• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VeneficaAuthor's 7-A/High 7-A Tourney (16/16 spots)

Well, they're in drafts for the next few chapters right now, so i'll try not to spoil much story-wise, but basically, asuna gets a skill called "Fortune" which gives her a 75% chance (Maybe nerfed to 50% later) of getting an outcome in her favor in a battle, a game, etc. She uses it to win against her first opponent in the first round of the adventurers tournament (Big Boi Knight Basically) and combines Fortune with "Scram" (Fear manip skill basically) to bypass his cold and relentless nature in order to cause him to surrender on his own accord, therefore giving asuna the W

Fortune has it's limitations, though. It's obviously not a guarantee that asuna gets what she wants, and a lot of people in her world that are at least somewhat strong have skills that can negate it, so any character with status effect resistance or just resistance to probability manipulation at all can resist it. And now that i think about it, it probably doesn't have a fate manipulation byproduct, since Fortune can't cause impossible things to happen. For example, No 3-A Environmental destruction so that asuna can beat a 3-B Character automatically, No magically making her 1000x stronger and faster, etc. Kind of like how the death note can only manipulate deaths to a degree that is logically possible. So if asuna has no or a miniscule chance of winning, and uses fortune, she'll still lose. Fortune is kind of just like a luck buff that gives her better odds at succeeding at something

Asuna's time hax is a bit more simple. Asuna uses a time-magic skill, Such as Playback, To leap through the dimension of time (4th Dimension more specifically) In order to manipulate time, and also allows her to see the world as if it were a finite, flat plane of existence, However, since asuna is so inexperienced with complex magic types, like time magic in this case, she can only use it go back in time by 10 seconds, or pause it to come up with a plan, and thats it. Which is why it's listed as "Limited". She can't be touched or affected unless her opponent has 4-D hax, or is 4-D, though, so she can use it to heal up quickly or something like that. She can't affect anyone in the real world while she's in the dimension of time, only when she exits. It's kind of like this (Without the auto-death part)

Sorry if all that's complicated, lol, i just want to be sure whether this is allowed or not
Excuse me while i AFK until i find out whether it's okay to submit my protag or not

Well, they're in drafts for the next few chapters right now, so i'll try not to spoil much story-wise, but basically, asuna gets a skill called "Fortune" which gives her a 75% chance (Maybe nerfed to 50% later) of getting an outcome in her favor in a battle, a game, etc. She uses it to win against her first opponent in the first round of the adventurers tournament (Big Boi Knight Basically) and combines Fortune with "Scram" (Fear manip skill basically) to bypass his cold and relentless nature in order to cause him to surrender on his own accord, therefore giving asuna the W

Fortune has it's limitations, though. It's obviously not a guarantee that asuna gets what she wants, and a lot of people in her world that are at least somewhat strong have skills that can negate it, so any character with status effect resistance or just resistance to probability manipulation at all can resist it. And now that i think about it, it probably doesn't have a fate manipulation byproduct, since Fortune can't cause impossible things to happen. For example, No 3-A Environmental destruction so that asuna can beat a 3-B Character automatically, No magically making her 1000x stronger and faster, etc. Kind of like how the death note can only manipulate deaths to a degree that is logically possible. So if asuna has no or a miniscule chance of winning, and uses fortune, she'll still lose. Fortune is kind of just like a luck buff that gives her better odds at succeeding at something

Asuna's time hax is a bit more simple. Asuna uses a time-magic skill, Such as Playback, To leap through the dimension of time (4th Dimension more specifically) In order to manipulate time, and also allows her to see the world as if it were a finite, flat plane of existence, However, since asuna is so inexperienced with complex magic types, like time magic in this case, she can only use it go back in time by 10 seconds, or pause it to come up with a plan, and thats it. Which is why it's listed as "Limited". She can't be touched or affected unless her opponent has 4-D hax, or is 4-D, though, so she can use it to heal up quickly or something like that. She can't affect anyone in the real world while she's in the dimension of time, only when she exits. It's kind of like this (Without the auto-death part)

Sorry if all that's complicated, lol, i just want to be sure whether this is allowed or not
Does fortune provide a 50-75% chance if straight up winning a battle? Is it a constant effect that makes all opponent moves have a 75% chance to miss, and all her moves to land? How far does it go?

