• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading the Ellimist and Crayak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to not personally change the statistics of profiles that I am unfamiliar with. Sorry. In addition, I don't have the time available.

I could unlock it for you to edit though, but you would have to follow our Standard Format for Character Profiles.

Oh dear dear dear, this is going to be insanely complicated... especially since I gotta add the three stages of his transformation? Um... can you help me, Ant? I don't wanna get in trouble with the other mods.

Well, it would take quite a lot of time for me to properly format your suggested profile text. Perhaps you can ask Ogurtsow for help?

HEY EVERYONE! The Ellimist has been upgraded! Should I upgrade Crayak's profile too, ie create a profile to run past you guys?

Alright, so I really wish I was here 10 hours ago, but that's around when I went to sleep and I just now woke up and noticed some odd mistakes in the revision. I'm really sorry for being late seeing as the revisions are already done.

1. Unless there is a definition I missed, I think Yuka meant repository, not suppository.
  2. There are four Tier keys, but only three are listed in the legend. I'm assuming the middle two are just different AP's for the same form, but it's kinda confusing at least for me. If this isn't a big deal feel free to ignore this point.
  3. Ellimist seems to be missing the abilities for his base tier, of which I can only remember being normal Flight.

On another note, I wonder if i'd be possible to calc Toomin and his race holding up thier home crystal. I remember him mentioning they needed a specific number of people to assist in holding them up. Just a thought.

1. Um... I think repository, yeah... sorry...

2. It's when he was a transorganic spaceship, part machine, part living being. He was first an original spaceship, then grew into a hive fleet, that could threaten the sentient planetoid that was Crayak.

3. True... he can fly in his Ketran form... should we include that too?

And yeah, they needed hundreds of thousands.

Off-worlders are usually astounded by the facts of life on my planet. It's fascinating to speak with them because they can give you such a new perspective on what seems so normal to us. The earliest Generation 9561s who arrived to investigate Ket failed even to notice us at first. Oh, they noticed the crystals of course, they weren't blind, but it never occurred to them to look for intelligent life anywhere other than on the planet surface.

The surface of Ket is quite inhospitable to most life-forms, covered as it is by acid seas, lava flows, and strangle-vines. But Generation 9561 (actually they were Generation 9559, then) were gamely wandering around in environmental suits taking samples when one of their air-skimmers accidentally ran smack into a mast of the Great Southern Polar Crystal and a first contact was made that surprised everyone.

Life? On a vast crystal floating three hundred miles above the planet surface? Impossible! But then we'd have thought the same if we'd been the first to arrive on their world and found them down amidst the trees and rivers and so on.

The evolution of my people is obscure. (Interesting how it is often easy to understand the evolution of an entirely different species, and yet be confused by one's own) Our scientists are confident that at one time we did inhabit the surface of our world, or at least its less sulphurous seas, but at some point the symbiosis of Ketran and crystal was formed and we simply grew together.

Now of course, and for at least the last two million years, we have maintained our symbiosis with the crystals.. The age of my own home crystal — the Equatorial High Crystal has been convincingly established as 1.4 million years. Of course that's half the age of the Seed Crystal, making the EHC one of the newer fully formed crystals.

The term symbiosis isn't exactly accurate. We are living and the crystal is not, though it's hard not to fall into a certain romanticism and imagine that it does have something very much like life. What is sure is that we cannot survive without the crystal, from which we derive our sustenance. And it is just as sure that though the crystals can grow without our help, they cannot survive intact long enough to become as vast as they are. The estimates are that a crystal above half a mile in average circumference will crash. The atmospheric pressures and internal buouyancies will lose the battle to gravity at that point. Certainly the seventy-nine-mile circumference of the Seed Crystal is a result of Ketran symbiosis. How would the great crystals continue to float if not for the lift supplied by hundreds of thousands of Ketran wings?

Calc to your heart's content! :D

You could also calc this, maybe? Destroying a moon?

The work changed shape, mutated, grew like a living thing and in fact became a living thing. For although I was building a ship, I was building so much more. I was building a new race. A race of one. A race of millions.

I was singular and plural all at once. I was alive and I was a machine. Engines were a part of me. Computers linked directly with my brain and soon the link was forgotten and the line disappeared. Sensors were my senses. I was vast. Vast enough to release the multitude.

Thirty years, and at last I was ready. I had passed most of a century on the blue moon. It was dying. The air worsened slowly, but that was all right; I no longer needed air. The waters reeked of decay, but I no longer needed to drink. The fish had long since become extinct. But I had saved the dead. And now I opened wide the gate to my multitude, never to close it again.

