• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Valentine acausality

Status
Not open for further replies.
okey so i might be wrong on this one but should valentine have type 3 acausality

Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place.

this is the definition and we know that if valentine dies other versions can come to replace him so he should have type 3 acas or limited type 3

This seems to make sense to me, but you should ask other experienced and active members listed in the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure verse page to comment here.

I think that it seems rather uncontroversial to apply then.

Very straightforward, I agree.

EDIT: I have to agree with Prom, Valentine still needs to survive the attack so he can transfer himself to another body with his memories.

No, Valentine needs to survive an attack to do this, because he needs to actively travel in order to do so. If he dies instantly, no D4C, no timeline jumping, nothing. He just dies, and it's done.

Technically both right and wrong, what you say is true but what prom says woud also be true.

He does have it but he needs to transfer his conscious via D4C first, so in a sense yeah the original can die and another can take his place, but there has to be a extra step in between that, that being having D4C body hop. It's technically right but it's an extremely heavily limited version of it. If such a thing as limited Type 3 is a thing, then i'm ok with that.

On the oher hand the novel version of Funny and Kars should get a pass for it as D4C/U can bring in a duplicate even post mortem.

No, iirc he was just defending himself with Love Train, him getting older was due to Infinite Rotation/Tusk's effects.

KarmodF said:
No, iirc he was just defending himself with Love Train, him getting older was due to Infinite Rotation/Tusk's effects.
i mean later when he was underground he was always hoping and got dio to join him

Promestein is better informed than I am about this, so her interpretation is more likely to be correct.

It's not limited Type 3, it's Dimensional Travel and Possession

For reference, you know what sci-fi character also doesn't have this acausality.

So do we need to do anything here, or should we close the thread?

Promestein said:
It's not limited Type 3, it's Dimensional Travel and Possession
That's right, although as we have it written, Funny Valentine would fall under the description as given by OP. With zero contradiction other then the fact I don't see how it has anything to do with temporal but matter of the fact is, Funny can die, and another Funny can take his place, zero questions asked, albeit there's an extra step involved (D4C must move to a new funny prior to complete death), but the description doesnt say that there has to be no extra steps. Now while I dont personally think Funny should have it, OP isnt wrong in thinking the Funny fits under the current description. Maybe change the description of the ability? Otherwise it's technically not wrong.

Why not.

"Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality have other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This is a natural process that makes these characters incredibly difficult to kill."?

I don't like the "Temporal Permanence" name, something like Disposable Existence would be better.

Don't know what you mean by why not, you aren't making it clear what you're even responding to but...

I do agree with your name change, it fits way better, especially given that it ain't even a time based ability (more often then not, although it can be, temporal implies, if not directly enforces, that it has to be time based or the duplicates have to coe from a time basedthing like in the past, future, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back