• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses and components that you really like, but gets a lot of hate.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Basically what the title says. There are many verse I love but many people seem to hate for reasons I don't consider to be too bad. This is also for things you like in a series but other people do not.

A verse for me is:

Fairy Tail: I love this series and I get that people hate Nakama power-ups and fanservice, but I feel that Fairy Tail is just a series that you can turn your brain off and enjoy. I love the characters and powers. Even though they get weird at times...

Okay so I love the energetic character tropes and the "Mary/Gary Sue" trope characters. They appeal to me as they are often awesome and badass. But they also have some flaws that make them sort of relatable. My favorites of this "trope" are: Erza, Lightning, Dante and Bayonetta.

Adventure Time: I stopped watching the show for a good 4 or 5 years because I only heard bad things about the later seasons. Stuff like how it just lost the "fun atmosphere" that made Seasons 1-2 so great, or how the characters became whiny drama queens at a point, or how it just became a "pointless high fantasy series".

But a few months ago, I decided to marathon the series, to see if it got as bad as people said it did. After watching Episode 1-236, I came to the conclusion that in my opinion, they show was still pretty good! Season 7 wasn't as good as Seasons 4, 5 and 6 (which were in my opinion, the shows peak) but it still had a lot of great qualities.

The episodes were a good blend of wacky adventure and genuine character development and drama, some episodes even had some really wicked ideas and themes, like the episode "Don't Look" where Finn turns anyone he looks at into what he perceives them as, and the lore episodes were amazing. The season was flawed, very flawed though. A lot of the episodes just got worse when I rewatched them. Mostly the Stakes arc and Preboot/Reboot. Although the dip in quality is there, I still think the series is worth checking out.

2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: I don't really hear anyone talk about it, but when I do, it's usually negative. Granted, I've only watched the first season so far but I think it's a fine show. I really like how the entire season was like one big plot arc that got better and better until the two part finale, I liked how the Turtles were so crappy at being Ninja's, but progressively got more skillful, I liked how April O'Neal was also a martial artist in training. It was good, solid, light hearted fun with good action.

Though I hate Splinter in the series. Dude just sits around the lair giving out pseudo-wise advice and almost never actually did a thing.

Minecraft I feel like people misunderstand the game a lot. They over emphasize on the adventure side, when the thing that keeps it alive is the creation aspect.

Monster Girl Quest Yeah it's eroge, but its story is vastly superior to 79% of fiction yo.

Back