• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that isn't even what a lot of the arguments said.

The biggest thing and point of contention was the higher drain of stamina that Goku will experience trying to match Vegeta's preformance level. Most of those arguments are even assuming that Goku and Vegeta are utterly equal in power and skill

In addition, Vegeta having somewhat higher AP is a valid reasoning. Vegeta and Goku were even when they were fighting Jiren together. Vegeta powered up further during his fight with Toppo through his anger and resolve, something we state on Vegeta's profile in his AP justifiaction. Saying Vegeta has a bit of a slight AP advantage, isn't out of the ballpark. One twitter post doesn't negate the evidence we saw from Vegeta fighting Toppo and how it went down.

4TheC2 said:
Except that isn't even what a lot of the arguments said.
The biggest thing and point of contention was the higher drain of stamina that Goku will experience trying to match Vegeta's preformance level. Most of those arguments are even assuming that Goku and Vegeta are utterly equal in power and skill

In addition, Vegeta having somewhat higher AP is a valid reasoning. Vegeta and Goku were even when they were fighting Jiren together. Vegeta powered up further during his fight with Toppo through his anger and resolve, something we state on Vegeta's profile in his AP justifiaction. Saying Vegeta has a bit of a slight AP advantage, isn't out of the ballpark. One twitter post doesn't negate the evidence we saw from Vegeta fighting Toppo and how it went down.
Except that most people discussed that most people discussed that in the thread and came to the conclusion that the drain wasn't mentioned in a longue time and a lot of vote mentioned 'Vegeta's AP advantage'

It is out of the ballpark, Ishitani directly stated otherwise, Assumption < Word of God.

except Goku never faced Toppo so we can't compare how Goku would have fared and a few powerup can be attributed to Goku while fighting Jiren too.

so no, there is no AP advantage through word of god, , no proof for Goku's technique draining him ( It isn't even mentioned on his page) as per the concensus on that very same thread (see Noah's post in the thread that say the stamina vote won't be counted) and enough vote were based on the AP misconception ( such as Dzhindzholia , Siegfried10 , AntorusTheBurningThroe, BUS73R998 ; Endless Astrograph Sorcerer , Plasticdimension , DatBoyNorbit , RinkakuKagune , Sceptilespy and Grimreaperofjustice , as well as other i'v probably missed, it still make at least 10 votes out of 26 that are based on that justification) for it to be removed.

in short, all the stamina vote were agreed to be discounted and the other votes were about AP advantages, which goes directly against what Ishitani said.

so it should be removed, as new information made it invalid.

Except Word of God is not absolute and is disregarded if it contradicts what we see occur in the series. Also, it's also stretching it to say Ishitani's statement counts as Word of God, considering that she worked on the storyboard of and directed one episode for all of Dragon Ball Super, the very last one. She's not the overall creator of the series nor even it's main writer.

In addition, it's not an assumption when we have this on Vegeta's page for his SSBE key: "According to Whis, he and Goku were even able to stifle Jiren, and Jiren himself mentioned that both of their respective attacks had become "sharper". After powering up further, he was able to overwhelm God of Destruction Candidate Toppo..."

Going further, you say the vote for stamina were discounted but the same person who said that also said the AP votes were legitimate.

EDIT: In fact, Noahkaismith, the OP and the one who said that the stamina votes were discounted later admits that he was wrong.

TheC2 said:
Except Word of God is not absolute and is disregarded if it contradicts what we see occur in the series.
Also, it's also stretching it to say Ishitani's statement counts as Word of God, considering that she worked on the storyboard of and directed one episode for all of Dragon Ball Super, the very last one. She's not the overall creator of the series nor even it's main writer.

In addition, it's not an assumption when we have this on Vegeta's page for his SSBE key: "According to Whis, he and Goku were even able to stifle Jiren, and Jiren himself mentioned that both of their respective attacks had become "sharper". After powering up further, he was able to overwhelm God of Destruction Candidate Toppo..."

Going further, you say the vote for stamina were discounted but the same person who said that also said the AP votes were legitimate.
and it doesn't contradict what happened in the serie, it contradict your assumption about a vague form's power and not being absolute doesn't mean it's worthless.

It is not streching since it's the only statement we have on the form, also DBS doesn't have a main writer.

It is an assumption, the entry you copy pasted at no point say that it make him stronger than Goku and even if it did, all it would mean is that we should revise that too. and once again, further power up can also be attributed to Goku after Vegeta's own power up.

The AP votes were legitimate because we didn't have that statement yet, which is why i'm bringing it up now, we have new info that make previous results invalid. It was valid back then and it's now invalid.

There is no assumption. We literally say that SSBE and SSBKKx20 start out equal but that Vegeta powers up further during his fight with Toppo. That is something that we watch happened, acknowledge and reflect on his profile.

