• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verse That You Like but Not on the Wiki?

Possibly tier 0, also would be the strongest tier 0. Also it's a decently "known" verse for its genre.

Verse name: not telling ya : P

Reason as to why its not on the wiki: There are no digital versions of the trilogy. Anywhere... So i can't compile it and make a crt. Peeps on the discord should already know what it is since i talk about it all the time.

Let me bring up my JRPGs:
Valkyrie Profile is a franchise that takes a very loose interpretation of Norse mythology. The first two games allows you to play as one of the sister's of fate (The Valkyries and the Norns are essentially combined here but the Norns do exists as separate deities too, so it's kind of complicated) who gather mortal souls for the final battle aka Ragnarok.

*The first game is about the middle sister (the fan favourite) Lenneth who starts having vauge recollections of a past life and her strangely familiar connections to mortal mercenaries (Arngrim and Lucian), the vampire king (Brahms) and a powerful wizard/necromancer (Lezard Valeth) while also preparing human souls for Ragnarok.

*The second game is about the younger sister Silmera (whose kinda polarizing) who possesses the body of a mortal princess (Alice) to rebel against Odin and his endless wars at the expense of human souls, along the way they team up with a half-elf archer and mercenary known as Rufus who unknown to both has an unforeseen connection to Odin.

*The third game is actually about a mortal mercenary called Wylfred (whose essentially a deconstruction of the edgelord trope) who blames the Valkryrie for his father's death which leads him to form as faust-like contract with the goddess of death, Hel (via sacrificing the lives of his allies for power using the feather of Valkryrie left on his father's body that has now been corrupted by Hel) along the way he is followed by a strange maid called Ailyth who guides him.

and the last game is a mobile gacha (ugh...).

The verse is quite powerful ranging from tier 6 to up to tier 2 (Thanks to timeline shenanigans) with various hax like time travel, soul manipulation, precognition, necromancy and more.

On a side note it becomes a reoccurring joke the elder sister, Hirst never gets her own game or a leading role which is pretty messed up lol!

Also there's post-game that ties into other Tri-Ace games like Star Ocean while also annihilating the fourth wall, so it's dubious if it's even canon lol. Also in order to access the post-game it requires you to get ALL endings in each game and let me tell getting best ending in the first game is virtually impossible without a guide.

Star Ocean is a franchise that combines mediaeval fantasy with space opera which revolves around the godlike ancient race, the Muan and their various descendant civilisations including humanity.

*The first game starts off as a typical fantasy JRPG with multiple races of humanoids known as Fellpools, Featherfolk, Highlanders, etc (identical to humans except for possessing one or two animal features similar to faunus from RWBY) until a mysterious illness that petrifies it's victims begins to spread across the planet even infecting the father of one the MCs and the best friend/rival of the other (Millie and Roddick respectively) eventually when all hope seems lost, the survivors of the pandemic (Roddick, Millie and an infected Dorne) are ment by twin beams of light from the sky with mysterious figures emerging from them, at first the survivors believe it's the gods coming to save their world (known as Roark) but in fact it's an entirely alien race known as "humans" (Ronyx and Ilia) who say they are not gods but they're indeed here to help save them and their planet. Thus kick-starting an adventure across time and space which eventually leads to unforeseen future consequences for better and for worse.

*The second game takes place roughly two decades after the first game where the son of the two human characters (Claude) picks up the torch from his mother and father (Ilia and Ronyx) while fighting off the envy of his peers within the Pangalactic Federation (who believe Claude only got so far via nepotism). On a mission with his father on a remote desolate planet, hoping to proof himself Claude inadvertently activates ancient technology which transports him to an unknown planet, still processing what just happens his sees a young woman (Rena) getting attacked by a monster and immediately jumps into action. Unfortunately he is forced to use his lazer blaster to kill the monster, after the battle the young woman thanks him for saving her and takes him back to her village. Claude then realises he is on an underdeveloped planet known as Expel and has violated the galactic laws of using advanced technology which is only further exasperated by Rena telling everyone he is the legendary hero that wields a "sword of light" thus kick-starting an adventure for Claude to get home (using an intergalactic tracking device) while trying to keep his real identity as an alien a secret, along the way some surprising truths about Rena's past are revealed also depending who you pick as the MC (Rena or Claude) you get to see as well as experience the story from very different PoVs.

*The third game takes place over 400 years after the second game, due to the events of the first two games the Pangalactic Federation is rapidly advancing to the point of nearly reaching godhood however this was at the price of gaining forbidden knowledge from the previous two games, as a consequence the creators of the universe are planning to punish humanity and all the other the civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy starting with the planet Hyda IV where the MCs Fayt and Sophia were holidaying with their families (they grew up together like siblings). Forced to use escape pods during the incursion the MCs get separated in deep space with Fayt left drifting for a week before crash landing on an underdeveloped planet with nothing next to his name save for a simple sword, thus kick-starting yet another grand adventure this time to find Sophia, his family and learn the true nature of the creators of the universe which leads to a shocking revelation about the universe itself.

