• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Variable tier for Hoopa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Saikou

Actually I believe when they mentioned games they were referring to SMD, not ORAS.

But regardless the movie has it and if its okay from the movies perspective, we should be good to go.

Have you had the time to evaluate this Howard?

I still haven't seen the movie. I guess he could be said tier via summoning, but I'm not sure if he mind controlled them.

Yes, Hoopa mind controlled them in the new movie simultaneously. I think this was most clearly showcased in the ending where the Legendary Pokémon all became docile upon being released from its control but I don't recall it being spelled out or anything.

Alright good.

How should we label the justifications tho? I don't think just saying Low 2-C via summoning Dialga is enough or... Am I overthinking it?

Well 2-C vua summonig and controlling a 2-C, which Dialga is, should actually be enough. Maybe expand it by listing more examples and a screencap of Hoops summoning and controlling said controlled legend plus a link to thier to clear up any potential confusion.

Well, there seems to be a tentative yes for this from the staff, so I suppose that changes are fine. You have to decide how to apply them however.

Hmm okay. How about this?

Tier: Unknow | At least High 7-A | At Least High 7-A when summoning Latias/Latios | 6-C to 6-B when summoning Lugia | 6-A when summoning Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem | High 6-A when summoning Regigigas | At Least 5-C and Higher when summoning Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza | At Least Low 2-C when summoning Dialga/Palkia/Giratina

Attack Potency: Unknow | At least Large Mountain level (Was sealed away due to its power despite Pokémon such as Tyranitar being available in Kalos.) | At Least Large Mountain Level (Can summon and control both Latias and Latios, even when they mega evolve) | Island Level to Country Level (Can summon and control Lugia, even when Confined) | Continent Level (Can summon and control Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, even when it changes form) | Multi-Continent Level (Can summon and control Regigigas) | At Least Moon Level and Higher (Can summon and control Groudon and Kyogre, even in their Primal Forms; Can also summon and control Rayquaza, even when it mega evolves) | At Least Universe Level+ (Can summon and control Sealed Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina all at once)

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Hmm okay. How about this?
Tier: Unknow | At least High 7-A | At Least High 7-A when summoning Latias/Latios | 6-C to 6-B when summoning Lugia | 6-A when summoning Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem | High 6-A when summoning Regigigas | At Least 5-C and Higher when summoning Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza | At Least Low 2-C when summoning Dialga/Palkia/Giratina

Attack Potency: Unknow | At least Large Mountain level (Was sealed away due to its power despite Pokémon such as Tyranitar being available in Kalos.) | At Least Large Mountain Level (Can summon and control both Latias and Latios, even when they mega evolve) | Island Level to Country Level (Can summon and control Lugia, even when Confined) | Continent Level (Can summon and control Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, even when it changes form) | Multi-Continent Level (Can summon and control Regigigas) | At Least Moon Level and Higher (Can summon and control Groudon and Kyogre, even in their Primal Forms; Can also summon and control Rayquaza, even when it mega evolves) | At Least Universe Level+ (Can summon and control Sealed Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina all at once)
It's fine for me

Well, it seems reasonable to me, but I do not know Pokemon well.

Why not just place it as At least High 7-A, higher via summoning, then explaining that he can summon and control the listed legendary Pokemon simultaneously, whilst linking the Pokemon in the profile? I think that makes the point in a more conservative matter.

True but wouldn't it be better to clarify which tiers Hoopa becomes when he summons a specific legendary to prevent confusion?

For example, say someone puts Hoopa in a Low 2-C battle because of the creation trio. Then someone complains on Hoopa not being specified in that tier for it not being listed on his page but only listed to control those Pokemon and they take it as him just summoning them, not using them for battle?

TheMightyRegulator said:
Why not just place it as At least High 7-A, higher via summoning, then explaining that he can summon and control the listed legendary Pokemon simultaneously, whilst linking the Pokemon in the profile? I think that makes the point in a more conservative matter.
I think that this seems to make better sense.

If suggest at least adding a something on to the At least High 7-A, like maybe At least High 7-A, up to 2-C vua summoning as Kukui does have a point, without specifying it can go up that high it could confuse people.

So, is anybody willing to handle the edits?

My apologies but I would prefer if somebody experienced and informed about the issue handles it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back