• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

URGENT: Bangladesh Coal Shortage

KLOL506

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
KingTempest made one for the East Coast of the United States so I will make one for my countrymen of Bangladesh.

As you have read the news, we are recently undergoing a massive halting of power generation because a lot of our coal plants have shut down due to massive coal shortages stemming from the Russo-Ukraine war, as a result, gas prices are also rising steadily and electric bills are going up. We expect this month to be marred with intense blackouts and load-shedding combined with the already-unbearable heat wave that has been plaguing the country for weeks.

In cases of a blackout, walk carefully, always have a flashlight in hand, keep your refrigerators closed, keep backup power sources to keep your phones alight and keep your stoves closed.

payracoal0.jpg

KingTempest made one for the East Coast of the United States so I will make one for my countrymen of Bangladesh.

As you have read the news, we are recently undergoing a massive halting of power generation because a lot of our coal plants have shut down due to massive coal shortages stemming from the Russo-Ukraine war, as a result, gas prices are also rising steadily and electric bills are going up. We expect this month to be marred with intense blackouts and load-shedding combined with the already-unbearable heat wave that has been plaguing the country for weeks.

In cases of a blackout, walk carefully, always have a flashlight in hand, keep your refrigerators closed, keep backup power sources to keep your phones alight and keep your stoves closed.

payracoal0.jpg
Jesus.

Please stay safe, KLOL.

I wish the best of luck for the people of Bangladesh, and anyone in general being affected by the current events occuring with Russia and Ukraine. We live in dark times, but we need to hope for a better future, and that we can all overcome our problem's in the present. We may not be with you guys physically, but in mind and spirit, our thoughts and hope's go out to you guys. Keep safe and conserve resources, guys- Good luck!

That is a decent start at least; though going to be a long time coming before modernization hits with renewable stuff or if at all.
Hahahahahaha... no.

India's dammed up the water sources and is at conflict with China over that. Damming up the world's largest river delta will only cost us habitable land via floods.

Nothing. Nothing at all. We're already opening up our ports to Indian authorities, we have a refugee crisis down south regarding the Rohingyas and we have extreme political instability plus religious extremism to boot, if not the looming threat of the country going underwater in the next 30 to 70 years.

Nothing. Nothing at all. We're already opening up our ports to Indian authorities, we have a refugee crisis down south regarding the Rohingyas and we have extreme political instability plus religious extremism to boot, if not the looming threat of the country going underwater in the next 30 to 70 years.
Yes Gas Prices have gone up and it has impacted alot of businesses and gener use unfortunately

We had power shortages here and even oddly enough water shortages too for a while.

Fortunately some universities switched to Online Sessions so at least students can take rest at home.
I know that to say this means nothing, but I'm really sorry for you guys.

Please stay safe.

Back