All my Ketrans, all my Generationals, my Daankins, my Hayati, my 333's, my Wurbs and Breets and Gofinickiliasts, my Multitudinals, my Chan Wath, my Skrit Na and Illamans and Capasins and my one Unemite and so many others. Race after race. I emptied each dead mind into my extended brain, my biological-mechanical-synthetic construct, all free again.

So much knowledge, so much. And yet, when the flood was calmed, only I was truly alive. It was all me. I was still alone.

I lit my engines and rose from the surface of the dying moon.

From space I looked back on it. What was fitting? Some races burned their dead, some ate them, some buried them in the ground. Some finality was called for so that the floating bones and exoskeletons and shells of all those honored dead could cease to be grotesque.

I called on my weapons and I blasted the moon till it broke apart, till the atmosphere was ripped, away, till the sea boiled up into the vacuum, till the molten remains spiraled slowly down in the gravity well of the planet and were incinerated on reentry.

Then I entered Z-space and put a billion miles between myself and that foul place.

Unless someone can pull a timeframe outta that last passage, I don't think it's quite enough. It's possible I could be wrong though. I barely managed to pass highschool math.

Yukaphile said:
1. Um... I think repository, yeah... sorry...

2. It's when he was a transorganic spaceship, part machine, part living being. He was first an original spaceship, then grew into a hive fleet, that could threaten the sentient planetoid that was Crayak.

3. True... he can fly in his Ketran form... should we include that too?

And yeah, they needed hundreds of thousands.
On point two: I think we could just include both in one tier considering it's the same form at different points in time.

On point three: That would be best, yeah.

Okay. What about the stuff on "lifting the crystal," though? From my estimation, Toomin's Crystal seems to be half of 79 or 80 miles in circumference, since it's half the age of the Seed Crystal, though the "hundreds of thousands of Ketran" wings... well, it's never stated whether it applies to either the Seed Crystal, which is implied to be two times bigger, or his home crystal. Should we go with the baseline and assume he means his own? That for larger crystals, it would be the low millions? Be conservative?

Calc: Not really... just the surface is covered in vicious forests, lava fields (so probably lots of volcanic activity), and acid seas.

Profile: I might have to go back and edit it again. I'll write it down on a Word doc and get it all done properly. As to merging the two into one tier, see, the thing is, the Ellimist's power had grown by the time he could confront Crayak openly with his hive fleet. I dunno... what does everyone else think?

I was thinking something along these lines.

Tier: 10-B | At least 6-A, likely 5-B | At least 2-C, possibly far higher

Attack Potency: Average Level (was just a normal Ketran gamer until his encounter with Father) | At least Continent Level (was able to completely obliterate a moon and blast it out of existence only hours after constructing a ship/body to contain his suppository of alien minds), likely Planet Level (he was able to improve his functions enough to rival and at times surpass Crayak, a sentient planetoid, in their long war) | At least Universe Level+ (is now merged as one within the space-time continuum after being compressed across Z-space, regular space, and a black hole, along with having high control over other separate space-times, and capable of erasing, reconstructing, and manipulating an entire timeline entirely at his whim), possibly far higher (is superior to Z-space and the Time Matrix and has been heavily implied to be a higher-dimensional entity, at least 4-D according to Elfangor)

If the Ellimist and Crayak are supposed to be comparable, you likely need to update the latter profile soon as well.

Hello! Heard you guys were looking for a lifting strength calculation?

According to these guys, a crystal lattice has a density of 1750 kg/cm.

Assuming that I am calculating the big crystal (79 mile circumfrence), that crystal therefor has a radius of 20,234.64 meters, and a volume of 34,703,642,095,136.043 meters cubed. As the crystal apparently must be lived in, I'll remove 50% of the crystal to account for the creatures living in it.

Total volume of crystal = 1.7351821e+13 meters cubed

Volume x density = weight so therefor weight = 3.0365687e+16 kilograms

Divide by 200,000 for all the creatures, and I get a total weight for each of them of...

151828434166 kilograms. Class G Lifting Strength for each creature.

You need to post the calculation in a blog format for us to be able to use it though.

Hi, guys. Took a small nap. I'm still constructing the Crayak profile, don't worry. I think "Likely 5-B" for his hive fleet form is a good idea. It could taken on a sentient planetoid, but at the same time... also checked, and Crayak's form was described as a "small moon." So maybe 5-C?

"Not such an easy game to win, is it?"

For a moment I thought the voice was my own. The tone of sarcasm and deprecation mirrored my own self-directed rage. But then my sensors lit up. Something was emerging from Z-space. Something big.

