• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading The Dazzlings to Large Star Level for their final form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the finale of Rainbow Rocks, The Dazzlings absorb enough magic to be able to fight on par with the Rainbow Powered Humane Six. Since the Rainbow Power was stong enough to FLATTEN Full Power Tirek, a Large Star Level character, shouldn't The Dazzling's final form be scaled to that level?

I think that all of the magic in the Equestria Girls universe is supposed to be much weaker than in the regular MLP universe.

Antvasima said:
I think that all of the magic in the Equestria Girls universe is supposed to be much weaker than in the regular MLP universe.
Actually, that's not true. As the Dazzlings said, the human world "Doesn't HAVE any magic" instead, all magic has been brought in from Equestria. They even refer to it constantly as "Equestrian Magic" and it is this magic that both the Humane Six and The Dazzlings use as the source of their power.

Yes, but the point is that it is just a tiny amount of the magic from Equestria that leaks through.

Antvasima said:
Yes, but the point is that it is just a tiny amount of the magic from Equestria that leaks through.
I could see that.

Except... What about the Giant spectral Alicorn that zaps the Dazzlings in the climax. I know this seems a weird to focus on, but the show has always used flashier imagery to symbolise greater power. Since the spectral Alicorn never appeared during the Tirek fight, it could be argued that the Humane Six were tapping into an even greater source of power than even the pony's were. Plus, considering that the difference between the low end and high end of Large Star Level is a 1530x margin, even a fraction of the Rainbow Power (As per your theory) could easily still be Large Star Level.

Finally, the part about it being "A weaker version" is ultimately a fan theory. a very convincing fan theory, but a fan theory none-theless. As far as the movie presents, we see the Humane Five use the rainbow power, and we are never told or given any indication that this is "Weaker" or "Lesser" than the one in Equestria. Quite the opposite in fact, given the aforementioned imagery.

Well, I suppose that you may have a point, but we have never remotely seen the Equestria Girls characters display anything remotely approaching the regular MLP cast's power levels.

Antvasima said:
Well, I suppose that you may have a point, but we have never remotely seen the Equestria Girls characters display anything remotely approaching the regular MLP cast's power levels.
Except that we've seen them utilise both the Elements of Harmony and the Rainbow Power. And while you could say "But we've never seen proof that the the EQ version is as strong as the pony version", we've never seen proof that it was weaker. In fact, the show pretty much presents the two as indistinct.

Plus, I feel the "We haven't seen them display that level of power" follows the same level of fallacy that said that an Alicorn could only be mountain level since their sole demonstrated combat feat was surviving a mountain sized explosion. A fallacy that was recently debunked. Saying that the Humane 6's Rainbow Power must be weaker than the Mane 's because we never saw the Dazzlings cause as much landscape destruction as Tirek did is ultiamtely as flimsy as saying that The Alicorns cannto be Star Level because the beam struggle between Twilight and Tirek didn't blow up the planet.

Hmm. Maybe, maybe not, but we would need quite a lot of community input if you wish to revise all of the Equestria Girls character statistics.

In addition, if the community agreed, somebody would need to carry out the changes.

I will ask Azathoth for input.

Okay. Sorry about being a bother. Do you remember the conclusions?

Yes. The Dazzlings had been in the human world for at least hundreds of years and were shown to be obscenely weakened. They don't scale to their own prime or high-tiers back in Equestria during the events of Rainbow Rocks.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Yes. The Dazzlings had been in the human world for at least hundreds of years and were shown to be obscenely weakened. They don't scale to their own prime or high-tiers back in Equestria during the events of Rainbow Rocks.
Except you're failing to take into account that The Dazzlings became powerful in the finale by absorbing the Equestrian Magic that Twilight brought into the human world. Saying that they don't scale because they were weak at the start of the series would be like saying that Tirek doesn't scale because HE was weak at the start of the series, or that Cell can't be Solar System level because he lost to Piccolo in his first fight. The whole point was that they acquired enough power to be able to fight the Rainbow Power head on.

Lunacorva said:
Except you're failing to take into account that The Dazzlings became powerful in the finale by absorbing the Equestrian Magic that Twilight brought into the human world. Saying that they don't scale because they were weak at the start of the series would be like saying that Tirek doesn't scale because HE was weak at the start of the series, or that Cell can't be Solar System level because he lost to Piccolo in his first fight. The whole point was that they acquired enough power to be able to fight the Rainbow Power head on.
Tirek absorbs almost all the normal magic in Equestria + that of Discord.

Cell absorbs two Large Star level characters and then increases his power again, after that.

The Dazzlings feed on excess magic brought over by Twilight and Sunset. That is not remotely the same as if they had fed from the source, or if they had been stated to do something such as drain all of Alicorn Twilight's magic.

