• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Venom (Tom Hardy) ability Addition and Revision / Possible Downgrade

Though most of the changes were already done, made this before the changes.

Abilities

• Superhuman Physical Characteristics: Yep
  • Adhesivity: Yep
  • Elasticity: Yep though would also say could be with Body Control
  • Transformation (He can restructure the Symbiote in various different ways, mainly tentacles): While I am iffy on that, I guess it makes sense.,
  • Weapon Creation: Pretty sure it was stated only Riot could make weapons with the symbiote
  • can produce organic webbing: It isn't really webbing, it is just Venom shooting out part of himself like an extra limb and the like.
  • Resistance to earthly diseases, poisons, and firing bullets: I'm not sure about these so someone else can tell me if they are correct, though I disagree with bullets
  • Healing (Can heal its hosts deadly wounds, such as bruises, and open cuts): Seems fine
  • Immortality (Type 1, 2, 3, 6, and 8): It has already been changed
  • Regenerationn (High-Low): Yep
  • Body Control, Telepathy (Host only), Mind Manipulation (Host only), Illusion Creation (Host only): Already been Changed.
Add:

• Stealth Mastery: Shown sneaking around and moving silently when it went to rebound with Eddie
Stats

• Attack Potency: Small Building Level (Can take out an entire rocket booster, and easily break walls, doors, fences, with minimal effort): "Can take out an entire rocket booster", yeah no he used a blade from Riot, who is stronger than Venom mind you, to cut a hole in the rocket's fuel causing it to explode. Seems still like an "At least 9-B, likely higher" feat but I could be wrong. Durability could be Small Building level but on the new profile seems to be under a Regenerationn feat.
  • Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (Able to easily lift heavily armed humans with one hand), possibly Class 1: Isn't that lifting feat just Peak Human? also what justifies the Class 1?
Code:
Also shouldn't the shoving feat be under Lifting Strength not Striking?
  • Speed: Probably did happen but, he caught a bullet with his teeth?

>"Would say so but it could just be attribulted to his limited Precognition"

Headcanon.

Stealth Mastery is ok, and yeah he should be 9-B

It seems Limited Precognition is used a few times through out the film though. Like when Eddie is in his apartment and venom says "Don't answer the door". Eddie replies with "what?" and then suddenly a nocking on the door starts. Eddie answers it and it is people trying to get Venom back. Just moments like that.

I could be misinterpreting these occurrences though.

Ok then...? Since it is unclear and since the proof is iffy though to me seems similar to though reasoning for the Rami version (Once again all I have is my opinion), I guess not. What about any other changes?

@Natse Is that supposed to be a valid reason? The host is the important one.

@DragonEmperor We already have Venom (Edward Brock) which is confusingly similar. "(Sony)" or "(2018 [Sony] film)" works.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Shouldn't it be Low-Mid regen? He was impaled with a giant spear through the chest and shook it off.
Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, and even from severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection.

Didn't Venom stop or move some large cars? Could bump up lifting strength to class 5.

If he has a small building level durability feat shouldn't it scale to his AP? He was also able to also damage Riot who should have superior durability than Venom and Venom was able to cause some damage. Also what Qawsedf said is true he was able to lift multiple cars.

"If he has a small durability feat shouldn't it scale to his AP" no, though the opposite is true.

"He was also able to also damage Riot who should have superior durability than Venom and Venom was able to cause some damage." Riot is still superior though. A small ant can bite your foot and "damage" you but that doesn't mean an ant scales. I know that is an exaggeration of the actual thing but it is similar. Besides, doesn't matter too much due to both only being "At least 9-B".

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
"If he has a small durability feat shouldn't it scale to his AP" no, though the opposite is true.
"He was also able to also damage Riot who should have superior durability than Venom and Venom was able to cause some damage." Riot is still superior though. A small ant can bite your foot and "damage" you but that doesn't mean an ant scales. I know that is an exaggeration of the actual thing but it is similar. Besides, doesn't matter too much due to both only being "At least 9-B".
It is obvious Riot is superior however during the battle he clearly did some good damage and Riot even stated that he has a strong host. We have characters like Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) who can apparently roughly scale to Luke Cage even though he's obviously superior. So if Venom can survive the explosion and Riot can easily damage him it should make him at least 9-A. And since Venom should scale because he can cause a good amount of damage to Riot and was even complimented he should scale.

He would be atleast 9-A because he can damage Venom who can survive an exploding rocket booster. And Venom was also able to do a good amount of damage to Riot who should have similar durability. Therfor both Riot and Venom should be 9-A.

I don't think so. Venom was mostly annihilated by that, I don't remember him resisting the explosion at all.

Venom actually was doing good damage even Riot complimented him saying he has a strong host. So he should somewhat scale. He didn't resist it (mostly due to fire being his weakness) however he did survive the explosion.

Back