• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Threads

I see a problem with the actual system of the versus threads on the wiki.

Most unpopular verses get ignored (FE, some cartoons and obscure games), we have many fights unresolved with 6 votes (Soma vs Dante), votes being changed after the ruling has been made (Black vs Tardis), threads that last too long are not even considered for inconvlusive fights. (Goku vs Asura!Oni), and many, many fights being left into obscurity. (check how many pages the board has.)

Here are a couple of ideas we could use to speed the process up and gusrantee a more just voting system.

1.-Reducing the vote requirement from 7 to 5 would speed things up and bother no one.

2.-forbidding people to change their vote once done would encourage people to really think on their choice before casting a vote and then slowing the process down whenever that user changes his/her mind.

3.-other thing we can do is giving people "knowledged" in the verse an advantage on the voting, since people who just come and comment "X for reasons above" without even knowing what they are talking about.

4.-Destroy the democratic system and have people write their thoughts and arguments on who would win and have them discuss until they reach a conclution. I think the value of the arguments overshadows the number of people who randomly agree on a posture without being able to formulate their own.

Again, these are all ideas. Accept some, ignore some.

1. Maybe, perhaps depending on how popular the character/verse in question is, but I would have no idea how to make that happen (Like...maybe have a number on each profile based on popularity and then use the number in between the number based on popularity given to both combatants to make a number of votes, but I don't see that working)

2. People CAN change their minds, the point of an argument is to sway people's opinions and get people to agree with your point of view

3. I...don't understand? Giving knowledged members an advantage in voting? People tend to just say "X for reasons above" because they fully agree with the arguments that were stated previously and just repeating it would be redundant

4. I don't imagine this accomplishing anything other than starting flame wars, having a vote system for these kinds of debates is the only way to really avoid as much flame as possible as having an actual debate will just go on and on and most likely end with a flame war, which nobody wants

TLDR

1. I don't know how changes made to this system would work

2. That's how arguments work, to sway opinions

3. People most likely thing repeating a similar argument is redundant, which is why "X for reasons above" is commonly used (At least that's the case for me)

4. I don't see this going anywhere...except flame wars

No way the rules will be bent because of obscure verses. 5 votes seem too small somehow. But I don't have anything in particular against it.

I'm not trying to go against the system or anything.

Considee this like an...open board of sorts to throw ideas out there. Maybe an admin will find one appealing.

Well, anyway I don't agree with this. Especially the fourth one. I know how it feels when someone just goes '... for reasons above' when you've just posted something comprehensive but you'll just have to get used to it. About the first one, dunno but I can't say I support it either.

First: 5 votes not really I mean just look haw many persons are there on wiki,it only means people are not interested.

Second: If you don't have a perfect knowledge or something during the battle is changed you must have an opportunity to change your vote,no one here decides and or can order you what to think.

Third: It has sense,but also not really beacuse if you know the verse and your points are already written you ain't gonna waste your time on writing again, at the same time even if you don't know you can just as well read look which reasons have more sense,plus there is always the possibility to change the vote.

Fourth: you want people to create massive spams? No thx,we already do that.

Back