• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because a single ability doesn't make a match a stomp

As shown by regenerators such as Ryuko and the likes

didn't he say idk or smth? And it still doesn't disprove that if one side can't win at all then how were they meant to win in the first place?

They can't. But a single Regenerationn ability doesn't make a fight a stomp

Otherwise 99% of Masada matches need to be removed, as well as other regen based matches

i was basing of the fact if the "incap" method doesn't work. If it does no need to remove it then but if it doesn't that was my nitpick in all honesty

Wouldn't Kaliber being a piece of garbage cause that to be incon

Wasn't that incon?

Wait what did I miss in that fight that let him win

If one of the side of a match as no way to win the battle is a stomp

Just because it's caused by a single ability it doesn't make it more fair

Did you read ANY of what I just said? Remove literally every single one of Ryuko's wins then

Mr. Bambu said:
I'd like to point out that Black Panther's match against Lich was unfair in that Lich had no win con. Like even being generous like "oh he can survive via timehax", he had no means to win at all, purely because BP auto-puppeted Lich from outside of Lich's range the second the battle started.

It was kept on the premise that it would be removed later due to revisions which... not good reasoning, but I forgot to post it here. Now seems relevant
BTW we found out that the pupeteering is passive. So you can remove that

Steve had a way around Ryuko's regen. While Sinbad's match I'm iffy on, it's for a different reason

And Derieri was actually a stomp, with regen + ~4x AP advantage in Ryuko's favor.

@Reb it was discussed in that thread that deri has regen null that can beat Ryuko but she doesn't use it in character

The match needs to be removed from BP's page, then. Content Mod or Admin, please remove.

Ryuko legit only resists his mindhax, which could probably work as well, assuming it has different mechanics behind it. I dunno where people in the thread got the idea she resists all of them.

@Reb Nope, from a lot of recent threads, if a character has even a miniscule way to win even if it requires acting out of character, the thread is fair

DMUA said:
This still needs to be removed

If not because Toriko punches him in the face once and Gormmet Lucks through anything The Hunter wants to pull, then because Type 8 rolfs on him.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Reb Nope, from a lot of recent threads, if a character has even a miniscule way to win even if it requires acting out of character, the thread is fair
The hell? I'm calling bullshit on this, sorry

To be fair to Weekly, Yang vs Dio was kinda that

I'll be real I should make a thread about how we shouldn't include out of character methods in determining if something's a stomp

DMUA said:

I'll be real I should make a thread about how we shouldn't include out of character methods in determining if something's a stomp
Good luck with that, because it will be ignored by anyone who wishes for a thread to be removed

Schnee One said:
DMUA said:

Good luck with that, because it will be ignored by anyone who wishes for a thread to be removed
Sad But True
Sad But True

I disagree with that tbh but make the thread I guess

Bobobo vs Yukari should almost definitely be removed

the main argument that everyone FRA'd was that Bobobo had basically no counter to Yukari, and that his plot manip did nothing or didn't help him. This is very obviously contradicted by his current profile

i may look into his other matches, but for now Yukari gets omegaroflstomped in that match if we used the up-to-date versions

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Except he doesn't. He dies to conceptual manip due to lacking resistances. Hence losing.
his plot manip means that Yukari never does anything that could hurt him

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Unless it's passive and strong enough to counter conceptual manip, it shouldn't do anything.
1: it is almost definitely passive

2: why? his plot manip means she never does anything that could hurt him

as in, she never concept manips him

Ugh

Can we not go lolplotmanip

It's kind of annoying when there are three kinds of plot manip

4th wall themed reality warping (Bobobo, Bugs Bunny)

4th wall themed fate manipulation (Monika, Luminous Being)

Literal plot sheilds (Cosmic Armor Superman, Protaganistkun)

My dude, none of this is remotely implied in his profile, only a vague "he can manipulate the plot". The people on this thread didn't have to counter a non-existent argument and therefore no, this thread shouldn't be removed.

You should make a thread to try and precise this ability because right now it isn't enough to make him win and certainly not enough to invalidate this match.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2352147

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back