• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Updating MediaWiki:Createpage-with-video

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I'm currently not able to be very active, but to still contribute something I thought I would suggest a little revision.

So, as you know, when creating a page one can click on the "Creating a new character profile: Standard Profile Page" in order to get a template inserted with the Standard Format for Character Profiles.
If I remember correctly, what gets inserted is controlled by the contents of this page, meaning that we can easily change that.
By now there are a few things that IMO should be added to that.
Namely, some of the more frequently used optional sections: Standard Tactics, Key & References. Additionally, the {{discussions}} template can be added at the appropriate place.
This would encourage the usage of those sections, make it easier to create profiles, ensure new profiles have the discussions template and if one doesn't need them for that particular profile it's fast and easy to just delete them.
So yeah, no reason to not go for it.

I think that this is a good idea. Feel free to apply it in a proper manner.

However, we currently do not have the standard format option when creating new pages. I have talked a lot about it with Kirkburn of the Fandom staff in private though, and he agrees about that it would be a good idea to restore the feature. I can remind him about it again if you wish.

However, we currently do not have the standard format option when creating new pages. I have talked a lot about it with Kirkburn of the Fandom staff in private though, and he agrees about that it would be a good idea to restore the feature. I can remind him about it again if you wish.
But we do have the option, I think? At least if we're talking about the same thing.

fFX0Hl4.gif

Last edited:
Oh. I did not know that. The standard format option was visible from the start when creating new pages before Fandom's UCP system update. It seems like Kirkburn either got somebody to apply this after I asked him to, or it was available earlier, but we did not notice, then.

Thank you for the information in any case. Your suggested changes can be applied then.

Alright, I have applied the changes and everything seems to be working.
If nobody else has anything to say this can be closed.

Okay. Thank you very much for the help.

I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back