*The forth game is a prequel to the first game which explains how humanity became a spacefaring race as well as the origins of the Pangalactic Federation. More than half of humanity has been wipeout during world war 3 with the entire surface of planet Earth being uninhabitable, realising humanity needs to survive or face extinction the nations of the world come together to find a way to restart fresh on another planet after which the 22nd century is scraped for S.D 1 (Star date one and onwards). Not long after mankind unites a wormhole opens near the moon and thus humanity rapidly begins using what little resources remain to harness warp travel which leads to a colony base being built on the moon to physically and mentally train the pinnacle of humanity also known as the "seeds of hope" including the MCs Edge and Raine (childhood friends), after several years of preparation five spaceships capable of warp travel are ready to launch with Edge and Raine on the third ship (Calnus) which once again kick-starts an adventure this time across space and dimensions to find a new home for the human race while meeting various strange and new alien species which inadvertently reveals the true origin of the humanity.

*The fifth game takes place between the second and third game on the planet Faykreed IV with the MCs Fidel and Miki (Grew up in the same village) must defend their village from ruffians however tired of the constant battles as well as the burden of being the son of greatest swordfigher on the planet, Fidel goes to the royal capital to ask for aid unfortunately the entire world is wrapped in conflict meaning his request is denied. Left with no other choice Fidel and Miki must join the war effort to bring peace not just to their village but to the entire world however their mission becomes complicated when a space shuttle crashes nearby and a mysterious girl known as Relia with otherworldly powers emerges from it.

On a side note the fifth instalment is the only game that takes place on just one world also there's also a mobile gacha game for Star Ocean too (ugh...).

Given the grand scope, Star Ocean is a powerful verse indeed with a bunch tier 6 to 4 weapons and technology with it reaching tier 2 at it's peak. The verse very haxxed too with time travel, matter/antimatter manipulation, reality warping, R/F interaction (it gets pretty meta tbh), a bunch of 4D lore and more.

Just like Valkyrie Profile the post-game obliterates the fourth wall (most notably in the third game) with it having the same superbosses and even characters from Valkryrie Profile but again it's highly debatable if its canon or not (You could argue the cosmology being Low 1-C if you cross-scale all of Tri-Ace's games but the jurisdictions are very shaky at best).

Also Star Ocean has a reoccurring character in all its games known as Welch Vineyard whose essentially just there for the ride although it's hinted she may actually be some kind of higher dimensional being.

Fun tidbit; Although it was mostly scraped from the third game onwards there was a hidden relationship parameter in the Star Ocean franchise that would affect the ending, with the second game being in the "top ten videogames of all time with multiple endings" at a possible 86 unique endings!

If you took the time to read a stranger completely nerd out about videogames then congrats... I guess?

VP Wiki

SO Wiki

I totally didn't put too much time into this.
Star Ocean has one profile actually although it's too bad that I pretend it to not exist, same as Precure

Tak & the Power of Juju. Based on what I remember, I’d think it would be in the building level range, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it went higher. It would also have a decent bit of magical hax.

Towa no Quon. 7-C, probably. I think there was a scene he brought down the stars but it might have been just energy absorption from people.
B the beginning. At-least tier 9 and some lore I forgot about Gods.

So you'll have your Low 1-C Oz on the wiki.
How? Via Environmental Destruction? Like destroying the chains that hold all worlds? It has been years since the last time I touched PH but I don't recall OZ having any notable AP feat, let alone tier 1

Tbh I'm not even sure if Pandora Heart is tier 1 or not, ppl can just argue that Jury is 3-D being with plot manip rather than Low 1-C, considering she gets ****** by 3-D characters in the verse

Code Monkeys

Staff would be 9-B I believe from a Todd surviving a 100 story drop.

Black Steve, Larrity, Larrity's Son and Benny probably 9-A from contending with people who can casually break through prison walls.

Towa no Quon. 7-C, probably. I think there was a scene he brought down the stars but it might have been just energy absorption from people.
B the beginning. At-least tier 9 and some lore I forgot about Gods.
Such a based mini-series. The art and fighting movements are insane. Sadly it never continued.

Like, I really like a lot of verses, but the most notable ones that I would like to see here on the site are The Evil Within (9-A to Far higher with a Lot of Hax), Sunset Overdrive (High 8-C) and Mashle (There is only one profile)

Green Lantern The Animated Series, watched it recently and they have Tier 5 stuff but are kinda haxless outside of the anti monitor and Aya though. You could also possibly scale it to Young Justice since the events of it are canon to it.

Sam and Max is a verse I’m working on rn and I really enjoy the series from the point and click games and cartoons very lovely series I can say haven’t read the comics yet but to have to get on that

Tetris (Not sure if it could be on the site though, though the blocks would probably be at 9-B, for the KE of the blocks falling down)

Irredeemable. Well, it was on the wiki, but gone now. Need to add it again soon.

Monstress. Some neat fantasy comic with somewhat nice hax.

Jagaaan. Peak fiction 🗿

Natsume's Book of Friends. If I weren't lazy, I would have added this verse long ago. Got some nice stuff - nothing too extreme.

Back