• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Utsuho Reiuji(Okuu) Upgrade

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I actually disagree with scaling Yukari to Low 4-C.

While we could do it if Okuu was a normal Youkai, she is powered by a Lunarian God. It would be like scaling Yukari to Yorihime or something basically.
Yatagarasu is an avatar of the Sun God though. Basically pet to these god.

Which remind me, how do you pulled that Houyi shot down the Yatagarasu instead ? Even In-lore wise it's only refer to as an sun spot

Yeah but the gods are currently 4-C, Low 4-C is far too close to that tier, when the Gods are supposed to stomp Gensokyo people like Suika & Co.

Houyi was stated to have shot down the sun itself in the Touhou canon, the Bird probably died in the process of killing the sun. Not sure what you are getting at here.

The one extremely important characteristic of the Yatagarasu that needs to be remembered is that it is merely an Avatar for Amaterasu. Avatars usually aren't exactly as powerful as the gods that use them. However, Yatagarsu is still considered a deity, which signifies that it possesses great power. I agree that Utsuho does possess the entirely of Yatagarsu's power, considering it directly states this in print works. I'm in agreement with Core that Planetary level Touhou has already dawned, and there' plenty of reliable feats that show this perfectly clear even if the Yatagarsu feat shouldn't somehow be accepted.

As a reminder, Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, and Reisen should all be comparable to the Lunarians after having consumed the Ultramarine Orb Elixir created by Eirin to allow them to combat the Lunarians which temporarily removes the impurity of death and allows them to "experience the future."

"Probably" isn't really a good answer here.

Though since Yatagarasu is a sun spot, you could compare it's size to the actual sun for a rough power level comparison (about 82 time in volume as the largest one would have 160000 km in diameter,which make the volume of the bird is axp. 2817 times larger than the earth in volume, and about 8.22 x 10^13 for the smallest one). 82 time less would still considered to be a low 4-C, while the other would probably put it in 6-A.

At some point I got lost on the way..

And again she referred to them as plural and that's the only form humans can see.

But where are we with this argument?

Yatagarasu is always referred to singularly in the source material, it seems like it'd be a mistake to say a given sun contains more than one of them or that a single sunspot is exhaustive of the things size or power.

Utsuho definitely controls some 3/4 of the fundamental forces of reality - being able to produce gravity and strong and weak nuclear interactions at will. There's no reason to beleive she doesn't bring to bear the full power of the yatagarasu or that she couldn't fuse... most things really, and the temperatures she can produce should be able to decompose most things on an atomic level, being stellar heat that creates a plasma. I'd say 6-A is really really lowballing her here. She's either weaker than that or far stronger, and I'd say it's likely she's capable of creating an entire sun at least temporarily if she decided to react enough material. Just my two cents.

Then that would be a mistake all on it own.

1. If it's so, then how do you explain Okuu holding the Yatagarasu, if the one on the sun still there, and there's no evident that Yatagarasu come from another ?

2. If Yagatarasu is the sun itself (for being singular), then what is needed for Amaterasu, the actual sun goddess?

Also: "It is said that the Yatagarasu is a raven that lives within the sun. While this is very difficult for the eyes of human, it's possible to see its form from Earth. What are commonly referred to as 'sunspots' are actually the noble figure of the Yatagarasu. Approximately once every 11 years its power grows, and it is said that sunspots can be seen in great numbers at that time."

-Symposium of Post-mysticism/Utsuho Reiuji

The raven is referred in plural here, with the acknowledge that there could be more than one. More over, Akyuu only said it's possible to see it on earth as "sunspot", not neccesary mean that only the big one can.

That is in no way a reference to multiple yatagarasu and nowhere in the source material are multiple yataragsu mentioned at all that I can find.

Note:

"The divine spirit taken inside of her, Yatagarasu, is a high status divine spirit that could appear even in the Records of Ancient Matters."

"It is said that the Yatagarasu is a raven that lives within the sun."

"What are commonly referred to as 'sunspots' are actually the noble figure of the Yatagarasu. Approximately once every 11 years its power grows, and it is said that sunspots can be seen in great numbers at that time."

Not "their power" but "its power". Not "the yatagarsu are" but "the yatagarasu IS". There is at most one yatagarsu powering the sun, and very likely one period - being an aspect of Amaterasu (who is also historically a diety of the universe itself ) this is a high tier deity that utsuho now houses in her body.

Nevermind the fact that Akyuu's writings are by word of god an unreliable and often incomplete source of knoweldge, there simply ISNT a source that suggests yatargarsu is anything but the sun god. Not a collective of gods within the sun, the deification of the sun itself. Trying to act like there are a bunch of these things in the sun or that some of them are "gods but not really" is gross and sloppy speculation at best.

Utsuho consumed the essence of a being of at least 4-C tier and now wields 4-C tier reality shaping power at a minimum.

Also, "This God's power is the power of the sun, a divine flame. It is this power that has become hers." seems pretty unambiguous.

Same assessment, the majority seems to agree and i have no clue how to change the character page, the same thing is also on air with the 5-A Doremy and-co post

Alright I can do it. I'll just change Utsuho to Low 4-C, however I feel like this should scale to Yukari and Suika, gotta discuss it with a friend before I upgrade those. And yeah no other further comments on it so I'll add that in. But I feel like we should bring emphasis on it since we didn't really discuss it.

There definitely isn't enough staff input to warrant an upgrade yet. I might also have some problems with this in general.

Didn't DontTalk disagree with this? He is the main Touhou expert in this site.

Um... Don't forget about me...And forgot to ask, but where is the original story in touhou-verse that support the one bird to rule them all thing?

Back