I spun, readied my defenses, still confident that nothing, no matter how unexpected, could really challenge me.

But the ship that appeared suddenly in normal space was nothing I had ever seen. Nothing that any of my multitude had ever seen.

This ship was not a ship: It was a planetoid, large enough to be a small moon. And yet it was Z-space capable. Incredible! Impossible! An illusion, it had to be.

I swept the planetoid with my sensors and I could literally feel the entity's acquiescence. It invited me to look. It did not care. It did not fear me.

There were life-forms on the planetoid, perhaps twenty thousand, in a wide array of species, most naturally evolved, but some, I suspected, were experimental. Created.

But there was only one life-form that truly concerned me: My sensors showed lines of power, raw, snapping power connecting this one creature to all the other life-forms.

I had not felt fear in so long . . . I almost did not recognize the emotion. Fear. I feared nothing! I was the Ellimist. In a thousand years I had not encountered anything, anyone to challenge me.

"The Ellimist," the creature said with a laugh I heard deep in my mind. "I have seen your handiwork in many places through this galaxy. I am pleased to meet you at last. I've been looking for you."

I could not see him; he hid his face from me.

"You know my name," I said, trying to conceal any slight sign of fear or agitation.

"Oh, but you're famous in so many places. The Great Cosmic Do-gooder."

"You have the advantage of me," I said. "I do not know you." Then he showed himself to me. I saw with a shock that he was like me: As much machine as biological. But his biology was entirely different. He was evolved for the surface, or perhaps even for a subterranean life. No wings would ever lift those massive, muscled limbs. And no creature with that single, dominating red eye could ever navigate easily in three dimensions.

Also, should I upgrade Toomin from "peak human," for lack of a better word, to athlete level or low superhuman level like street level?

Would Class G Lifting Strength be considered "small building level?" Also, finished the list of hax for Crayak, and I'm working on more edits for the Ellimist. I should have Crayak's profile done soon.

So just keep him where he is?

What about where it was described that in their battle of sentient planetoid vs. hive fleet, they sucked energy out of a star?

Guys, wanna see Crayak's profile?

What about bumping him up to "athlete level" given that again, we don't know the size of the Ketrans, and humans tend to be very weak in the Animorphs universe.

I can only show the excerpt, or this will become another huge wall of text. I do have the profile saved, though.

"You've grown," Crayak sneered.

"And you have not. Life has advantages over death."

"Only the most temporary advantages, Ellimist. Life is short. Death is eternal."

"You race from place to place, a fool trying to stamp out a contagion. You're too slow. Life has outrun you."

"Life, no. But you, Ellimist, yes, you have complicated my plans. So now, with deep regret, I must end our little game."

"I see. You lack the courage to play a game you might lose. A coward after all."

"A survivor, Ellimist."

He fired.

The battle was on. He fired, I fired. I threw nuclear missiles at him and replaced them swiftly — one of my "portions" contained an arms factory. The missiles exploded against his force field, sapping his power, dumping the radiation of a quasar down on him and his creatures.

He blazed at me with gravity distorters that twisted and turned space itself and bent and broke me.

I struck back with countermeasures to blind and confuse him. And then Crayak turned and ran.

No. He would not escape me. I was going to follow him, hunt him down, and annihilate him.

I chased him into Zero-space. We carried our battle into another system. The two of us orbited a massive star and sucked the energy from it to keep hacking away at each other. We hurled asteroids, we warped the form of space itself, we stabbed at each other with energy beams.

Crayak ran again. And I followed him. The taste of victory was in my mouth, the hunger for revenge and vindication.

I struck at him with beams of energy powered by a star. Unimaginable force. I missed and struck a planet and vaporized an ocean. The species that inhabited that world would not last more than a year on their damaged world.

But there was no time to stop. I told myself I would make it all right when Crayak was dead. I told myself I would come back when Crayak was gone once and for all.

But it was I who ran from the next battle. And the next. Crayak had learned from me. He added to his own powers and so did I.

He ran. I chased. I ran. He chased. And as the battle raged through normal space and Zerospace we each grew. That was the strange paradox of it: We each grew stronger. Each more deadly. Each more accomplished at inflicting pain and damage on the other.

We had become symbiotic at some level. Neither of us could kill the other, neither of us could pull away because now, now after so much time, now the other was even stronger.

The destructive power we now employed annihilated solar systems in their entirety. Civilizations that had barely raised their heads to look at the stars were obliterated. Advanced worlds, arrogant with their space travel abilities watched, helpless, stunned, and were annihilated.