True, but as we've established with Starlight besting Twilight, Cadence and Twilight being threatened by a mere animal, and The Mane Six being too stunned to fight of four ordinary thugs, the show is TERRIBLE at Powerscaling, it is so full of inconsistencies and PIS moments that it is to continuity what a crowbar is to a kneecap.

As far as the movie shows, the Dazzlings fought on par with the Rainbow Power, the same one that stomped Tirek. Does that make sense? No, but neither did Starlight fighting on par with Twilight.

The other thing, is that both Azathoth's and Antvasima's arguments kind of go against the "Where possible, assume the stronger interpretation" rule.

Lunacorva said:
Tirek absorbs almost all the normal magic in Equestria + that of Discord.
Cell absorbs two Large Star level characters and then increases his power again, after that.

The Dazzlings feed on excess magic brought over by Twilight and Sunset. That is not remotely the same as if they had fed from the source, or if they had been stated to do something such as drain all of Alicorn Twilight's magic.
Unless it was the Rainbow Power itself that they were feeding on (And since the whole movie was about them corrupting the "Magic of Friendship" so they can absorb it, AND they don't get their massive power boast until after they absorb the Humane Six's magic (Which was shown in the movie to be the new Rainbow Power)...

You assume strongest if there isn't something contradicting it or suggesting otherwise. That is not the case here. We are comparing Dazzlings who have been starved for a thousand+ years and just now fed on enough magic to manifest projections of their siren forms to the Dazzlings in their prime feeding on magic in Equestria.

I still agree with Azathoth. Perhaps we should close this thread?

You assume strongest if there isn't something contradicting it or suggesting otherwise. That is not the case here. We are comparing Dazzlings who have been starved for a thousand+ years and just now fed on enough magic to manifest projections of their siren forms to the Dazzlings in their prime feeding on magic in Equestria.
Again you keep missing the "They fed on the Rainbow Power, the strongest magic in the setting" part.

And once again, I must point out the Double Standard:

The Dazzlings fight against the Rainbow Power that flattened Tirek.

"Well, that makes no sense, must be an inconsistency."

Starlight Glimmer fights on par with Twilight.

"Well that makes no sense, we'll treat it as canon."

As far as I understood, the rainbow power in Equestria Girls was a pale shadow stemming from the tiny amount of magic that had leaked through from the pony world.

Anyway, this is starting to get very tiresome, as the discussion never seems to stop, so I would prefer if you permanently drop the issue.

Antvasima said:
As far as I understood, the rainbow power in Equestria Girls was a pale shadow stemming from the tiny amount of magic that had leaked through from the pony world.
Anyway, this is starting to get very tiresome, as the discussion never seems to stop, so I would prefer if you permanently drop the issue.
But again, that is merely your headcanon. The show NEVER states this.

In fact I could apply the same kind of headcanon to the Starlight vs Twilight fight

"She said Starlight was stronger than her"

"Maybe she meant stronger than her back when she was a unicorn."

"Well they fought on par."

"Twilight must have been holding back to not kill her."

Plus, the fact that you keep bringing up the same points and I keep refuting them should tell you something.

Maybe you and Azzaroth do not "beleive" that the EQ Rainbow Power is as strong as the one in the show, but this site is not about what two people "belive" it is about accurate statements, otherwise we're no better than a casual debate forum. I want this site to be a reliable source of accurate information, not just opinion.

Hmm. Let's wait to see if Azathoth thinks that your points have merit. I am not particularly convinced in either direction.

Yeah... I think we need more than just HIS opinion as the third man. If he's the only deciding factor than this site just becomes:

"Vs Battles according to the beliefs of one guy."

We don't want to end up like Death Battle.

But I'll add one more point to the discussion on the "EQ rainbow power is weaker than the horse world rainbow power"

One of the most common tropes of the show is it's animeeque use of "Special effects" to demonstrate power (The first Elements of Harmony being a big Rainbow of Light, Cadence and Shining Armour's "love blast" summoning heart shaped spectral unicorns, the DBZ esque fight between Twilight and Tirek, the original Rainbow Power causing an actual transformation. ect.)

In the movie, not only does the Rainbow Power have all the same "special effects" as before, which as previously stated, has always been the show's way of conveying power, PLUS the additional special effect (Which is the show's way of conveying even greater power) of the giant spectral Alicorn, Something that never appeared during the fight against Tirek.

Well, maybe, but I am too tired and overworked to have very good judgement for all of my individual tasks. Azathoth is likely better at evaluating this than I am.

Regardless, then this discussion has to stop. We do not have the time and energy to talk endlessly about every single subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back