• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vegeta upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it would be best to wait for future explanation, and yes, of course he should be upgraded.

If we didn't upgrade Goku for momentarily catching up with casual Whis in base form cause we thought it was too inconsistent, I really don't see why we should accept Base Vegeta performing a feat literally infinitely greater than he has shown full power.

I know I'm going to get called a "DB hater" or whatever for this, but honestly I think the writers simply forgot the mechanics of Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and that this is likely a huge outlier that can potentially lead to some rather inconsistent scaling.

However if the majority of people are agreeing with this, I guess I don't have much of a problem. Not like I'd be partically upset with Tier 2 Dragon Ball by any means.

I don't think they'll focus on elaborating on it. I think possibly 2-C is fine for now, believe the reasons to deny the feat have been dealt with already, but whatever...

Ryukama said:
If we didn't upgrade Goku for momentarily catching up with casual Whis in base form cause we thought it was too inconsistent, I really don't see why we should accept Base Vegeta performing a feat literally infinitely greater than he has shown full power.

I know I'm going to get called a "DB hater" or whatever for this, but honestly I think the writers simply forgot the mechanics of Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and that this is likely a huge outlier that can potentially lead to some rather inconsistent scaling.

However if the majority of people are agreeing with this, I guess I don't have much of a problem. Not like I'd be partically upset with Tier 2 Dragon Ball by any means.
The tribunal gave a pretty good explanation for that.

What's to say what we've previously seen onscreen were the greatest of their AP feats? They always tend to AoE control too. There's still a finite difference between SSJB and Base, not sure how it would be any more mathematically logical if he did it as an SSJB.

i`m in full support with this low 2-C vegeta upgrade. we knew they could destroy the universe but didn`t know if they could destroy space-time aswell.but since vegeta showed they can it`s abvious that they should be upgraded to low 2-C atleast.

ok guys lets postpone the low 2-C thing for next week, after next wweek's episode (which will hopefully give more clues) I will make a blog regarding this as a summary for low 2-c vegeta

as of right now can we just upgrade vegeta to 3-A for "post second time chamber training" to be 3-A since he beat up ssjr black

sure he appeared in base form, but that was when the smoke cleared, meaning he could have destroyed it while in ssb, in my opinion, it should and it shouldn't be taken in consideration, because this is a feat in a serious moment, the goku catching up to whis was a gag thing for comedy purpose, but like i said this is a real feat, if not upgrade vegeta then upgrade beerus, champa, whis, vados, and the daishikan

Vegeta's always considered Whis' advices, they've been told to train in base forms and in the anime, we often see just that. I think it's more likely to have been done in base, doesn't change too much, it's 2-C regardless.

Betanight said:
Vegeta's always considered Whis' advices, they've been told to train in base forms and in the anime, we often see just that. I think it's more likely to have been done in base, doesn't change too much, it's 2-C regardless.
i know what you mean, but that would make him a solid 2-C while he should only be in low 2-C, i believe that it was done in ssb, its actually more logical for it to be done in this form, or are actually saying that he is 2-C in base form

Wouldn't it be better to have him as At least 3-A though since we can't gauge his power other than he casually stomped Black?

Question what are the odds that vegeta could have simply left the HTC and just blown up the building and the door after he got out? Cause to me this seems all to vague and if the writers of the stories wanted vegeta to destroy the HTC, they would have specified it, either a statement from dende or anybody, or showing vegeta blowing up the HTC from within.

Also how could any of the fighters be anything more than 3-A (with the exception of Zeno) anyway? None of them have shown power superior to infinite 3-D power. It sounds like overestimating to me. Even if the Time Chamber is extradimensional, it can't be anything more than a Universe level feat because he didn't destroy the space-continuum of that world, just the immediate space. Otherwise, characrers like STTGL should be at least 2-B because they were in a multidimensional labyrinith.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Question what are the odds that vegeta could have simply left the HTC and just blown up the building and the door after he got out? Cause to me this seems all to vague and if the writers of the stories wanted vegeta to destroy the HTC, they would have specified it, either a statement from sense or showing vegeta blowing up the HTC from within.
did you forget that this is dragon ball, akira doesn't worry about that, in all honesty lets just have him in a possibly low 2-C and if the next chapter contradicts then we change it again

AnonymouXOtakuX said:
Betanight said:
i know what you mean, but that would make him a solid 2-C while he should only be in low 2-C, i believe that it was done in ssb, its actually more logical for it to be done in this form, or are actually saying that he is 2-C in base form
The feat itself was low 2-C. I think it will remain "at least low 2-C" since this site doesn't really like using unknown SSJ multipliers. It's not 100% clear if it was done in base or SSJB, so it will still be low 2-C due to simply that.

Betanight said:
AnonymouXOtakuX said:
Betanight said:
The feat itself was low 2-C. I think it will remain "at least low 2-C" since this site doesn't really like using unknown SSJ multipliers. It's not 100% clear if it was done in base or SSJB, so it will still be low 2-C due to simply that.
ok, but the question is, will this site do it or not

@anonymouXOtakuX exactly this is dragon ball, and akira is known for specifying feats, mostly statements but feats like cells or Goku and beerus's universe busting have multiple statements to back up their claims(otherwise we wouldn't have accepted them.

And for this feat, it's way more vague than a normal feat, they don't even show a scene of vegeta within the time chamber destroying it or something close to it, dende doesn't even freak out or say anything about the HTC.

In all honestly im leaning towards the idea that vegeta just got out and tearless his energy destroying the building as side effect.

This thread has gained hundreds of replies in just a few hours. Given that this is a controversial subject, I will close the topic, and create a new thread in the staff only forum, so we do not risk to have to spend all of our time and energy arguing with a horde of Dragon Ball fans.

For the record, I agree with Ryukama that this seems to be an outlier, or simply a feat that we may have misunderstood the nature of, as it makes no sense to consider Vegeta to be infinitely stronger than most of his opponents.

However, a solid 3-A rating is likely reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back