• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses that are much stronger than you thought

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I feel like I made this before.....meh

The title is self-explainatory. Which verses do you know are rated much higher than you assumed they were?

Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Bakugan, as well as Pokémon, are all a lot higher then me (and most people) anticipated.

And definitely TES

Maybe Pokemon? I knew the God Tiers were strong from playing some of the games, but I didn't know they were 2-B or had any concept related abilities.

Destiny. Like, I set out to make Oryx, the Taken King because I wanted to start with what I thought would be a less absurd and haxxed file than the Composite Guardian I made as a joke. Then I started reading into his lore.

Also Darkest Dungeo. Besides the very end of the game (which I don't think should scale to anyone but the current ratings are as is due to a compromise between DMUA and I) I thought it was gonna be tier 9 all the way through. Then I found a weird feat and Bambu calced it into tier 7.

Magic: The Gathering: Now, dudes like Oldwalkers, Bolas, Eldrazi, etc are pretty easy to ascertain. I was not expecting Jace Belere, of all people, to have a tier 6 feat. He's basically the guy who can't really do direct combat and focuses more on mindhax and illusions.

Dark Souls: I think we all know what i'm talking about here. (Please no argue)

Yobobojojo said:
Digimo, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Bakugan, as well as Pokémon, are all a lot higher then me (and most people) anticipated.
Out of curiousity, where did you think they were rated?

Fighting Fantasy. No verse page here yet, but on its way. Despite having no statements above universal, a few nice dimensional states immediately throw the verse to obscene levels of power.

For example, this guy. With blatant statements, he maxes out at 5-B for creating a planet. However, thanks to dimensional statements, he happily goes to Low 1-C.

Plus, there's a possible Tier 0 in there

Pretty much everyone that wasn't DC, Dragon Ball and Marvel which have the most flashy displays of power. It really surprised me how fictional characters can be so powerful.

But specific cases:

Digimon: Mostly because I am familiar with the anime and never explored the games until after I came to this wiki.

Saint Seiya: I knew the guys were no pushovers, but given most of the time the Bronzies get beaten badly before turning things around, I kind of assumed they had big limitations. I also thought most of the abilities such as Shaka's imagery and Saga's Galaxian Explosion were just dramatic effects. So when I arrived, Holeee crap.

I also thought destroying the universe was as high as you could get in fiction, the site introduced me to higher dimensions, multiverses and structures, etc.

Back