• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UQ Holder's Never Dying General Discussion Thread!! #1

John985 said:
Damage3245 said:
Well, it makes sense that the Christian God would oppose yuri. /s
Oppose Yuri? How about Setsuna and Konoka?
Karin anchored directly to "Christian God" as part of her punishment / salvation, so I think "God" prevented her from doing any more sins, because "God" loves her more than rest of the characters on the verse ~lol

I added a little something to Karin's page based off of the last chapter. Hope she gets more abilities next chapter.

The chapter is out.

The concept of God was mentioned, but not concretely stated to exist or not.

No, it was stated to exist by Yukihime— since her conclusion was that it had to exist after their pactio failed. Judas— I mean Karin— is heavily implied to have been cursed for selling off and Betraying Jesus.

It's heavily implied but not confirmed to exist.

Karin even states that it is possible she really isn't Judas. Though I think that's unlikely.

"Collection of consciousness..blabla" ... yeah, not confirmed to be exist

implied to be some kind of metaphor so far, but next chapters may answer the question

No, dude, she was explaining that the prevailing theory BEFORE this incident was faith and collective unconsciousness— but this situation kind of disproves that. It's not a metaphor, what she said. There's no implication in any way to imply that "maybe your god exists" is a metaphor.

Again though, we just have Yukihime's opinion to go off of for that.

I'd say it's strong evidence that the Karin's God exists, but not 100% confirmation yet.

Next to Dana, Yukihime is one of the most knowledgeable characters in the Verse. It's basically a 99% confirmation, coming from her. In addition to divine/holy light falling from the sky, there's very little against the claim. We literally couldn't even accept God himself showing up— because that could conceivably be a lie too.

Even then, I agree that it isn't proven 100% because nothing can be proven—- at least until the series is over.

If Karin gets an upgrade to her immortality, make it a "likely".

I think it's likely that the God they're talking about exists too, but they make a big point about myth distorting the truth or whatever (such as Karin's mentor not really being the biblical Jesus, and Karin acknowledging she might just be a crazy lady after centuries of immortality).

The fact that they even highlight there is uncertainty of where Holy Magic comes from in modern magical theory makes it ambiguous.

I hope we do get some more concrete info next chapter tbh.

Akamatsu might want to bring this verse to new level by introducing God, as this verse is already a Multi-Universe / Multiverse in structure.

and, I hope Karin will get a decent powerboost after this background story arc is over, she's way too weak for a 2086+ years old fighter.

btw, do you guys agree her immortality is counted as a Hax? if it does, I want to add "Hax User" in her page category

While having nigh-invulnerability is pretty hax, I don't know if we can technically qualify her as a hax user herself - after all, she doesn't make herself invulnerable. It's just a part of what she is, not what she uses.

But I wouldn't object to her being added to that category.

I got your point, she is a victim of hax user (God), not the active user. The category probably can be applied for the passive user, but I dunno about the exact rule, so I will leave that as it is for the time being.

By the way Skylietz, I'm making profiles currently for the three immortal hunters from the start of UQ Holder. I was a bit unsure about their ratings until now, but I think it's about time they get profiles.

I've also got the profiles for Negima in progress, but they're going to be a lot longer due to the length of Negima plus some of them showing up in UQ Holder as well.

The three immortal hunters are in the series for a lot less and their profiles will be a bit easier to make.

What do you have in mind for their stats? Do they scales to current main characters profiles? I'm not really sure about their general stats.

Touta in Magia Erebea mode casually blitzed Kaito's max speed, while base Cutlass easily handled that berserk mode, I think they are kinda far behind the current Touta's Tier. Karin is comparable to them, and post-training Touta casually defeated her in a "not-so-friendly" match.

I guess their Tier ranged from Small Building to Large Building level, with Supersonic speed (scales to early series Kuromaru's speed you calculated)

I'm may have a calc or two made for them, but right now I'm thinking they're At least Building level for AP / striking strength / durability, and At least Supersonic for speed which I have a calc for already.

Naw pretty sure this confirms God exists. The memories are downright referencing Jesus and Touta even said that the person is that super famous guy who needs so many supers in front of his name. Karin's memories also pretty much exposed her identity and her story is literally from the Bible. It's enough on this site cause I've seen it before on here being enough but I agree we should wait

We should wait cause it seems the way the chapter ended we may get a whole arc dedicated to Karin and her God. Wonder how this will tie in with MOB. This may take place after that battle with her which will be awesome and have more potential

Also LETS NOT FORGET GUYS LMFAO TOUTA SAID HE WAS GONNA KICK JESUS ASS IN THE EARLY CHAPTERS ƒÿ¡ƒÿ¡ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃÆÇ

Hahaha, not his speed rating - his AP / striking strength rating. I've got a calc request going for it.

Well, we always knew that Dana could stomp Evangeline easily. This is just further confirmation.

Also, this was Eva like 500 years ago and she was a lot less powerful back then than she was in her prime.

and she doesn't have Magia Erebea yet. and it confirms that mages in Inverse mars can't counter holy magic.

So basically, Earthlings needs Anti-Magic and Holy Manipulation to counter the Martians

In front of the power of Pureblood Vampire loli, why did Karin feel afraid of death lol, could it be that the nobility had some kind of hax power that could pass Karin's immortality?

No. I think it's that endless torture is probably worse than that? Being stomped forever is... Terrifying.

It's not that they can't counter it but they never experienced The Holy attribute which I'm a way isn't really magic at all but literally the grace of god.

This chapter further confirms that they have a God the god of Christianity at that.

I'm not really sure that God is there though, Karin is using faith for her magic. I think in Index they call it Idol theory. That's what give them power.

Well, yeah, but that's because Karin is still operating under the assumption he exists. Her faith in him doesn't prove he exists.

Eva in the previous chapter also said he exists when she said your god. Irl you don't have to put your faith in God to know he exists

Eva brought up the possibility and believed it was likely based on what had happened. That's all she did.

And, well, not to burst your bubble, but there's nothing but faith and belief in favor of irl "God's" existence. All of them.

I'm pretty sure that science can't prove that God existed. The only reason why they agree is because they don't want there research to be shut down for not having any sponser.

Sadly Crunchyroll has delayed putting out the chapter for unknown reasons.

Still a really good chapter though.

Back