• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Updating Ganondorfs profile

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Ganons profile is rather meh atm. Not a whole lot of links that justify his more powerful abilities, several missing abilities, abilities on his profile that he either doesn't have or only has for certain incarnations of himself, lackluster intelligence justifications, etc...

This is my proposed update for his profile. (Ignore everything after the Others section).

It's not the most drastic change proposed for a profile, but it focuses mostly on better indexing his abilities, adding links to show where they came from, and making multiple tabs to split up his abilities accordingly. I've also expanded on his intelligence beyond the barebones "skilled manipulator and planner" by adding in examples of his intelligence. I added 3 new keys in the form of Pre-Triforce of Power Ganondorf, FSA Ganon, and Calamity Ganon. FSA Ganon I feel should be his own profile but in the past I saw a few people think he should just be a key, if the majority decides it I can easily remove the key from the profile and make a new page for FSA Ganon later. The Pre-Triforce of Power Ganon might also be unnecessary, but again I'll let the majority decide on whether or not that key is needed or not.

I agree with updating the profile and with making FSA Ganon a separate page.

Base Ganon (or Pre ToP) is also something that should be required since this is an indexing site and because it shows all the powers that the ToP gives, which is important imo.

The real cal howard said:
FSA Ganon is fine where he is given its Ganon just reincarnated after he died in ToP.
WIth that logic, all Link's should share one profile because its just the same guy but reincarnated.

This seems legit, but what's the reason for FSA Ganon having his own profile? If they're the same character, then I'd prefer he'd just be another key.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
This seems legit, but what's the reason for FSA Ganon having his own profile? If they're the same character, then I'd prefer he'd just be another key.
FSA Ganon is a different Ganon than the one born in Ocarina of Time.

Hmm okay, I don't remember that being stated anywhere, but I guess it's fine if that's true.

I know that, but being reborn doesn't automatically make you a different character.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I know that, but being reborn doesn't automatically make you a different character.
There two different people - with different lives, abilites, and experiences.

Using this logic - every single Link profile should just be keys, and not separate pages.

Completely different topic and a strawman. Those Links are literal ancestors and descendants of one another. And/or similar to what happens to the Avatar; making them different characters. But what scan suggests he had a different essence or soul?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Completely different topic and a strawman. Those Links are literal ancestors and descendants of one another. And/or similar to what happens to the Avatar; making them different characters. But what scan suggests he had a different essence or soul?
What are you talking about? It isn't different at all.

The thing that binds every Link together is that they share the same soul. None of them have a different soul. And they aren't all related - most of them aren't related. Look at Toon Link for instance.

The only Triforce members who are literal ancestors and descendents of one another is Zelda.

Demise's curse follows the spirit of the hero and bloodline of the Princess.

I'm not arguing against FSA being a different Ganon, it's just way the wording was what I was curious about. And the strawman of me suggesting we make Link have a bunch of keys thus cluttering the profile was unnecessary.

I know not all Links are related but some of them are. And I played Four Swords Adventure, but I just didn't remember it outright confirming him the same way as Link. And he usually either resurrects or breaks out of a seal.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm not arguing against FSA being a different Ganon, it's just way the wording was what I was curious about. And the strawman of me suggesting we make Link have a bunch of keys thus cluttering the profile was unnecessary.
I know not all Links are related but some of them are. And I played Four Swords Adventure, but I just didn't remember it outright confirming him the same way as Link. And he usually just resurrects.
Ganon usaully just doesn't die, tbf.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I know not all Links are related but some of them are. And I played Four Swords Adventure, but I just didn't remember it outright confirming him the same way as Link.
The game itself doesn't flat out say he's a reincarnation (Although his backstory would sugget he's a different Ganon), but the Hyrule Historia confirms that he is indeed a new Ganondorf born again after the death of TP Ganondorf.

So it's looking like the majority are agreeing with making FSA Ganon his own thing, easy enough thing to do. I'll wait for a bit more input about my proposed revamp (I just asked Azzy if he can check it out) and I'll likely apply the changes later today.

Keep in mind that the 4-B ratings are going to be revised given our rules for pocket reality feats that it would just be At least High 4-C.

Thanks for the input. So basically, change 4-B to at least High 4-C and remove the FSA Ganon key to make him his own profile, easy peasy.

Also someone should make a thread about the 4-B to High 4-C stuff so we can properly sort out all the Zelda profiles that scale to it.

I'm also fine for FSA Ganon to have a separate page.

Would the fact that Earth is at the center of the Sacred Realm make the AP value for High 4-C slightly higher than it was before? Because otherwise we would just end up scaling it up from Zant.

The changes have been made, I'll make the FSA Ganon profile later today. I wasn't sure if I should remove his matches or not so I just left them in for the time being.

Back