And time hax can’t be used for any damage? Is it able to be used to put her in a perfect position to land an unavoidable fatal blow by reversing time to be exactly where her opponent would be (also what all can it revert?)

I think it’ll be acceptable, depends on the clarifications for these though

Does fortune provide a 50-75% chance if straight up winning a battle? Is it a constant effect that makes all opponent moves have a 75% chance to miss, and all her moves to land? How far does it go?

And time hax can’t be used for any damage? Is it able to be used to put her in a perfect position to land an unavoidable fatal blow by reversing time to be exactly where her opponent would be (also what all can it revert?)

I think it’ll be acceptable, depends on the clarifications for these though
Not straight up winning a battle, more like using it to make any skill she wants able to work on or at least land a hit on her opponent, like the (minor spoiler) example I gave above. If it was straight up allowing her to have a 75% chance of winning a battle in full, even though some characters in her own series can negate it, it would make the whole story kinda dull, you don’t want your protag to have zero struggle, after all. (Saving all the REALLY op stuff for her later keys) So it only works for her own attacks, considering it’s more complex magic she’s gonna need to train to use to it’s full potential. So it’s technically all-around resistance negation too, but its only a temporary thing, although it’s true she can activate it whenever again, unless she loses the will to fight or becomes unfocused, obviously (Planning on maybe giving it a cooldown too)

Technically no, as I’ve said before. She can use it to take enemies by surprise though, (Unless they have precog, since Asuna avoided it when Chidori used the exact same skill on her) especially since she‘s literally vanishing before their eyes into another freakin dimension. It would definitely allow Asuna to avoid a blow she knows will kill her and that she can’t dodge though (Although she has plenty of options to dodge pretty much anything anyway unless it has godly range, something she simply can’t manoeuvre around even with hypermobility, or bypasses her danger sense somehow)

Not straight up winning a battle, more like using it to make any skill she wants able to work on or at least land a hit on her opponent, like the (minor spoiler) example I gave above. If it was straight up allowing her to have a 75% chance of winning a battle in full, even though some characters in her own series can negate it, it would make the whole story kinda dull, you don’t want your protag to have zero struggle, after all. (Saving all the REALLY op stuff for her later keys) So it only works for her own attacks, considering it’s more complex magic she’s gonna need to train to use to it’s full potential. So it’s technically all-around resistance negation too, but its only a temporary thing, although it’s true she can activate it whenever again, unless she loses the will to fight or becomes unfocused, obviously (Planning on maybe giving it a cooldown too)

Technically no, as I’ve said before. She can use it to take enemies by surprise though, (Unless they have precog, since Asuna avoided it when Chidori used the exact same skill on her) especially since she‘s literally vanishing before their eyes into another freakin dimension. It would definitely allow Asuna to avoid a blow she knows will kill her and that she can’t dodge though (Although she has plenty of options to dodge pretty much anything anyway unless it has godly range, something she simply can’t manoeuvre around even with hypermobility, or bypasses her danger sense somehow)
I'm leaning towards allowing her in, if there's a cooldown to Fortune that I would make it a lot better, but just do what works best with the story you're making

Next arc she’s gonna Be High 7-A (Hopefully) But Her reactive evolution won’t really be needed since that’s mostly for tier gaps, and she can consciously restrict herself from using stat amps and danmaku, so it should be fine.
Awesome! Let me know when done with updates so I can review it officially

Vol 1 Chapter 6 is finally out so now i can finally start on the new arc cough cough I’m not used to just sitting and typing for this long help

I'm leaning towards allowing her in, if there's a cooldown to Fortune that I would make it a lot better, but just do what works best with the story you're making
I gave it a 30 second cooldown for her beginning-of-series key cause Asuna obviously needs more XP and experience to use luck magic better btw. It’ll be 15 seconds during the tourney tho since Asuna will push herself to decrease the cooldown through sheer will as the adventurers tourney goes on. That okay?

Back