• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vecna's Immeasurable speed and Hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
having higher/multiple temporal dimensions is a case for Immeasurable speed AFAIK @Qawsed.

I agree infinite is likely fine. But Immeasurable needs better jusitifcation. Also I think we should add a seperating key for High 6-A and 2-C, and for the 2-C just say "Same, but to a much higher degree"

The latter suggestion is a bit redundant.

Can somebody write a list of the exact page titles for the pages that I need to unlock so you can adjust them to infinite speed?

Okay. No problem. Thank you for the help.

It might be prudent to wait for 12~ hours to see if Azzy comments. If he does and brings good evidence for immeasurable speed then it would be a waste of time to have edited the profiles.

@Mr. Bambu

Okay. I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

@Qawsedf

I am not sure. It is probably good to wait for Azahoth.

Probably. To my knowledge Azzy would be the last one of the people who actively worked on D&D from before.

So you're adding "Infinite, possibly immeasurable" to the above profiles or are you just removing them outright?

Waiting for Azzy for now. AFAIK being higher D might qualify you for Immeasurable, in which case at least Serpent, Lady, and Ao would have it as possibly. Vecna probably shouldn't unless we give him the key for scending to Overdeity level.

Let's wait for Azathoth's input regarding that.

To add Dendar has the immeasurable speed rating as well. Also dang, guess we never updated Dendar's profile, it's pretty bare bones.

Yeah Dendar sorta got sidelined I'm afraid. Completely forgot about it. Since we're working on Elder Evils we can probably add Dendar into those.

As for the High 2-As... would being 5-D qualify them for Immeasurable? I believe this is the case elsewhere, though I'm not super familiar as D&D is really the only higher-dimensional verse I work on.

From a quick glance every High 2A or Tier 1 character I found with that rating has a feat backing it up. Well except for Cosmic Armor Superman.

I spoke to Udl regarding WoD's Immeasurable and it largely comes from characters outrunning higher-dimensional creatures. Not to mention transcending the verse's own time.

Going by some Digimon profiles they have immeasurable for similar reasons.

How about if no proper answer is given, just list their speeds as "Infinite, possibly immeasurable". That way all the bases are covered

I'm fine with that if we can't get confirmation.

Right. High 2-A and above.

The 2-As show no ability to maintain this speed.

Yes. That's what we're suggesting.

Speed changed on the open profiles, at least

Being spatially higher-dimensional is a quality that should be rated independently from the speed ratings. That some people do not follow our Speed standards is not an excuse to do so here as well.

Well the only argument I can think of is that its noted that time is 4th dimensional and they would be beyond it/able to move through it due to being higher dimensional. The Serpent would also have the ability to move forewards or backwards in time due to various abilites.

But most are due to magic rather than speed, which is why I suggested a possibly rating instead of likely and thought we would wait a day or two for Azzy to comment first.

That some people do not follow our Speed standards is not an excuse to do so here as well.

So does High 1-B automaticslly qualify you for that tiering? Digimon also seems to be lacking a proper reasoning.

What is the reasoning for Immeasurable here? The first scan about seeing 4 years as 1 minute? Because that is just time dilation occuring due to the person being fast and not necessarily Immeasurable speed. Any significantly FTL person could in theory do this.

Also, unless time in the verse is noted to be composed of multiple temporal dimensions, then transcending it isn't remotely Immeasurable either.

For clarifcation what is multiple temporal dimensions? Every dimension having its own timeline?

In most verses out there we have 3 spatial dimensions and up (3-D) and one time/chronal dimension (4-D).

However, if the verse specifies that there are multiple higher temporal dimensions alongside the spatial ones and a character encompasses or transcends them, that's enough for Immeasurable.

Well the 4th dimension seems to be time and higher dimensions also have time, so does that count? Because as I said before none of the Higy 2As have feats due to being more like living plot devices rather than fleshed out characters.

Qawsedf234 said:
So does High 1-B automaticslly qualify you for that tiering? Digimon also seems to be lacking a proper reasoning.
Not necessarily, I think, at least not if all of those infinite dimensions are spatial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back