirefly (could have been Caster too I suppose, but I decided Archer because that's what Tesla was)

NPs are System Keraunos and For Someone's Glory

Personal Skill is Galvanism

Avenger: Hizack123 (only one left and he has a power from Edmond Dantes)

NPs are Monte Cristo Mythologie and God Force

Personal Skill is Determination of Steel

Saver: Llam aGod1411 (because stories are wonderful things that save people)

NPs are Kavacha and Kundala and A Story Just for You

There is also me:

Ruler: Monarch Laciel

NPs are A Story Just for You and God Hand

Personal skill is Eyes of the Mind (False)

Now, here are the rules and how this game will work

The game is divided into Day and Night rounds. During the day rounds, there are lots of general public around, and really flashy actions are going to be seen so you need to be careful what you do. Night rounds have no people around so you can do as much flashy actions as you want.

During each round take whatver action you want, and if another servant interferes with you, react to that however you want. You can search for another servant or master with their abilities, observing a master/servant they have found, attacking a master/servant they have found, attempting to create an alliance, etc.

Any battle can be debated as a normal battle would be on this thread, but for the sake of quickness only 3 votes will be needed with an hours grace period before we decide who has been eliminated. Or who has managed to run away, or convinced them to ally mid-fight. Whatever.

If a servant player does not comment what action/reaction they are taking within 12 hours of the Night/Day round's start, they have missed their turn for that round and instead enter a "guard stance" where they simply defend against anything that attacks them.So try to get a reply within 12 hours.

All servants have A rank parameters in combat skills like endurance, speed, etc, unless a Noble Phantasm would raise or lower it.

Each person will be randomly assigned to a start location of either Central Park, Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, East Village, Greenwich Village, Lower Manhattan (the bit not including East and Greenwich villages), East Harlem, Washington Heights and Upper West Side.

There is also where I am, but I'll keep that a secret, if for some reason you want to attack Ruler. I'll tell you if you stumble across me.

All servants have B rank parameters in your class's appropriate Class Skills (e.g. archer has B rank independent action) unless a Noble Phantams would raise or lower it.

All servants have a master of equivalent power to Rin Tohsaka powering them. This means that while you can use a more costly NP a few times, you cannot spam it continuously.

This battle takes place on Manhattan Island. Try to avoid being witnessed by the general public and threatening the sanctity of the Grail War. Two strikes and I'll put a bounty on your head like was done to Caster in F/Z.

When searching for another servant, reasonable use of abilities to find them, such as flying around the city (if you are capable of that) will mean you can say you found another servant.

You cannot react to being found by an assassin or someone with a skill that makes them equally stealthy. In addition, remember your own skills and limitations. If you happen to see someone flying 100s of metres up you can't attack them if you only have a melee weapon.

Finally, if rounds go on like "I found an opponent, but I'll observe them" for more two rounds in a row without anything happening to anyone, I will use my own status as Ruler to force a fight

Further questions go here

Begin the battle

• Goes around searching for enemies but also a master hoping around the buildings*

Well this Servant has other occupations like school so he can't play Wars all day. And don't you dare start a shitfest there, normal people should not know there's a war taking place.

ScarletFirefly said:
And don't you dare start a shitfest there, normal people should not know there's a war taking place.
^ True actually. Everyone, do try to avoid blatant magical acts in front of the general public. I'll add that to the rules.

Make 100 bodies. Go around the city gathering information and stuff

Edit: Well, since 100 bodies is not a small number. I can just spy on everybody at the same time. Though Archer and Caster is top priority since most of the time they suck at CQC if it comes down to it

^ I thought you meant kill 100 people when I first read that and was like "what the hell did I just say", then I remembered your ability.

100 bodies gathering info is a reasonable way to find another servant (or most of them, but we won't give you that much of an advantage), so if you want you can edit your comment to say you found a servant and which one. You'll need to wait til next turn to attack them though

Also everybody else, this guy is assassin, with presence concealment. I'll add to the rules that if assassin finds you, you can't react to him unless he attacks first, and the same with if archer finds you with enhanced sight or something.

And also, everyone remember the limits of your abilities. Don't go attacking someone flying 100s of metres up if you only have melee weapons or something.

ScarletFirefly said:
Well this Servant has other occupations like school so he can't play Wars all day. And don't you dare start a shitfest there, normal people should not know there's a war taking place.
Eheuheuhue. Ahh, the advantage of finishing school but not enrolling into a college for some time. Look at all these free time advantage i can exploit huehuehue

LlamaGod1411 said:
Stays at wherever I am, thinking of a cool story. Gets an idea, but does not write.
Just pointing out you need to have a "main character" in mind to use your plot manipulation, and you haven't actually found anyone yet. Starting to write a story is fine though, just don't suddenly write "Caster type is hit by a bus. A bus with EX parameters" next turn

Lol

Anyway, 3 more actions now. If there isn't a reply from a servant for 12 hours, they've missed their turn that round.

Hizack123 said:
Ok and another action,
  • Bring out an smart phone*
.......*play*
But you can't have more than one action per turn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh NO DISQUALIFIED

(obviously joking)

Righto, this Ruler needs to sleep now.

If the other 3 servants all reply (who are Owari, Laughing Manson and Blahblah) reply on what action they are taking, someone start the reaction round, I'll be awake in about 7 hours

Plotting agaisnt ruler are you?? Good thing I didn't go to sleep straight away!

Ruler command seals and A Story Just For You say neither of you can murder me in my sleep, not that anyone has found me yet either.

I see this war is already getting interesting, with people plotting agaisnt me.

Found out about Archer's and Saber's territory and decide to constantly spy on them throughout the war by making sure at least 3 bodies follow them all the time

What God Handers? In character we don't know eachother's NPs yet :p

Also, how many YouTube videos are there of the flying chariot that was in the skies of NYC? :3

OwariNepgear said:
I've to wait for Ruler to tell me exactly about NP usage. My action depend on that.
Your usage? Don't use them in the middle of the general public where there are witnesses, your mana reserves are high but not unlimited so you cannot spam them either now or in battle, and that's about it

If you are referring to what "wishes" you can make with song of grail, only the ones listed on its page. You can't just wish "show me where my opponent is" or something. Also, remember the grail is basically just a massive mana source. If you yourself can't do something, it can't do it for you.

Ramesses's blatant magic use is threatening the secrecy and sanctity of the holy grail war. The church has managed to quell most rumours, and remove the videos from the Internet, but some people still talk.

(That's one strike Ramesses. 2 more and you get a bounty like Caster from F/Z)

To speed things up a bit, I've changed the waiting time for each round to 12 hours, so there are about 2 more hours for Owari and Manson to state their action.

If you don't make a decision, you going into a "guard stance" so you can defend if you are attacked to make up for the less time.

Back