Still Crayak and I grew stronger and more deadly, but if anything, it was I who grew most dangerous now:

There were two lines on a cosmic graph: One was the number of living planets, down and down. Life was failing around the galaxy as the two mad giants rolled here and there and crushed the helpless beneath them.

The other graph line, though, showed my own slow ascension over Crayak.

It was a hideous race to see which would happen sooner: my triumph over Crayak or our mutual destruction of all life in the galaxy.

And then, sheer accident took Crayak and me down a path neither of us had known existed.

Crayak laid a trap for me. He was desperate. Ready to gamble anything. So he began to move with a definable pattern. He deliberately laid the groundwork for me to guess his next move.

It worked. I read his pattern and foolishly ascribed it to exhaustion on his part. Thus it was that I emerged from Zero-space within a few hundred thousand miles of a force that neither I nor Crayak could hope to defeat: a black hole.

This is why I included "Plasma Manipulation" in the new round of Ellimist edits, given that, well, it sounds like taking energy from the star to use as weapons rather than jumping another tier, which would be 5-C to 4-C.

I think considering every member of his race is required to preform an extremely strenuous activity frequently, athlete level should be fine.

What about stamina as a Ketran? How should that be rated?

Also, does someone wanna calc him moving asteroids in his original ship/body to create an orbital minefield in order to get a more precise lifting strength measurement for how he started out once he became a transorganic vessel?

Crayak

Tier: 5-C | At least 2-C, possibly far higher

Name: Crayak

Origin: Animorphs

Classification: Self-styled "gamer," big red eye

Powers and Abilities: Spaceflight, Body Control (in control of his own planetoid surface to the same degree the Ellimist was his ship/body), Energy Projection (could return fire and match the Ellimist blow-for-blow), Weather Manipulation (could provide a sustaining atmosphere and suitable conditions for the lifeforms on his planetoid surface), Large Size (at least Type 4, likely Type 5), Gravity Manipulation (tried to destroy the Ellimist using "gravity distorters"), Forcefield Creation, Matter Manipulation (similar to the Ellimist, he has seeded his huge planetoid body with various forms of life, including "sycophants and toadies"), possible Animal Control (at least over the 20,000 living beings on the planetoid's surface), Regenerationn (High-Mid) | Reality Warping, Time Manipulation (like the Ellimist, he is able to rearrange entire timelines purely at his leisure) Time Travel (on Jake's prompting, took the Animorphs back in time to a universe where they'd never met Elfangor), Time Stop, Spatial Manipulation, Empathetic Manipulation (he nudged the Animorphs into choosing another path home on the night they met Elfangor in the construction site), Biological Manipulation, Dream Manipulation (had haunted Jake's dreams in the weeks leading up to their battle on the Iskoort homeworld), Perception Manipulation (could appear in any form he wants, but prefers the "big red eye"), Memory Manipulation, Pocket Reality Manipulation (created a side dimension arena for Rachel in order to fight with Visser Three after giving her the same powers he and the Drode had), Technological Manipulation (like the Drode, could manipulate the Chee-net on the Pemalite ship if he saw fit), Omnipresence (like the Ellimist, Crayak is likely permanently grafted to the space-time matrix of the entire universe), Power Bestowal as well as Power Nullification (gave Rachel the same powers he and the Drode have, and then presumably took it away again once she rejected his offer), Power Modification, Intangibility, Teleportation, Telepathy, Existence Erasure (destroyed seven Howlers so they could not taint the collective memories of the rest of the species) Acausality (like the Ellimist, Crayak is also resistant to changes to the timeline), Non-Corporeal, Cosmic Awareness, likely Immortality (Types 1, 5 & 9), Illusion Creation (same as the Ellimist)

Attack Potency: Moon Level | At least Universe Level+ (he is comparable in power and ability to the Ellimist and is strong enough to stalemate him), possibly far higher (like the Ellimist Crayak is implied to be a higher-dimensional entity, at least 4-D according to Elfangor)

Speed: MFTL+ | Omnipresent

Lifting Strength: Class P | Unknown, at least Universal+, possibly far higher

Striking Strength: Moon Class | Unknown, at least Universal+, possibly far higher

Durability: Moon Level | Unknown, at least Universe Level+ (is bound to the fabric of space-time, so destroying it is necessary to kill him for good), possibly far higher

Stamina: Virtually Inexhaustible | Nigh Infinite

Range: Galactic | Universal

Standard Equipment: Unknown

Intelligence: Unknown

Weaknesses: Crayak is extremely arrogant and sadistic; given the choice between wiping away the Howlers' memories or just killing them, he instead murdered all seven. He must always have a "game" to play and he would prefer to choose his own destruction than sitting around and passively observing events unfold without interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back