DBS not having a main writer does not change the fact that Ishitani worked on one episode out of the entire series. She didn't work on any of the episodes that inolved Goku/Vegeta vs Jiren or Vegeta vs Toppo. All she can speak for is her own work, which is the very last episode of DBS.

If you believe that Ishitani's statement is so credible, make a CRT for it because that information doesn't match up with what we have on the profile. Literally saying that two characters start out even and then one them powers up further, is pretty straight forward.

EDIT: I'm going to bed and will not be responding further to prevent from derailing the thread.

TheC2 said:
There is no assumption. We literally say that SSBE and SSBKKx20 start out equal but that Vegeta powers up further during his fight with Toppo. That is something that we watch happened, acknowledge and reflect on his profile.
DBS not having a main writer does not change the fact that Ishitani worked on one episode out of the entire series. She didn't work on any of the episodes that inolved Goku/Vegeta vs Jiren or Vegeta vs Toppo. All she can speak for is her own work, which is the very last episode of DBS.

If you believe that Ishitani's statement is so credible, make a CRT for it because that information doesn't match up with what we have on the profile. Literally saying that two characters start out even and then one them powers up further, is pretty straight forward.

EDIT: I'm going to bed and will not be responding further to prevent from derailing the thread.
It is an assumption, nothing is said about them being equal then so you just assume they are actualy equal and then assume Goku didn't get his own power up.

except that if she wasn't allowed to speak on it, she wouldn't have spoken on it, contract and professional ethics works like that. Especialy since she states that Nakamura also participated. and notice how she make a distinction between the SSJBE Claim and the claim on Vegeta's character, which is actualy just her opinion ? clearly, here, SSJBE being equal to SSJBKK is supposed to be a fact here amongst the DBS staff and there is at least 2 different director agreeing on it, otherwise she would have also said it was just her opinion.

the information actualy match what is on the profile as far as what you've copy pasted is concerned, Vegeta had a power up, nothing deny that but either Goku got his own power up or Vegeta wasn't previously equal to Goku, simple.

except that the 'starting out equal' part is pure assumption and that Goku then didn't get any power up from MUI despite UI Omen giving him lasting power ups is also just an assumption, what is straight foward is Ishitani's statement, that they are equal and therefor there is no AP advantage.

so once again, that new info make the previous conclusion invalid and so it should be removed.

Yo can you stop quoting massive walls of text and take this to a message wall or something

Also, as shown by his previous message, C2 is asleep and not responding here anymore. Personally, I'd say get a CRT to alter the scaling on the profile first.

No win condition for Broly, Shadow has Timestop/Time Manipulation, BFR, Space Manipulation, Matter Manipulation etc

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1019723?useskin=oasis

Yeah, looking over this match, there's zero reason it was inconclusive.

Chaos, in character, flies far out of range of her opponent and spams ranged attacks, with this in mind, there was zero way for Ryuko to get close as she lacks any form of flight as a 6B, and thus gets sniped.

I request this to be removed as I felt the reasoning was in favor of Chaos but was never fully expanded on

Ryuko can jump high enough and suspend herself in midair long enough that she basically has pseudo flight, and she has ranged slashes that can match Chaos'

Chaos also cant get past her regen

That means she can jump high, that's far from being able to pseudo fly, so she just sidesteps and is totally cool as sniping from Cloud Height is super in character

She can just slice Ryuko in half eventually, doing it in scissor form is far from uncommon

WeeklyBattles said:
Chaos also cant get past her regen
She can though, I explained how in the thread.

Granted, I don't think that she can get past it with ranged attacks (she only has energy beams pre-Melan absorption iirc, no countrywide AoE) so she'd need to absorb Ryuko after impaling her with the wings.

Which again, she can do as she does nothing but fly.

I think it should be removed personally.

Yes but they have the same range. Only Post-Melan absorption Chaos can snipe people from super far away.

Prior to that her maximum range is hundreds of metres

Which is still more likely then Ryuko hitting her with projectiles or jumping up and slashing her (which is a death sentence unless Chaos were to stand there)

People voted incon due to how little they knew of Chaos (Myself included)

Arceus vs Rimuru Tempest is confusing to me.

I was told in a more recent thread that it was recently accepted that Rimuru can recover from conceptual destruction. I don't know if this is true or not (I have no familiarity with the series or character), but even if it isn't, I'm not sure why this thread was added. It's hard to even tell what the "FRA" votes for Arceus are even for. I don't think there's actually any way given in the thread for him to put the other guy down.

It isn't true, That's why Celestial voted Arceus

Reasons are still questionable regardless

More recent as in after that thread. But like I said, I have no way of verifying that.

Yeah, I'm still not seeing the actual reasons. It was even brought up in the thread that Arceus has never demonstrated the power to destroy concepts/conceptual beings, but that just seemed to be kind of glossed over, later on.

That seems ludicrously shaky for both something that Arceus has never done and something that his opponent actually seems to resist (and then get even better resistance for in his Tier 2 key).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back