• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vastatosaurus Rex vs Spike (Jurassic: The Hunted) [0-0-3]

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is the small family of Vastatosaurus Rexes that King Kong killed fighting Spike, speed is equalized and the fight takes place on Skull Island in the exact place they started fighting King Kong.

Vastatosaurus Rex :

Spike :

Incon : 3

Last edited:
Spike scales above 95 MJ and the V. rex family scale to Kong's 61 MJ feat. All together could pose an issue since they're smarter, but Spike is considerably bigger and has a much deadlier set of jaws and claws.

Hard to say, Spike is a bit tougher and overall much stronger but the family have numbers and intelligence on their side (and maybe experience).

Spike scales above 95 MJ and the V. rex family scale to Kong's 61 MJ feat. All together could pose an issue since they're smarter, but Spike is considerably bigger and has a much deadlier set of jaws and claws.

Hard to say, Spike is a bit tougher and overall much stronger but the family have numbers and intelligence on their side (and maybe experience).
I threw the whole family at him since Spike is obviously beating a single V. Rex.

So are you voting Incon or...?

... idk but a entire group going over Spike with only a 1.5x disavantage in ap makes me think they just tore apart the bigger dino by rushing It, even if one or another die they would win I fell, does spike has any experience fighting that amount of dinos at the same time with comparable ap?

Three V-Rexes is a stomp. The AP difference is not that big.
they are just gonna rush spike down lol, trough sinse he is covered in spikes and the V-rex only real weapon is their mouth... wouldn't there be achance of they impaling them selfs? I guess they are smart enough to go for less protected areas

they are just gonna rush spike down lol, trough sinse he is covered in spikes and the V-rex only real weapon is their mouth... wouldn't there be achance of they impaling them selfs? I guess they are smart enough to go for less protected areas
Spinosaurus can die if they fall on their sail, also damage there is mortal anyway.

Spinosaurus can die if they fall on their sail, also damage there is mortal anyway.

That's a ******* terrible example.
... idk but a entire group going over Spike with only a 1.5x disavantage in ap makes me think they just tore apart the bigger dino by rushing It, even if one or another die they would win I fell, does spike has any experience fighting that amount of dinos at the same time with comparable ap?
Spike stomped a Tyrannosaurus that's the same size as him in less than twenty seconds, not to mention he's significantly stronger than them in LS so they literally can't pull him apart even if they wanted to.

A while back I made a size chart including a bunch of cool movie/game dinos, including the V. rex and Spike, so in case someone's curious about the size difference, here's the chart. (Given that I calculated both of their sizes for the wiki, you can trust me on this one :p)

Also, even though Spike is an outdated Spinosaurus depiction, we shouldn't apply the old "they'll die if their sail breaks" logic because that's something they hypothesized for the Planet Dinosaur documentary and you won't see that anywhere else... in fact it's generally agreed upon that a fall like that wouldn't straight up kill any spinosaurid (and that's not something they realized recently, they knew it sounded a bit bogus shortly after Planet Dinosaur happened).

I mean at the end of the game Spike has his sail bent and he's still fine, so even if you wanted to apply that logic to him it just wouldn't line up with what we see of him in the game.

Last edited:
That's a ******* terrible example.

Spike stomped a Tyrannosaurus that's the same size as him in less than twenty seconds, not to mention he's significantly stronger than them in LS so they literally can't pull him apart even if they wanted to.
not relevant here, It's a 3v1, the sheer amount makes them able to do so by pulling him together, also. does the T rext really is comparable? after all Spike scales to him self on the profile

also. does the T rext really is comparable? after all Spike scales to him self on the profile
The T. rex from JTH also tanks the same kind of weaponry Spike does iirc so they're fairly comparable durability-wise at least.

hum... the sheer size diference should be enough for spike straight up ignore the fact It's a 3v1, voting spike for sheer size advantage and LS advantage, the Vastatosaurus will become ragdolls
Admittedly Kong was also able to ragdoll the V. rexes here and there and they could get back up from it with little issue... though granted Spike is much bigger and physically stronger than Kong (not just in LS but like I said in my first comment, Spike scales above 95 MJ and the V. rex family scale to Kong's 61 MJ feat).

Back