• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Velvet Crowe vs Sub-Zero

The teleport range isn't listed, just his normal range, so I'll assume the teleport is the same.

Regen takes a couple seconds at most from what we see.

He's capable of catching up (with teleportation) to a fast moving CH-47 in MKX's first chapter which can move up to 87.5 m/s plus he extinguished a forest fire here

And you have forcefields.

Are the forcefields more durable than he himself is? She'll still be getting stronger even if she hits his forcefields. Also, since it seems his ice isn't all AZ, the Heat Manipulation will indeed counter that as well.

How is she going to regen when she's constantly being frozen from a distance or at close range? She'll run out of stamina compared to Sub-Zero's greater stamina. Plus Sub-Zero is 12 megatons

That's below Velvet, also her stamina was never updated, it should be very high, daemons in general can fight for days on end. Is it in character for Sub Zero to run away and spam projectiles, because unless he keeps running away constantly, she'll get him in melee range long enough to take him out.

Sub-Zero does not run away, he just spams projectiles from that range. Getting in melee just forces him to freeze you with a touch or with his defensive ice constructs.

Velvet seems to scale to someone with the power to set off a volcano so she's weaker than Sub-Zero. Which means he's capable of bypassing her regen by means of freeze shattering.

Velvet scales to someone with the power to set off the largest volcano on the planet, 7-B being a huge lowball for that, 24 megatons was considered an acceptable lowball by most.

It was deemed acceptable, yes, by staff as well. Honestly, there is a prospective upgrade to 7-A or High 7-A for them, however, I am hesitant to do so, as that would ruin the results of the 7-B tournament.

We know that, it was just deemed acceptable because the volcano is certainly vastly above 7 megatons due to being the largest on the planet.

It's just vastly above 7 megatons, so it would be greater than it by an unknown scale

Yet again, setting off a volcano does not mean that you scale to the amount of energy a volcano releases during an eruption.

24 Megatons was just accepted to be used because that's what I initially thought it was and everyone agreed it was a fair lowball. I am fully aware of that fact and that is not relevant in the slightest.

Here, though it was somewhat of an arbitrary choice (24 Megatons was), people seemed to stick with it because it's still a lowball, if you feel that is more correct, we can consider it to be vastly above 7 Megatons, which still gives Velvet the AP advantage and doesn't really change anything.

It doesn't make sense, I'm going to repeat myself on this one. Scaling to the energy a volcano releases is not suitable for scaling to the energy required to make a volcano. If 7 megatons is a massive lowball, then go calc the actual feat.

She's vastly above 7 megatons without an actual number or multiplier, so Sub-Zero is still having the AP advantage if that counts, he took multiple lethal attacks from 7-Bs on his level and still survived anyway.

There is a volcano feat that actually happens we could scale from (That I found somewhat recently), if that got calced, however, that would likely invalidate this match as the result would likely be higher than 7-B.

Vastly above 7 megatons should have an advantage over 12 megatons regardless though, not to mention the whole amping thing.

Once I finish up the Zestiria profiles, I'll get that feat calced, maybe this match should be put on hold until that gets sorted?

Yeah, Raiden referenced it in MK9 when he said that Bi-Han fought against Shinnok and Quan Chi and the Netherrealm forces which happened in MKM:SZ

But they don't reference Shaolin Monks in the actual game. Why must you do this to me Ed Boo

Sub Zero's ice has shown to freeze the entire body. It's like one of his main schtick throughout the entire series

That would depend on where it hits, no? Also, we never got a clear answer on if all of his ice was AZ or if that was just the peak of what he could do, from the profile, I assume the latter.

Back